Episode 353: This week Adam recently return from an Easter trip to Walt Disney World! This episode is all about the much needed getaway. I stayed at Gran Destino but I spent quite a bit of time at the Polynesian. I talk about the significance of that resort and why it means so much to me. It was nice to be back and reflect on good times that I’ve had there over the years. I also have more in Genie Plus. I go through the frustrations but also a glimmer of hope for the future. My family enjoyed the Flower and Garden festival and the easter egg hunt at Epcot. I got lucky with a table at La Cava! I also discovered a new lounge that will become a new regular at Hollywood Studios!
Baseline Tap House
If you’ve been to Disney’s Hollywood studios lately then you know the importance of getting there when the park opens. If you want to ride Slinky Dog Dash without an hour wait, then you need to be on the first bus or Skyliner gondola over to the park. However, what I am talking about is not a ride or an attraction. The second most important “rope drop” at Hollywood Studios happens at 10:30am. That is when Baseline Tap House opens for business each day. It has become a regular part of our Hollywood Studios routine! We feel that making this “rope drop” is just as important as securing that Rise of the Resistance boarding group or making it to the park in time to get onto Slinky Dog with a short wait.
Our Hollywood Studios Strategy…
Here’s how the last several trips to Hollywood Studios has gone for us. We get up before 7am so that we can grab that Rise of the Resistance boarding group. We get to the park at or around the time it opens and we head to Slinky Dog Dash. Sometimes we may choose to go to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway instead. After the initial ride, we may hit up Toy Story Mania or Smuggler’s Run. By the time we are done with those it is usually around 10:15am which means it is time to hightail it over to Baseline Tap House to be one of the first in line when it opens!
We regularly get the charcuterie plate, ($10.00) Bavarian pretzel, ($9.00) and the Beef Puff ($11.00). As far as the drinks go, Jason and I prefer the beers on tap while our wives tend to prefer the cocktails. I usually go the for North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner ($10.50 for the 22oz) My wife prefers the California Sunset cocktail ($14.00). Yes, I know it is 10:30 in the morning but we are on vacation! Besides, what better way to Prepare yourself for joining the resistance than by settling the nerves with a little refreshment from Baseline Tap House? You can hear more about Baseline Tap House from our recent trip report episode here!
Timing that boarding group…
I believe the sweet spot for a Rise of the Resistance boarding group is between groups thirty and forty. What that typically means is that your boarding group should be called somewhere between 10:30 and 11:30 am. This gives you plenty of time for a mid-morning drink and bite to eat at Baseline before joining the Resistance! Throughout the day this place gets and stays pretty busy so finding a table can be tricky. It is also important to find a spot in the shade. Next time you find yourself at Hollywood Studios, stop by Baseline Tap House for a nice refreshment…Tell them Traveling with the Mouse sent you!
Episode 282: Today we have a super sized episode for you! We start by discussing the latest Disney news. Josh D’amaro made headlines during an interview where he said that the recent technological advancements that have been implemented in the parks are “here to stay” many believed that to mean that the parks reservation system is not going away. We listen to that part of the interview and our interpretation is very different than the click bait headlines. We also discuss the NBA walkout, the guest that was arrested for assaulting a security cast member over the mask policy, and the potential for Disney to increase park capacity.
We move on to discussing what we think are the best attractions to be housed in a particular show building. For example, the building that is the current home for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin was also home to other attractions in the past. We decide which attraction, past or current is the best one for each location in the parks. We go through Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. Animal Kingdom has only had one that we could think of so we left it out.
Finally, we talk about the recent Every Ride, tag team challenge that was completed this week. The four masketeers completed the challenge and we dissect their run to see just how this unique challenge was done and how the rules work.
Episode:279. Today, we reveal that one of us has tested positive for Corona-virus. We also discuss the latest Disney News. The movie release of Mulan is coming to Disney+ for an additional fee. The Disney 3rd quarter earnings call happened this week and there’s some good and bad things that came out of it. Annual Passholders are continuing to see some extra love and attention these days with extended discounts and of course a new magnet! (one per household). The average wait times for 3 of the 4 Walt Disney world parks has gone up week by week since re-opening but one park has seen wait times go down. Could you guess which one? Splash mountain had a boat sink as well this week and had to close for a couple of days. Isn’t that the attraction to have a boat sink this year?
Episode 276: Today Jon and I talk about the re-opening of all 4 Walt Disney World Parks. Disneyland Paris is also now officially open. However, Hong Kong Disneyland is closing once again. We discuss some of the new procedures that are happening at Epcot and Hollywood Studios and what rides feel safer than other. There’s a lot of new discounts coming out for annual passholders for resorts and merchandise. Disney is also giving passholders more information on extending their pass or cancelling and refunding passes. We have new activity going on with the Star Wars galactic star cruiser and more construction updates. We also preview my trip that I will discuss next week.
Episode 248: This episode is all about Star Wars! As we prepare for the release of Rise of Skywalker in theaters we take a look back at all of the Star wars films. We pick our best and worst moments, best and worst lines, and We each rank them in order. We also discuss some of the latest news surrounding Rise of the Resistance and how there are now backup boarding groups. During the episode we discover that I can do a pretty good Sebulba impression. Who Knew? We also rank our favorite light saber battles. There’s also a lightning round where we answer questions like what is our favorite light saber color? Rise of Skywalker is in theaters this Friday. When are you going to go see it?
Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Episode 228: Today we discuss everything from loaded Blue and Green milk at Hollywood Studios to our recap of the Give Kids the Rides event on July 24th! We also give some construction updates at Walt Disney World. Primeval Whirl continues to have delays on its re-open…And there was another Parkeology completion this past week. All this and more!
