Episode 248: This episode is all about Star Wars! As we prepare for the release of Rise of Skywalker in theaters we take a look back at all of the Star wars films. We pick our best and worst moments, best and worst lines, and We each rank them in order. We also discuss some of the latest news surrounding Rise of the Resistance and how there are now backup boarding groups. During the episode we discover that I can do a pretty good Sebulba impression. Who Knew? We also rank our favorite light saber battles. There’s also a lightning round where we answer questions like what is our favorite light saber color? Rise of Skywalker is in theaters this Friday. When are you going to go see it?
Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Episode 228: Today we discuss everything from loaded Blue and Green milk at Hollywood Studios to our recap of the Give Kids the Rides event on July 24th! We also give some construction updates at Walt Disney World. Primeval Whirl continues to have delays on its re-open…And there was another Parkeology completion this past week. All this and more!
Episode 218: Today we are recapping our recent Parkeology run from June 1st! For anyone not familiar with this challenge, we attempted to ride every ride in all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks in 1 day. We attempted the challenge for the first time back in March and came up short. On our second attempt we had 2 additional rides to complete but we also had 2 more hours in the day. This day produced a lot of fun and a lot of drama…Our run literally came down to the last minute!
Episode 207: It’s that time again! We discuss the Disney news from the past week.
Here are the topics:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary details
- It is confirmed that No nighttime parade will be part of WDW 50th Aniniversary
- New details on the Villains after hours event coming to Magic Kingdom
- Possible Major spoiler for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway delayed until spring 2020
Additional News Stories
- This week we saw Skyliner evacuation testing
- Disneyland Cast members wont be able to visit Galaxy’s Edge until August
- Tomorrowland Speedway’s modification nears completion
- Major construction is going on at the entrance of 3 of the Disney theme parks
- Some Disney titles will be modified or not included in Disney Plus
Episode 206: Today we answer the age old question…How do I decide which Walt Disney World theme park to visit for each day of my vacation? We talk about the factors that go into making that decision. We try to break down those factors in a simple way to help make the choice a lot easier. We know that there are a lot of complexity to planning a Walt Disney World vacation but if you take some time to do a little research then you can save time and money but more importantly add more fun to your vacation!
Episode 198 – Today we are covering the past 50 years of Walt Disney World history starting with 1969 and the skipping to the next decade sort of in a carousel of progress type of way. We are only focusing on the major events of the year ending in 9 for that decade. From 1969 we jump to 1979 and then 1989, 1999, 2009 and finally recapping the current year 2019. It is remarkable to see the major changes that take place in each decade. This is a fun way to look at Walt Disney World History.
Today’s episode is about the Parkeology Challenge. This challenge involves riding every ride at all four Walt Disney World Parks in one day. There are a lot of rules and regulations around this challenge in order for it to be considered official. There are currently 49 attractions that are considered rides at Walt Disney World. I go into the list and explain constitutes a “ride” in the challenge. We wrap up by going through some of the strategies that can be used to take on this challenge. I will be taking part in this challenge on March 9, 2019. Make sure to follow @TWTMPodcast on twitter to follow along with us! www.parkeology.com
Today on the news episode of Traveling with the Mouse we discuss the following stories…
- Latest Construction update on Tron Coaster
- Disney Purchases even more land in Osceola County near Celebration
- Disney Skyliner construction update
- Cosmic Rays main dining area and Sonny Eclipse are under refurbishment
- New DVC Kiosk at Hollywood Studios is near completion at Grand Avenue
- Walls removed around future exit for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Construction worker files lawsuit against Disney for injury at Animal Kingdom
- New credit card policy at Disney resorts will go into effect February 27th.
- Halloween Party tickets are now available to purchase
- H2O Glow Night tickets at Typhoon Lagoon available now to purchase as well
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
- Guests at Caribbean Beach resort are getting a complimentary Skyliner Pin
- Reopening date set for Tomorrowland Speedway in 2019
- Mystery structure being built in front of Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios
- Is the expanded early morning magic at Magic Kingdom worth the price?
- Animal Kingdom just had it’s first After Hours event
- Cirque du soleil gives a small hint into the new Disney Springs show
- Satu’li Canteen has seen some recent menu changes
- Path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain closed for Tron Construction
- Walt Disney World Railroad Limited Edition Magic Band now available
- Disneyland Paris adding Solar energy and name change for Disney Studios Park?
- Friendship Boat service to Epcot still available but on a limited schedule this month
- Phantom Manor refurbishment at Disneyland Paris delayed yet again
Today we are thankful that you have joined us for this Thanksgiving day news episode of Traveling With The Mouse! We discuss the latest news that came out of the Destination D (D23) event that happened over this past weekend at Walt Disney World. We got updated information on the new attractions at Star Wars Galaxy’s edge, The Ratatouille attraction, and new concept art for upcoming attractions.
