Happy Valentine’s day everyone! In honor of this special occasion we are giving you our list of most romantic things that you can do at Walt Disney World. We go through each of the four parks at Walt Disney World and give you our most romantic attractions and reasons why we picked them. We of course go into our picks for most romantic Disney World Restaurants. There’s a lot to choose from but we pick the ones that offer the most romantic atmosphere, food, and experiences. Finally we give our picks for the most romantic experiences that you can have at Walt Disney World with your significant other. Let us know if you think we missed something on our list!
Today on the show we list the pros and cons of the Disney Moderate and Value Resorts! We hope that this episode (and last week’s episode) will be helpful if you are trying to decide which Disney resort is right for you. (Also, We realized that we left out Animal Kingdom Lodge from the last episode so we include it as well. As we found out with the deluxe resorts there are conveniences that come along with them but with a hefty price tag. The Moderate and Value resorts have a much more reasonable price tag but with that you are giving up some of those deluxe conveniences. We hope that this series of episodes will help you weigh the pros and cons of the Disney resorts to find the one that is just right for you!
Today’s news topics Are:
- New “I’m going to Disney World” T-shirts are available
- Tom Brady and Julian Edelman visit Walt Disney World after Super Bowl win
- Rumor, is Disneyland Paris getting a Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
- Rock N’ Roller coaster’s Fast Pass Entrance is moving
- Guest exits coaster train during the ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland
- Tron Coaster construction update
- Disney World brings back the VIPassholder events for Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Guest Experience teams are continuing through Spring 2019 at Magic Kingdom
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop will close for lengthy refurbishment in August
- New Trailer for Toy Story 4 released right after the Super Bowl
- Disney testing out smart speakers in hotel rooms at Yatch & Beach Club
- Rumored opening date for Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris
- Disney testing new acrobatic robot technology
- Return of the Jedi speeder bike photo opp is currently behind a wall…Maybe gone?
- Disney is closing a loophole in the Fast Pass Plus system…More Fast Passes now available
Today on the show we continue going through the unofficial guide to Walt Disney world to discuss more tips, tricks, and helpful information. We start by discussing online check-in and how Disney uses the Magic band’s RF technology. We go through the 2018 Disney resorts report cards to see which resorts had the best overall ratings for things like, check-in efficiency, cleanliness, Transportation, staff, and quietness of the rooms. We list the pros and cons of every Disney Deluxe resort. We hope that this information about the resorts will be helpful If you are planning a Disney vacation and are trying to decide which resort is the best for your needs. Next week we will go through the pros and cons of the Disney Moderate and Value resorts.
Let’s talk Disney news!
- Maleficent dragon returns to the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom
- Construction updates for Mission Space Restaurant and Guardians coaster
- Annual Passholder suing Disney over scooter incident at Epcot
- It is Rumored the Millennium Falcon attraction will have a single rider line
- Disney movie line-up for 2019
- Some maintenance issues at Disney World have been fixed after internet story
- New details on the ride vehicles for the Disney Skyliner
- Disney Princess breakfast adventures are coming to Napa Rose at the Grand Californian hotel
- New rare character meet & greets at Town Square in the Magic Kingdom
- Worker at Hoop-Dee-Doo diagnosed with Hepatitis A
- New $12k per day VIP tour available at Walt Disney World
In today’s episode we continue going through the 2019 unofficial guide to Walt Disney World and give some more insight into the resorts and theme parks. This guide is really helpful when selecting a resort and room location because of the extensive survey data that touring plans collects. We go through several of those survey results, I think you will find them quite interesting. We may continue with a part 3 soon as we really enjoy discuss this topic. Let us know what you think!
Let’s Discuss the latest Disney news! Join us…Shall you?
- Ghirardelli shop at Disney Springs stopped giving out free samples…received huge backlash
- New Mickey Burger at Cosmic Rays is now available
- The list of Walt Disney World maintenance issues keeps growing
- Move it Shake it Mousekedance it! street party opens at Magic Kingdom
- Opening Date set for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Sebastian’s Bistro is ending their lunch service at Caribbean Beach
- Disney’s Rivera Resort is now available to book for late December
- Lee Unkrich is Leaving Pixar
- The new rooftop restaurant at Rivera resort will be called Topolino
- Skyliner gondolas have been spotted at Epcot and Caribbean Beach
- Zootopia Land is coming to Shanghai Disneyland
- New details on the Disney Cruise line Ship under construction
In this episode, I discuss my recent Walt Disney World trip. This time I stayed at Pop Century resort and I give my opinion on my first stay at this resort. I also had 2 meals at the Japan pavilion at Epcot. Both were very good but all things considered I liked one a little better than the other. I also had a very special experience on Kilimanjaro Safari…We were there the day that a giraffe gave birth. Also, I discovered a nice quiet spot to view the Happily ever after fireworks at Magic Kingdom. This trip was also my first time visiting over a marathon weekend. I have some tips one how to make the most of the time if you are not involved with the marathon.
