In this episode, I discuss my recent Walt Disney World trip. This time I stayed at Pop Century resort and I give my opinion on my first stay at this resort. I also had 2 meals at the Japan pavilion at Epcot. Both were very good but all things considered I liked one a little better than the other. I also had a very special experience on Kilimanjaro Safari…We were there the day that a giraffe gave birth. Also, I discovered a nice quiet spot to view the Happily ever after fireworks at Magic Kingdom. This trip was also my first time visiting over a marathon weekend. I have some tips one how to make the most of the time if you are not involved with the marathon.
In today’s episode I discuss my recent trip to New York city and talk about my experiences at Coney Island and the Bronx Zoo. I compare the two experiences to Disney and compare the similarities. For instance, Disney’s boardwalk is inspired by Coney Island and I believe that Animal Kingdom also took some inspiration from the Bronx Zoo as well. If you find yourself in the New York area I highly recommend the Bronx Zoo!
This week’s news topics include:
- Disney Considers having John Lasseter return
- Toy Story Magic Bands released
- It is rumored that Disney Cruise Line is looking to buy a second private Island
- Toy Story Midway Mania is back at full capacity at Hollywood Studios
- Main Street theater project is on indefinite hold and no long in future plans
- New details on the space themed restaurant at EPCOT
- Update on Disney Skyliner construction
- Solo: A Star Wars story has a fairly low score among critics
- Galaxy’s Edge opening time frame announced for Disney Land and Disney World
- 2017 Them Park Attendance numbers have been released.
In today’s episode we discuss the many different types of weather that you will encounter during a Walt Disney World Vacation. We go through some of our weather related stories from our past experiences. We’ve dealt with fast developing thunderstorms, heavy rain, hot weather, cold weather, tropical storms, and even a tornado warning. We also give some of our tips one where to go or what do if you run into unexpected bad weather in each of the 4 theme parks…
We are changing up the order of the shows this week because of a special day this Friday (May the 4th…aka Star Wars day) So we are doing our Part 1 walk-through of Animal Kingdom Park today and Friday will be a Star Wars themed Episode. In Part 1 of our Animal kingdom episode we give our impressions of the park from when we first visited back in 1999. Then we walk-through the Oasis, Discovery Island and Dinoland USA. We discuss the rides, attractions, dinning and character meets along the way.
Today’s news stories include:
- Disney may build on the old River Country site
- Tron coaster construction is now visible from inside the Magic Kingdom
- Dates confirmed for 2018 Food & Wine Festival
- Citrus swirl at Magic Kingdom has been replaced
- Animal Kingdom Cast members will receive new uniforms
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean will go down for rehab in late April
- New menu items for Magic Kingdom quick service restaurants
We finish out the year having a discussion about the Fast Pass Plus system at Walt Disney World. We give our overall thoughts about it and go through each park and talk about which selections we would make when the most sought after Fast Passes are not available.
Today we narrow down the top 10 attractions at Walt Disney World that are not at Disneyland. We took rides from all four Disney World parks and narrowed them down to our top 10. We found it very difficult to pick a number 1 attraction from this list. We could have easily made a case for all 10 of them! What is your favorite attraction at WDW that is not at DL? Let us know.