Episode 218: Today we are recapping our recent Parkeology run from June 1st! For anyone not familiar with this challenge, we attempted to ride every ride in all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks in 1 day. We attempted the challenge for the first time back in March and came up short. On our second attempt we had 2 additional rides to complete but we also had 2 more hours in the day. This day produced a lot of fun and a lot of drama…Our run literally came down to the last minute!
Episode 207: It’s that time again! We discuss the Disney news from the past week.
Here are the topics:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary details
- It is confirmed that No nighttime parade will be part of WDW 50th Aniniversary
- New details on the Villains after hours event coming to Magic Kingdom
- Possible Major spoiler for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway delayed until spring 2020
Additional News Stories
- This week we saw Skyliner evacuation testing
- Disneyland Cast members wont be able to visit Galaxy’s Edge until August
- Tomorrowland Speedway’s modification nears completion
- Major construction is going on at the entrance of 3 of the Disney theme parks
- Some Disney titles will be modified or not included in Disney Plus
Episode 206: Today we answer the age old question…How do I decide which Walt Disney World theme park to visit for each day of my vacation? We talk about the factors that go into making that decision. We try to break down those factors in a simple way to help make the choice a lot easier. We know that there are a lot of complexity to planning a Walt Disney World vacation but if you take some time to do a little research then you can save time and money but more importantly add more fun to your vacation!
Episode 198 – Today we are covering the past 50 years of Walt Disney World history starting with 1969 and the skipping to the next decade sort of in a carousel of progress type of way. We are only focusing on the major events of the year ending in 9 for that decade. From 1969 we jump to 1979 and then 1989, 1999, 2009 and finally recapping the current year 2019. It is remarkable to see the major changes that take place in each decade. This is a fun way to look at Walt Disney World History.
Today’s episode is about the Parkeology Challenge. This challenge involves riding every ride at all four Walt Disney World Parks in one day. There are a lot of rules and regulations around this challenge in order for it to be considered official. There are currently 49 attractions that are considered rides at Walt Disney World. I go into the list and explain constitutes a “ride” in the challenge. We wrap up by going through some of the strategies that can be used to take on this challenge. I will be taking part in this challenge on March 9, 2019. Make sure to follow @TWTMPodcast on twitter to follow along with us! www.parkeology.com
Today on the news episode of Traveling with the Mouse we discuss the following stories…
- Latest Construction update on Tron Coaster
- Disney Purchases even more land in Osceola County near Celebration
- Disney Skyliner construction update
- Cosmic Rays main dining area and Sonny Eclipse are under refurbishment
- New DVC Kiosk at Hollywood Studios is near completion at Grand Avenue
- Walls removed around future exit for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Construction worker files lawsuit against Disney for injury at Animal Kingdom
- New credit card policy at Disney resorts will go into effect February 27th.
- Halloween Party tickets are now available to purchase
- H2O Glow Night tickets at Typhoon Lagoon available now to purchase as well
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
- Guests at Caribbean Beach resort are getting a complimentary Skyliner Pin
- Reopening date set for Tomorrowland Speedway in 2019
- Mystery structure being built in front of Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios
- Is the expanded early morning magic at Magic Kingdom worth the price?
- Animal Kingdom just had it’s first After Hours event
- Cirque du soleil gives a small hint into the new Disney Springs show
- Satu’li Canteen has seen some recent menu changes
- Path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain closed for Tron Construction
- Walt Disney World Railroad Limited Edition Magic Band now available
- Disneyland Paris adding Solar energy and name change for Disney Studios Park?
- Friendship Boat service to Epcot still available but on a limited schedule this month
- Phantom Manor refurbishment at Disneyland Paris delayed yet again
Today we are thankful that you have joined us for this Thanksgiving day news episode of Traveling With The Mouse! We discuss the latest news that came out of the Destination D (D23) event that happened over this past weekend at Walt Disney World. We got updated information on the new attractions at Star Wars Galaxy’s edge, The Ratatouille attraction, and new concept art for upcoming attractions.
Today’s news topics:
- Christmas is in full swing at Disney Parks
- New air body dryers at grizzly River Run feature Humphrey the Bear From Classic Disney Cartoons
- Tom Hanks Says Emotional Toy Story 4 Ending Will Be ‘A Moment In History’
- Your Google Home Mini Can Be Turned Into A Google Home Mickey
- Disney Releases five new magic band colors
- Woman leaves newborn baby with another guest at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Construction to begin soon on the new hotel tower near Swan & Dolphin
- Disney After Hours events now offered at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Full line-ups for the candle light processional
- Schedule for the ABC Christmas specials has been released
- Construction walls have come down in front of the Chinese theater at Hollywood Studios
Here are the news topics discussed today…
- Additional cast members have been stationed at resorts in order to better collect parking fees
- The main entrance to Hollywood Studios is moving to Osceola Parkway
- Johnny Depp will no longer be part of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
- New Pins/Merchandise release for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Star Wars Path of the Jedi is now on seasonal status at Hollywood Studios
- Minnie Van services now offered to Port Canaveral
- Tony’s Town Square has an expensive add-on for the Christmas Party
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is coming to Disneyland?
Today’s News stories are:
- Hollywood Studios has begun putting out Christmas decorations
- Preview of Toy Story Land Christmas overlay
- First job posting now up for the Disney Skyliner system
- Southbound overpass is now open on World Drive
- Opening date announced for Disney Junior Dance Party
- DVC members received a survey that may have revealed the name of a new resort
- More price increases for Annual passes, theme park parking and magic bands
- Operating hours for Animal Kingdom have been reduced for the rest of 2018
- Epcot construction update, Ratatouille, Guardians, and Mission Space Restaurant
- Spaceship Earth could close for 2 years for massive refurbishment