Episode 308: Today we finalize our 2021 March madness bracket and crown the champion of what believe is currently the best thing at Walt Disney World. Last week we started with 64 things in 8 different categories and we narrowed that down to 32. Today Jon joined us live from Walt Disney World from the business center of Art of Animation resort as we work to narrow down the top 32 all the way to the champion! Was Jon swayed by some of the things he experience on his trip this week? You be the judge! Oh, and look for his Orlando trip report next week. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our pick for this year’s champion as the best thing at Walt Disney World. I think we even surprised ourselves this year!
Episode 294: Today we hear Jon’s thoughts on his recent trip to Walt Disney World. First we cover some news headlines. McDonalds temporarily halted the distribution of the Runaway Railway Toys. Legendary Disney Imagineer Joe Rhode announced his retirement…We wonder if it is just the timing for him or was there any pressure for him to step down. Disney Springs will get a highspeed rail station in the coming years, where will it go and how will that impact travel to Walt Disney World? Park Hopping is going to return to Walt Disney World in January, we talk about potential strategies for hitting multiple parks. We also give some more construction and refurbishment updates. Jon talks us through the good, the bad and ugly of his trip to Walt Disney World. There were some issues with food service and room maintenance at Caribbean Beach but overall the convenience of the skyliner was a big plus. He got to do Runaway Railway and it was a big hit with the family but there was some disappointment with Rise of the Resistance. Crowds were also an issue at times. Will he go back again anytime soon?
Episode 259: Better late than never! This week we had a delay in our recording schedule because of our recent Disney trip but we have so much news to cover that this is a jumbo episode of Traveling with the Mouse! Disney has a new CEO and Walt Disney world has a very bad week full of ride issues. Spaceship Earth has an official refurbishment date and the Emperor is in fact a clone in Rise of Skywalker. Jason and I went to Disney World this weekend and Jason got to ride Rise of the Resistance for the first…and second time but it wasn’t without drama. We had some really good dining experiences and we survived the crowds and short park hours. This is a big episode…get ready!
Episode 251: We discuss some Disney news and we decide which rides we would marathon at each park. We narrow it down to one ride at each Walt Disney World Park that we would be willing to ride over and over again in a single day. If all goes to plan, we will actually go to the parks together and do this in the near future. Just for fun we also discuss the rides that would be the worst to Marathon at each park. In the news we talk about the latest discounts, Issues with Rise of the Resistance, upcoming ride refurbishments, and reduced bus services at the skyliner resorts.
Episode 238: We discuss the latest Disney news and Talk about what it’s like to go to Walt Disney World without kids! That’s right Jason and I just returned from a trip with our wive’s and no kids. We talk about what it’s like to go to the Food & Wine festival and eat at signature restaurants without children. I’m not going to lie, it was kind of awesome. We crammed a lot into a weekend trip and we ate a lot of food and had a lot of drinks. We spent time at all 4 parks and had a very memorable dinning experience at Monsieur Paul at the France pavilion! Jason and his family are now DVC members! Look for a DVC episode coming up soon.
Episode 237: The Disney Skyliner crushed it on it’s first week. (Literally) We discuss what this means and will it be open in time for any of us to ride it this weekend? Also, another Monorail gets a new interior and a moderate refurbishment. We also give our thoughts on Epcot Forever and the end of Illuminations. Adam and Jason will be in the parks this week for the Food and Wine festival. We discuss some possible challenges for us to do in response to donations for our give kids the world donation page
Episode 236: In this episode we catch up on the news of the past couple of weeks. We focus on some of the recent news like the opening of the Skyliner and the final showing of Illuminations. We also go more in depth on a couple of stories from D23 now that the dust has settled on them. We give our thoughts on the Disney Genie app that will be coming next year and we dig a little further into the Star Wars hotel/Space cruise ship.
Episode: 234. Today on the show we discuss the latest news and Jon walks us through his recent trip to Walt Disney World! We also discuss the major day of Parkeology runs on that took place on September 11th. In the news we talk about Disney returning (for a limited time) the Bedtime call from a Disney character. Tomorrowland’s New Sign is being installed. The Muppets may be leaving Liberty square soon. And we are getting our first on ride look at the Disney Skyliner!
