Today I go over the basics of the Walt Disney World annual Pass! I start by going over the different types of passes and the current rates for those passes. I then talk about the process of activating your pass and how to get your passholder magic bands and magnets. I also, discuss the benefits of being a passholder including, discounts on hotels, merchandise, and dinning. I talk about what I think is the best benefit…the inclusion of memory maker and some of the other smaller benefits that I think are worth mentioning. I hope that this helps you determine if an annual pass is right for you.
Today marks our one year anniversary! Time sure does fly when you are having fun! On this episode we talk about the latest Disney news and rumors.
The topics are:
- New Antman based attraction coming to Hong Kong Disneyland
- Chicken Guy is set to open this month at Disney Springs
- Disney plans to remove all plastic straws by mid-2019
- Is Disney designing a new app to help guests take photos?
- Ziploc is now the official sponsor of Splash Mountain
- Disney announces casting for live action Lady and the Tramp movie
- Fox board approved of Disney acquisition in less than 15 minutes
- Disney is developing a flexible speaker that can be hidden in objects
- Cast announced for Star Wars episode 9
- V.I.Passholder event details announced for Magic Kingdom
- New permits hint at major changes coming to illuminations at EPCOT
- DVC members can enter the park 2 hours earlier for the Halloween Party
- Pet friendly policy has been made permanent at select Walt Disney World resorts
- Production has begun on the new Jungle Cruise film
- New spaceship installed at Galaxy’s Edge
To day we are talking all about Disney Springs! We discuss the past present and future of this area. Originally opened as the Lake Buena Vista shopping village in 1975, This area has seen a lot of changes over the years. Mostly during the late 80’s and of course the recent changes that transformed this area from Downtown Disney into Disney Springs. Jon and I talk about some of our earliest memories here which includes a character meal at the Empress Lilly restaurant (now Paddlefish). Below is the photo from 1983 where Pluto jumped into Jon’s Dad’s arms (can you imagine this happening today?)
There is so much to see and do here that it is worth your time to come to Disney springs at least for a half-day.
In Episode 130, Jon and I have a discussion on Disney Trip planning…specifically, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. We give our strategies on planning fast passes, dining reservations, and what items that are helpful to bring on a Disney vacation. We give some insight on what we believe are important things to consider when Disney trip planning. We’ve both booked Disney vacations on short notice and also up to a year in advance so we have you covered!
Today we discuss the latest Disney news and then we talk about our experience at Toy Story Land! I recently visited Toy Story Land to get a first hand look at everything and experience as much as it has to offer. I give my thoughts on Slinky dog dash, Alien Swirling saucers, Woody’s Lunchbox and the overall theme of the land.
But first, here are the news topics we discussed:
- Projection mapping technology coming to Disney hotel rooms?
- The new restaurant coming to the Japan pavilion is under construction
- Candlelight processional narrators anounced
- Company-wide network outage causes issues with my Disney experience app
- New casting announced for Star Wars Episode 9
- Expedition Everest could be getting the much needed refurb that it deserves
- Walt Disney World cast member tragically dies
- Disney announces some changes to upcoming movies
Today we are doing our resort tour of Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort! This resort is one that Jon and I both stayed at together. However, it was 26 years ago…I guess we need to plan our return visit to this resort soon. Jon has visited the resort recently and we have had friends and family who have stayed at the resort recently as well. We give you an overview of all of the amenities and special things that this resort has to offer. We also give an update on the massive construction going on in this area….There’s construction on the resort itself, the Disney Skyliner, and the Riviera resort which is just footsteps away. This is Walt Disney World’s original moderate resort and the only one to be considered an EPCOT moderate resort.
Today we give our review for the Incredibles 2! The first 8 minutes is spoiler free so if you haven’t seen it yet you can pause it there. The rest of the time we spend going through the different parts of the movie that stood out to us for various reasons. We also give our thoughts on whether or not you should bring younger children to see this movie. There are some scenes that can be intense for some viewers and if you or anyone in your family have certain medical conditions be aware that there is a pretty intense strobe effect in the film. Overall we enjoyed it and we think you will too.
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney announces the new heads of Pixar and Disney Animation studios
- Fox approves of Disney’s newest bid for 20th Century Fox
- Lucasfilm denies rumors that Star Wars spin off films have been put on hold
- Pixar Pier opens at Disney’s California Adventure
- World of Color delays return at least until the end of the year
- Toy Story Land opening this week
- First Skyliner vehicle spotted on Disney property
- Frozen Ever After will be duplicated in Hong Kong and Paris
- Inside out attraction coming to Pixar Pier
- Fourth of July fireworks schedule for Magic Kingdom
- Person suing Disney for plagiarism for Inside Out script
Today Jon and I have another round of Disney Pros and Cons! This is the game where we randomly select something from Walt Disney World and one of us will list the pros and the other has to list the cons. This time we added restaurants and resorts to the list as well. The way it works is that we use a random number generator that we match to a number on our list of attractions, dining locations, and resorts. We go through several rounds and see who can make the best arguments for or against something.
