Episode 264: Today, Jon and I take a look at all of the future projects that were either underway or in development before the Covid19 pandemic. We discuss whether we think they will continue as is, change significantly, or will be outright cancelled. We give our best guess as to when these projects will be completed and if some of them we even get off the ground. As we all adjust to this new normal we need to prepare for some significant changes coming to at least a few of these projects. Thanksfully some of these project are very near completion and we will hopefully still be getting some new attractions at least for the next few years.
Episode 259: Better late than never! This week we had a delay in our recording schedule because of our recent Disney trip but we have so much news to cover that this is a jumbo episode of Traveling with the Mouse! Disney has a new CEO and Walt Disney world has a very bad week full of ride issues. Spaceship Earth has an official refurbishment date and the Emperor is in fact a clone in Rise of Skywalker. Jason and I went to Disney World this weekend and Jason got to ride Rise of the Resistance for the first…and second time but it wasn’t without drama. We had some really good dining experiences and we survived the crowds and short park hours. This is a big episode…get ready!
Today’s News stories are:
- Hollywood Studios has begun putting out Christmas decorations
- Preview of Toy Story Land Christmas overlay
- First job posting now up for the Disney Skyliner system
- Southbound overpass is now open on World Drive
- Opening date announced for Disney Junior Dance Party
- DVC members received a survey that may have revealed the name of a new resort
- More price increases for Annual passes, theme park parking and magic bands
- Operating hours for Animal Kingdom have been reduced for the rest of 2018
- Epcot construction update, Ratatouille, Guardians, and Mission Space Restaurant
- Spaceship Earth could close for 2 years for massive refurbishment
This episode is all about classic EPCOT attractions. These are the original attractions to the park as well as ones that opened within the park’s first few years. Many of these attractions are no longer open or have been completely changed. We go through each of them and give our picks for top 5 classic EPCOT attractions. Which ones do you think will be in our top 5?