Episode 233: In this episode Jon is coming to us live from Gran Destino Tower. He took some time out from his trip to talk some Disney news with us and give us some live updates from the ground at Walt Disney World. We discuss some construction updates and Get Jon’s thoughts on Galaxy’s Edge. Look for a more detailed trip report coming up!
Episode 222: This episode is filled with too, too, too much good content! We start with some of the latest news and then go into a little game where we compare attractions that have similar ride systems. We start with Toy Story 4 and give our thoughts on the movie (no spoilers). We give some construction updates on the Disney Skyliner and Coronado Springs resort. We decided to play a game where we select two attractions at Walt Disney World or Disneyland that have similar ride systems but are not the same attraction. For example, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree vs. Alien Swirling saucers. They are basically the same ride system but are themed totally different…so which one is the better attraction? Another example is Tower of Terror and Gardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout. The rides are now very different in theme but have similar ride mechanics. Which do you think is better? Is there any that we missed during the episode that we should compare? let us know! Also, we are trying out a new schedule where we release a new episode every Wednesday and if we have any breaking news or a special topic to discuss we will release that episode at a different time during the week. Let us know what you think!
Episode 207: It’s that time again! We discuss the Disney news from the past week.
Here are the topics:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary details
- It is confirmed that No nighttime parade will be part of WDW 50th Aniniversary
- New details on the Villains after hours event coming to Magic Kingdom
- Possible Major spoiler for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway delayed until spring 2020
Additional News Stories
- This week we saw Skyliner evacuation testing
- Disneyland Cast members wont be able to visit Galaxy’s Edge until August
- Tomorrowland Speedway’s modification nears completion
- Major construction is going on at the entrance of 3 of the Disney theme parks
- Some Disney titles will be modified or not included in Disney Plus
Episode 205: Today we cover the latest Galaxy’s Edge news and go through the theme park Injury report for Q1 of 2019.
Here are the top stories:
- Grand Floridian new Beauty and The Beast Lounge confirmed
- Disney+ service will launch with sever original shows and a low price point
- We give our reaction to the Star Wars Episode 9 teaser
- Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge is rumored to have a time limit
- First look at the inside of a Disney Skyliner gondola
We also cover these stories:
- Pizza Rizzo is going to re-open for a short time
- The Q1 theme park injury report has been released
- Galaxy’s Edge will have special Star Wars themed Coke products
- Penguin made from recycled materials is on Display at Animal Kingdom
Episode 198 – Today we are covering the past 50 years of Walt Disney World history starting with 1969 and the skipping to the next decade sort of in a carousel of progress type of way. We are only focusing on the major events of the year ending in 9 for that decade. From 1969 we jump to 1979 and then 1989, 1999, 2009 and finally recapping the current year 2019. It is remarkable to see the major changes that take place in each decade. This is a fun way to look at Walt Disney World History.
Episode 197 – Here are the news topics for today
- The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is getting an update
- Will the Skyliner open earlier now that Galaxy’s Edge will be open in August?
- New Bus Station is open at Hollywood Studios
- James Gunn has been reinstated as the director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- A new film called Awesome Planet is coming to the old Circle of Life Theater in Epcot
- A new fireworks show will be replacing HalloWishes this Halloween season
- The moat around Cinderella Castle has been drained at Magic Kingdom
- The Walk Around the World Bricks will soon be removed
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will re-open this summer
- Some theme park hours have been extended for April
- Hollywood Studios parking lot sections have been renamed after Disney Characters
- The Disney 21st Century Fox merger is now official
- Toy Story 4 trailer dropped this week
- Disney Play app will transform to interactive app while in Galaxy’s Edge
Episode 191 – It’s time to discuss the latest Disney news!
Here are today’s topics
- Height requirements revealed for Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Guests visiting Oga’s Cantina at Disneyland will not be allowed to leave with alcoholic beverages
- Construction updates for Epcot and the Skyliner
- What is the future of the X-Men movie franchise?