In today’s episode I discuss my recent trip to New York city and talk about my experiences at Coney Island and the Bronx Zoo. I compare the two experiences to Disney and compare the similarities. For instance, Disney’s boardwalk is inspired by Coney Island and I believe that Animal Kingdom also took some inspiration from the Bronx Zoo as well. If you find yourself in the New York area I highly recommend the Bronx Zoo!
Today’s news stories include:
- New hotels to be built at Flamingo crossings near Disney
- The updates to Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
- New alcohol infused frozen coke machine at Art of Animation
- New animated series based on the Rocketeer is coming to Disney jr.
- The Magic Kingdom omnibus will be out at night during the summer
- Comcast makes and all cash bid for 20th Century Fox
- Tokyo Disney Sea is getting new Peter Pan, Tangled and Frozen attractions
- Incredibles 2 breaks box office records during opening weekend
- Cast member previews have started for Toy Story Land
- Bus wait times are now part of the My Disney Experience app
In Today’s episode Jon and I preview the 2018 Food and Wine festival! This year the festival is 75 days starting at the end of August and ending in mid-November. We give a general overview of the festival and share some of our tips and experiences from our times visiting during Food and Wine. We share what we currently know about the new things coming to this year’s festival! Be on the lookout for future episodes on Food and Wine once we know more details.
Today we continue our resorts series and take an in depth look at Disney’s Fort Wilderness resort and campground. This massive resort opened shortly after the Contemporary and Polynesian Village resorts in 1971. We take a look at details of this resorts including the different accommodations, dinning options, shopping and recreational activities. Let us know what you think of this resort and which resort should we cover next?
Today we are giving our picks for the best 3 snacks, dinning locations, and attractions for Hollywood Studios! We found that at Hollywood studios it is tough to find snacks that stand out and are also unique to this park. I think we made some solid choices that we think you will enjoy if you give them a try. Also, we ended up picking some of the same things for our dinning and attraction choices but not in the same order. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our choices!
Today’s News topics include:
- Solo Box Office results are below expectations
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge reveals the name for it’s outpost
- Pirates at Disneyland will now be added to their Maxpass service
- Alcohol Sales at Magic Kingdom expands to more dinning locations
- Construction update on the Riviera Hotel
- Update on construction at Coronado Springs
- Epcot Construction updates
- Donald’s Dino Bash at Animal Kingdom
- Incredible Tomorrowland Expo
- Animal Kingdom testing an in park ticket center
In today’s episode we discuss the many different types of weather that you will encounter during a Walt Disney World Vacation. We go through some of our weather related stories from our past experiences. We’ve dealt with fast developing thunderstorms, heavy rain, hot weather, cold weather, tropical storms, and even a tornado warning. We also give some of our tips one where to go or what do if you run into unexpected bad weather in each of the 4 theme parks…
Today we start a new short term series that we are calling 333. This is where we take a Disney park and we give you our top 3 snacks, top 3 restaurants, and top 3 attractions. That’s why we decided to name it 333. In this episode we give you our current top 3 snacks, restaurants, and rides at the Magic Kingdom. Next week we will give you our EPCOT 333.
Today’s news topics include:
- Avenger’s Infinity War reaches 1 Billion faster than any movie in history
- First look at Alien Swirling Saucers
- Animatronic Wheezy is added to the end of Slinky Dog Dash
- Disney previews some Toy Story Land Merchandise
- Mobile Ordering is coming to Disneyland
- Limited Edition Toy Story Land Magic Bands released
- Paradise Pier hotel’s Pixar overlay has started
- Disney Confirm’s Night of Joy will not return in the Future
- Guardian’s of the Galaxy construction update ad EPCOT
- Construction begins in the old WDW STOLport site (mentioned video)
- New Lost and Found Process coming to Walt Disney World
- New Character coming to Disney Junior Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine
- Disney World is going to offer fast pass packages for one day tickets
- John Boyega gives a hint at the timeline of Star Wars Episode 9
- Slinky Dog Dash Fast Passes are going fast at the 60 day mark
We made it to 100 Episodes! In this episode we answer your questions. A few episodes back we asked for your questions or suggestions for topics that you would like for us to cover. Keep them coming! firstname.lastname@example.org. We home that this episode will help you get to know us a little better. We answer some questions about ourselves and our love for Disney which sparked some really good conversation. We will see you in Episode 101!
Today’s news topics include:
- Infinity War breaks opening weekend box office record
- Bob Gurr believes that Walt Disney World is getting new monorails
- Navi River journey re-opens after being closed for 3 straight Days
- Disney announces their upcoming movie release dates
- Minnie Vans are now available at all Walt Disney World resorts
- The new Queue for Dumbo opens at Disneyland
- New attractions are coming along at Tokyo Disneyland
- An update on Walt Disney’s Plane (From our Hollywood Studios Episode)
And Much More!