Episode 291: The Hurricane slowed us down a little bit this week but better late than never to discuss the latest Disney News. Today we cover more of the depressing layoffs news within the Disney Parks. This week the majority of the performance cast members have been laid off. There’s still drama out in California but Disney is being creative by using some of California Adventure park as a retail space. Rise of the resistance saw a few new changes roll out this week. More maintenance projects have been announced and some have been delayed yet again. Bob Chapek finally responds to Senator Elizabeth Warren’s letter from a couple of weeks ago. Also, we have some new merchandise! If you believe that the Tom Sawyer Island Rafts are a “Ride” then we have the merch for you! Visit our Spreadshirt store to check it out!
Let’s talk Disney news!
- Maleficent dragon returns to the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom
- Construction updates for Mission Space Restaurant and Guardians coaster
- Annual Passholder suing Disney over scooter incident at Epcot
- It is Rumored the Millennium Falcon attraction will have a single rider line
- Disney movie line-up for 2019
- Some maintenance issues at Disney World have been fixed after internet story
- New details on the ride vehicles for the Disney Skyliner
- Disney Princess breakfast adventures are coming to Napa Rose at the Grand Californian hotel
- New rare character meet & greets at Town Square in the Magic Kingdom
- Worker at Hoop-Dee-Doo diagnosed with Hepatitis A
- New $12k per day VIP tour available at Walt Disney World
Today Jon and I talk about one of the longest running stage shows at Walt Disney World, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review. This is a show that Jon and I have both done multiple times over the years and we have always enjoyed it. This show has been entertaining guests for over 43 years now. We talk about what we love about the show and we give our review of the food as well. We also let you know if we think it is worth it to take young children to this show. Let us know what you think about the Hoop-Dee-Doo!