- Disney files permits for Future Construction projects
- Hei Hei Dole Whip cone is finally available at Magic Kingdom
- The DVC point requirements have been released for Rivera resort
- Flower and Garden Festival topiaries are already springing up at Epcot
- Some notable repairs have been made to Disney attractions
- Epcot will get a redesigned entrance area
- The former Wonders of Life Pavilion is being transformed into a new “play” Pavilion
It’s our second episode of the day! In all of the valentines day fun we didn’t want to miss out on the news so here are the topics that we cover today.
- Casey Jr. Circus Splash n Play area is finally under refurbishment
- Coco street show coming to Epcot for the flower and Garden Festival
- New details on lounge opening at Rivera Resort reveals a Disney connection
- More dates added for the Early Morning Magic event at Magic Kingdom
- You can no longer modify dinning reservations on the My Disney Experience app
- Skyliner gondola testing can now be seen by guests
- The return date is set for World of Color at Disney California adventure
- Former Disney CEO and Walt Disney’s Son-In-Law passes away at age 85
- New Trailer for the Live Action Aladdin released
- Kevin from the movie UP is now a live character at Animal Kingdom
- Cinderella’s Carriage will be out at Magic Kingdom for Valentines photo opp
- Wreck it Ralph meet and greet now open in it’s new location at Epcot
- Park hours at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom have been extended for March and April
- New permanent security structure coming to the pathway checkpoint between Magic Kingdom and Contemporary
- Disney after Dark returns this year at Disneyland Resort with a Marvel Theme
Let’s talk Disney news!
- Maleficent dragon returns to the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom
- Construction updates for Mission Space Restaurant and Guardians coaster
- Annual Passholder suing Disney over scooter incident at Epcot
- It is Rumored the Millennium Falcon attraction will have a single rider line
- Disney movie line-up for 2019
- Some maintenance issues at Disney World have been fixed after internet story
- New details on the ride vehicles for the Disney Skyliner
- Disney Princess breakfast adventures are coming to Napa Rose at the Grand Californian hotel
- New rare character meet & greets at Town Square in the Magic Kingdom
- Worker at Hoop-Dee-Doo diagnosed with Hepatitis A
- New $12k per day VIP tour available at Walt Disney World
Let’s Discuss the latest Disney news! Join us…Shall you?
- Ghirardelli shop at Disney Springs stopped giving out free samples…received huge backlash
- New Mickey Burger at Cosmic Rays is now available
- The list of Walt Disney World maintenance issues keeps growing
- Move it Shake it Mousekedance it! street party opens at Magic Kingdom
- Opening Date set for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Sebastian’s Bistro is ending their lunch service at Caribbean Beach
- Disney’s Rivera Resort is now available to book for late December
- Lee Unkrich is Leaving Pixar
- The new rooftop restaurant at Rivera resort will be called Topolino
- Skyliner gondolas have been spotted at Epcot and Caribbean Beach
- Zootopia Land is coming to Shanghai Disneyland
- New details on the Disney Cruise line Ship under construction
Today on the news episode of Traveling with the Mouse we discuss the following stories…
- Latest Construction update on Tron Coaster
- Disney Purchases even more land in Osceola County near Celebration
- Disney Skyliner construction update
- Cosmic Rays main dining area and Sonny Eclipse are under refurbishment
- New DVC Kiosk at Hollywood Studios is near completion at Grand Avenue
- Walls removed around future exit for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Construction worker files lawsuit against Disney for injury at Animal Kingdom
- New credit card policy at Disney resorts will go into effect February 27th.
- Halloween Party tickets are now available to purchase
- H2O Glow Night tickets at Typhoon Lagoon available now to purchase as well
There’s a lot of new things coming to Walt Disney World in 2019 and we are going to break down everything for you! Everyone knows that Star Wars Galaxy’s edge is opening this year but that isn’t the only major experience coming to the parks this year. There’s plenty of new things coming that have us excited and a few things that have us scratching our heads. We start with the new things coming in January some are interesting and some are…meh. We talk about the new Rivera resort and new addition to Coronado springs, we discuss the skyliner, and everything coming to the parks and Disney Springs in 2019. We finish by going over some closures and refurbishment updates that we currently know are taking place this year. 2019 could be the biggest year in theme park history!