Episode 240: We catch up on the latest Disney news before discussing Jon’s recent solo trip to Walt Disney World! This week we actually discuss the final trailer to Star Wars Rise of Skywalker and give our thoughts and theories about it. Fuel Rods are now going to cost $3 per swap, and Disney is doubling down on the Villains after hours events in 2020. Jon recently visited Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party and got to spend a lot of time on the Skyliner during his stay at Pop Century Resort. Jon shares some tips that he learned about riding the Skyliner with us. During his trip he also got to hang out in Batuu and visit Jock Lindsay’s Hanger Bar at Disney Springs.
Episode 220: In today’s episode Jon recaps his recent trip to Orlando with a stay at Universal’s Cabana Bay and visits to Sea World and Disney Springs. We talk about his visit to the new Sesame Street area in Sea World and his overall thoughts of the park. He then gives his thoughts on Disney Springs and has a few dinning reviews to share during his time there. He wrapped his trip up with a breakfast at Kona Cafe at the Disney’s Polynesian Village resort!
Episode 199: Disney News
Here are the topics that we discussed
- Disney Cruise Line finalizes the purchase of second private island
- Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian is closing for an expansion
- Disneyland Paris reports a profit for the first time in nearly a decade
- False alarm causes minor panic at Disneyland Paris
- NBA Experience set to open August 12th at Disney Springs
- Casey Jr Splash & Soak station and Kali River Rapids have re-opened from refurbishment
- Two separate lawsuits filed against Disney for incidents on the People Mover
- Will Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway open before Galaxy’s Edge
- Disney has pulled resort discounts from Summer/Fall
Here are the news topics discussed this week.
- Names of the Flower and Garden outdoor kitchens have been announced
- The ability to modify dinning reservations has returned to the My Disney Experience app
- New Tsum Tsum game for the Nintendo Switch
- Tower of Terror will be undergoing a partial referb through the summer
- Update on the Walt Disney World maintenance issues report
- The first teaser for Frozen 2 was released this week
- More delays with the newest Disney Springs parking garage construction
- The founder of the Disney Archives passed away this week
- Ron Jon surf shop location is coming to Disney Springs
- A guest reported having a gun pointed at them over a parking space at Animal Kingdom
- A new Moana hei hei themed Dole Whip is coming to Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom
- Star Wars Speeder bike photo opp officially removed from Hollywood Studios
- Two mystery structures are being built at Epcot and Animal Kingdom
- New Ducktales merchandise now available
There’s a lot of new things coming to Walt Disney World in 2019 and we are going to break down everything for you! Everyone knows that Star Wars Galaxy’s edge is opening this year but that isn’t the only major experience coming to the parks this year. There’s plenty of new things coming that have us excited and a few things that have us scratching our heads. We start with the new things coming in January some are interesting and some are…meh. We talk about the new Rivera resort and new addition to Coronado springs, we discuss the skyliner, and everything coming to the parks and Disney Springs in 2019. We finish by going over some closures and refurbishment updates that we currently know are taking place this year. 2019 could be the biggest year in theme park history!
This episode details my recent Walt Disney World trip to catch the end of Food & Wine Festival as well as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for this year. This also marks my first stay and a Disney Value resort. I stayed in the Little Mermaid section of Disney’s Art of Animation. Overall I had a good experience but I look forward to checking out other Value resorts that have the newly refurbished rooms! I give my opinion on this year’s Christmas Party and list my favorite treat locations. I also have 2 new restaurant recommendations…I had exceptional meals at Enzo’s Hideaway at Disney Springs and Sebastian’s Bistro at Caribbean Beach resort. I will go out of my way to eat at these locations again!
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney Springs area hotels are getting Disney resort benefits through 2019
- Disney After Hours Extends Into 2019
- New Details Released for Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin’s Third Hotel Tower
- Rumored opening date revealed for Ratatouille Ride at Epcot
- New “Per Mile” Pricing Model for Minnie Van Service Being Introduced
- Stark Industries Takes Over “A Bug’s Land” at Disney California Adventure
- Spaceship Earth was closed for leaking water…Rumored to receive update
- Walt Disney World Cast Members New Union Contract, Raising Wages To $15 An Hour
To day we are talking all about Disney Springs! We discuss the past present and future of this area. Originally opened as the Lake Buena Vista shopping village in 1975, This area has seen a lot of changes over the years. Mostly during the late 80’s and of course the recent changes that transformed this area from Downtown Disney into Disney Springs. Jon and I talk about some of our earliest memories here which includes a character meal at the Empress Lilly restaurant (now Paddlefish). Below is the photo from 1983 where Pluto jumped into Jon’s Dad’s arms (can you imagine this happening today?)
There is so much to see and do here that it is worth your time to come to Disney springs at least for a half-day.
Today’s News topics include:
- Guardians roller coaster show building will not be themed at EPCOT
- Avengers Infinity War release date on Blu-ray and digital + life-hacks with Jon
- Passholder playtime event for Toy Storyland sold out in 3 hours
- Disney After hours event received a lot of media attention
- Update on the cause of death for a Disney World castmember
- Padme visits the planet Batuu (galaxy’s edge) in a new Star Wars novel
- Interesting suggestion to replace Stich’s Great Escape with Incredibles show
- Major power outage at Hollywood Studios
- Best Western Disney Springs is expanding
- New three caballeros merchandise at Mexico pavilion…No more Coco redesign?
Then we do some news stories at a harefooted pace that include:
Frozen 2 casting announcement, Winnie the Pooh, Figment, Tower of Terror, new Cast member parking lot Pizzafari, Wreck it Ralph, Dessert parties, giant hot dogs and Disneyland’s 63rd birthday!
In this episode we talk about the largely unsuccessful Disney property known as Disney Quest. This started out in the late 90’s as the next big Disney indoor theme park that would be in major cities across the globe. However, only two were ever built…One in Chicago and one at Walt Disney World. The only one to last more than two years was the one located in Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) at Walt Disney World. Jon and I talk about our experiences with the attractions here and talk about what could have been if some of the attractions were updated.
What would you do on a Walt Disney World vacation if money was not a consideration? I’m sure that we’ve all pondered this question. Today Jon and I give our itineraries for our no limits Disney vacation. The only parameters that we placed on this scenario was that it could only be at Walt Disney World and an 8 day 7 night vacation. We go through each day of our no limits vacation and tell you exactly what we would splurge on. What would you do on your no limits vacation Disney vacation?
Today on the show, I go over the highlights of my 9 day March trip to Walt Disney World. I talk about staying at an off property hotel…(Hilton Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs). I got to explore Disney Springs while I was there so I give my thoughts on the dinning and shopping options that are available. I then stayed for a few days at the Dolphin hotel where I had a different experience than I did the last time I stayed there. I also, tried the Minnie van service so I give a short review on that. I give an overview of the Flower & Garden festival and I finally got to experience Flight of Passage at Pandora!