Today’s news topics:
- Christmas is in full swing at Disney Parks
- New air body dryers at grizzly River Run feature Humphrey the Bear From Classic Disney Cartoons
- Tom Hanks Says Emotional Toy Story 4 Ending Will Be ‘A Moment In History’
- Your Google Home Mini Can Be Turned Into A Google Home Mickey
- Disney Releases five new magic band colors
- Woman leaves newborn baby with another guest at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Construction to begin soon on the new hotel tower near Swan & Dolphin
- Disney After Hours events now offered at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Full line-ups for the candle light processional
- Schedule for the ABC Christmas specials has been released
- Construction walls have come down in front of the Chinese theater at Hollywood Studios
Here are the news topics discussed today…
- Additional cast members have been stationed at resorts in order to better collect parking fees
- The main entrance to Hollywood Studios is moving to Osceola Parkway
- Johnny Depp will no longer be part of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
- New Pins/Merchandise release for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Star Wars Path of the Jedi is now on seasonal status at Hollywood Studios
- Minnie Van services now offered to Port Canaveral
- Tony’s Town Square has an expensive add-on for the Christmas Party
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is coming to Disneyland?
Today’s News stories are:
- Hollywood Studios has begun putting out Christmas decorations
- Preview of Toy Story Land Christmas overlay
- First job posting now up for the Disney Skyliner system
- Southbound overpass is now open on World Drive
- Opening date announced for Disney Junior Dance Party
- DVC members received a survey that may have revealed the name of a new resort
- More price increases for Annual passes, theme park parking and magic bands
- Operating hours for Animal Kingdom have been reduced for the rest of 2018
- Epcot construction update, Ratatouille, Guardians, and Mission Space Restaurant
- Spaceship Earth could close for 2 years for massive refurbishment
On Today’s episode we continue our tour of the Walt Disney World resort hotels with Disney’s Yacht club resort. We discuss the rooms, restaurants, pool and other resort amenities. Jon and I have both stayed at the Yacht club and we talk about our experiences there and how we feel about the resort when compared to the other Epcot area resorts. The rooms have recently been renovated and have a lot more storage. This resort ranks very high on both of our lists and it is definitely worth a visit!
Today’s news topics are:
- Walt Disney World Raises Snack Item Prices
- the Former Disney Junior Live is will soon be the Disney Junior Dance Party at Hollywood Studios
- PizzeRizzo is going to seasonal operation
- Sebastian’s Bistro is now taking reservations at Caribbean Beach Resort
- Stitch’s Great Escape officially closed for good
- Earl of Sandwich re-opens and Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- New Southbound Flyover ramp on World Drive will open soon
- Jake meet and greet is ending at Hollywood Studios
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will not be closed forever but will re-open in 2019
- New Details Released for the Millennium Falcon Ride..Will it have low capacity?
- First look at newly remodeled rooms at All Star Movies resort
Today’s News Topics!
- Will the Disney Skyliner not have air conditioning?
- 2 Disney Golf courses have added a Mickey shaped bunker
- Several Longtime “citizen’s of Hollywood” are being let go at Hollywood Studios
- The Star Wars stage show at Hollywood Studios will be closed for 5 weeks
- Complimentary zip-lock bags for your electronics coming soon to splash mountain
- Price change for Minnie Vans Confirmed
- Is a Marry Poppins spinner ride coming to Epcot?
- Move it, Shake it, Dance it, Play it street party is ending at Magic Kingdom
- Hong Kong Disneyland re-opened after being closed for a Typhoon
- Illuminations will be replaced at Epcot next summer
Video Link: Disneyland 1956
Today’s News topics include:
- Guardians roller coaster show building will not be themed at EPCOT
- Avengers Infinity War release date on Blu-ray and digital + life-hacks with Jon
- Passholder playtime event for Toy Storyland sold out in 3 hours
- Disney After hours event received a lot of media attention
- Update on the cause of death for a Disney World castmember
- Padme visits the planet Batuu (galaxy’s edge) in a new Star Wars novel
- Interesting suggestion to replace Stich’s Great Escape with Incredibles show
- Major power outage at Hollywood Studios
- Best Western Disney Springs is expanding
- New three caballeros merchandise at Mexico pavilion…No more Coco redesign?
Then we do some news stories at a harefooted pace that include:
Frozen 2 casting announcement, Winnie the Pooh, Figment, Tower of Terror, new Cast member parking lot Pizzafari, Wreck it Ralph, Dessert parties, giant hot dogs and Disneyland’s 63rd birthday!
In this episode…I walk through my recent trip to Walt Disney World. The primary purpose of the trip was to visit Toy Story land. I talk more in depth on Toy Story land in Episode 127 but this episode focuses on the entire trip. I talk about our stay at the Yacht club and all of the activities that we experienced at the resort. I also go over the meals that I had this time which includes another trip to California grill at the Contemporary! (My favorite place to eat on property right now) I also give some construction updates and a few tips on Fast Passes and Photo Pass.