Today on the news episode of Traveling with the Mouse we discuss the following stories…
- Latest Construction update on Tron Coaster
- Disney Purchases even more land in Osceola County near Celebration
- Disney Skyliner construction update
- Cosmic Rays main dining area and Sonny Eclipse are under refurbishment
- New DVC Kiosk at Hollywood Studios is near completion at Grand Avenue
- Walls removed around future exit for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Construction worker files lawsuit against Disney for injury at Animal Kingdom
- New credit card policy at Disney resorts will go into effect February 27th.
- Halloween Party tickets are now available to purchase
- H2O Glow Night tickets at Typhoon Lagoon available now to purchase as well
Today we take a look at the 2019 unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and discuss some of the major topics in the book. We start by going over the top guest complaints from recent Disney World vacations and give our thoughts on those. We also discuss things like the weather patterns in Florida to the Rides that have the most likely chance of experiencing downtime during a typical day. We had a lot of fun with this discussion and will definitely have a part 2 coming soon!
Today’s News Topics include:
- Slinky Dog Dash Coaster Tails have been removed because of Safety Concerns
- New concept art for Riviera Resort
- Disney releases the music of Pandora album
- New details about Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Bob Iger Reveals the opening time frame for Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge
- The Disney CEO is in some hot water on Social Media after comments about attractions in the Parks
- Disneyland increases ticket prices…again
It’s the first news day of 2019! We start by talking Walt Disney World discounts! Disney just released some resort discounts for Spring & Summer as well as the free dinning offer much earlier this year than usual. We of course know that is because of Star Wars Galaxy’s edge opening in the Fall this year. There wasn’t a lot of other major news stories this week but we do discuss some minor things like…The Odyssey is now open again at Epcot, Walt Disney’s private plane has been gutted, and the rise of urban explorers on Disney Property. Finally we finish the episode by trying to predict the opening date for the major attractions coming to the Disney parks this year. Let’s see who is the best at guessing the opening dates!
Before blazing into 2019 with our mickey ears flapping in the wind, we decided that on this last day of 2018 to take a look back over the news stories from the past 364 days that stood out the most to us. We begin the episode with one of the latest news stories that we just had to mention, the apparent theft of the Buzzy animatronic from the wonders of life pavilion at Epcot. After that we discuss the major news events of the year and take a look at the top stories from each month in 2018. The common themes from this year were monorail issues, price increases and a lot of construction. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store in the world of Disney. We will preview the coming year next week. Happy new year everyone!
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
As the end of the year approaches, we thought we would go over a few smaller topics that we considered for an entire episode. For one reason or another we felt like these topics wouldn’t provide enough content for a full episode so we are going to have an open discussion on them in Today’s episode. The first topic is that of Disney lowering ride capacity for certain attractions on days with lower crowds. We get into why Disney would do this and how it is very subtle to most guests but to the keen observer it can be pretty obvious. The next topic (speaking of crowds) is about the busiest season at Walt Disney World and that is Christmas through the New Year. We talk about the crowds and how to best manage them when the park is at or near capacity. Our final topic is about driving to Walt Disney World. Jon and I both live close enough that we can get there in about 7 hours of driving. We talk about the different ways to get to there and a quicker way to pay tolls if you are a Georgia or North Carolina resident. It turns out that we could turn these topics into a full episode and we may do that in the future. Let us know what topics you would like for us to cover!
Today’s News topics:
- Annual Passholders now have to show ID for Disney Parking
- Completed Millennium Falcon is now at Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge
- Joey Fatone will now be the narrator for the Christmas Candlelight processional
- Gardian’s Coaster track now being installed
- Monorail has another incident this time the doors wont open for several stops
- Disney Bus crash sends 15 to the hospital
- New high speed rail proposal could include a stop at Walt Disney World
- Disney Skyliner testing seen at Caribbean Beach resort
- Disney After Hours debuts at Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland is cracking down on Merchandise re-sellers by revoking annual passes
- Tokyo Disneyland’s new Beauty and the Beast attraction looks amazing
Today’s episode centers around a largely abandoned pavilion at Epcot known as the Wonders of Life Pavilion. This Pavilion was part of the original plans for Epcot center but didn’t find a sponsor until the mid-1980’s. The Wonders of Life housed Epcot’s first thrill attraction with Body Wars. We detail this and other attractions that were part of this pavilion over the years. We also discuss the current state of the building and speculate as to what the future holds for the Wonders of Life.
On this episode of Traveling with The Mouse Jon and I take a trip down memory lane and discuss some of the things from Walt Disney World that either have changed since we were kids or the rare things that haven’t really changed much over the years. We discuss everything from a promotional sign for Tower of Terror to extinct attractions at Epcot. We also talk about our home resort as kids, The Polynesian and how much it has changed as well as the restaurants that we frequented when we were young. We even cover things that we wished we had known more about back in the day like Beastly Kingdom plans at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. We hope you enjoy this somewhat open discussion/walk down memory lane.
Today’s news topics:
- Disney caught up in theme park lawsuit against 20th century fox
- It’s rumored that Winnie the Pooh may be replaced at Shanghai Disneyland
- Renderings of new tower rooms at Coronado Springs resort
- Estimated ride times on the Disney Skyliner
- Walt Disney World Railroad will close December 3rd
- New Trailer for live action Lion King released
- Ralph breaks the box office this weekend
- Keanu Reeves will be in Toy Story 4
- Rumor, Disney hasn’t ordered new monorails?
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?