Episode 398: This week we have a special guest and our first repeat guest to the show, Nathan Firesheets. You have probably heard by now that he just completed the Disney global ride challenge where he completed every operating ride at all 12 Disney parks across the globe in 12 days. The challenge itself is no small undertaking. Disney currently operates 12 parks across the globe, each with its own unique attractions and experiences. Nathan had to not only ride every operating ride at each park, but also navigate the logistics of travel between them. During the interview, Nathan shared some of the highlights of his journey. He talks about why he decided early on which route he was going to take and why this only recently became possible again. Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of the Disney Global Ride Challenge is the sheer variety of experiences that Nathan had. Each park has its own unique flavor, and we asked Nathan what his favorite ride is at each Disney park in the world. If you’re interested in hearing about Nathan’s Disney Global Ride Challenge from the challenge running perspective be sure to listen to our supersize episode of Traveling with the Mouse. We dive deep into the details of his journey, and who knows? Maybe you’ll be inspired to take on a challenge of your own, whether it’s riding every ride at a single park or exploring all 12 Disney parks across the globe.
Episode: 397. Welcome back to another exciting episode of Traveling with the Mouse podcast! In this episode, we bring you the latest news from the world of Disney, and a trip report from Disneyland Paris. Our co-host, Jason, recently returned from a trip to Paris, and he has some fascinating insights to share about his experience at Disneyland Paris. From the rides and attractions to the food and atmosphere, Jason gives us a comprehensive overview of his time spent at the park.
In other news, we are thrilled to see that Happily Ever After is mostly unchanged. We cannot wait to see it once again light up the skies with its dazzling display of fireworks and music. We also have exciting news about new meet and greets that will be coming to the parks this year. In addition, we discuss the updated concept for Epcot, which is a bit underwhelming when compared to the audacious concept art from before the pandemic. This week we got a sneak peek of what the inside of Woody’s Roundup Rodeo BBQ looks like. It is more elaborate than we were expecting.
Episode 396: Welcome back to Traveling with the Mouse, your one-stop-shop for all things Disney! On today’s episode, we’ve got an exciting lineup of topics to discuss, including the highly anticipated annual passholder preview of Tron Lightcycle Run and Jason’s upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris.
Let’s start with the big news, shall we? The annual passholder preview of Tron Lightcycle Run at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World has been generating a lot of buzz lately, and for good reason. The ride, which is set to open to the public in the coming weeks, promises to be an exhilarating experience unlike anything else in the park.
Now, let’s talk about Jason’s upcoming trip to Paris. Jason is visiting Paris this week and he is going to spend a day at Disneyland Paris. He purchased the premiere pass to skip the lines at the most popular attractions. Jason walks us through his plans for the day as he wants to get in as much as he can at both parks in one day. We can’t wait to hear all about it when he gets back.
Episode 391: Today we discuss among other things, what are our favorite bathrooms at Walt Disney World. When you have kids like we do, it is vital to know where all of the good bathrooms are. We talk the latest Disney news as well. Cast member previews for Tron are in full swing. The back story for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure has been revealed. There is also a rumor going around the Pacos Bill’s could be getting a re-theme soon. Jason also previews his upcoming day trip to Disneyland Paris. He gives us the details on their premiere experience to skip the lines at the top attractions.
Episode 320: We are back from our summer travels! We discuss the latest Disney news and rumors. This might sound like a bit of a downer episode because a lot of the news and rumors are frustrating to us. We spend time taking out our frustrations on Bob Chapek. However, I do have two Disney trips coming up soon so we are not slowing down our Disney travels! In some positive news, Fireworks are back! Ohana is now open and Christmas offerings have been announced. Other things that are returning include the Disney Dinning Plan and there was a Parkeology completion at Disneyland. The rumor that has us on edge is the rumor that the Disney Premier access that Disneyland Paris unveiled recently could be coming to Walt Disney World. This would replace the old Fast Pass Plus system. We hope this won’t happen at WDW because in Paris it will cost between 8-15 euros per-person per-ride. Time will tell so let’s stay positive!
Episode 276: Today Jon and I talk about the re-opening of all 4 Walt Disney World Parks. Disneyland Paris is also now officially open. However, Hong Kong Disneyland is closing once again. We discuss some of the new procedures that are happening at Epcot and Hollywood Studios and what rides feel safer than other. There’s a lot of new discounts coming out for annual passholders for resorts and merchandise. Disney is also giving passholders more information on extending their pass or cancelling and refunding passes. We have new activity going on with the Star Wars galactic star cruiser and more construction updates. We also preview my trip that I will discuss next week.
Episode 236: In this episode we catch up on the news of the past couple of weeks. We focus on some of the recent news like the opening of the Skyliner and the final showing of Illuminations. We also go more in depth on a couple of stories from D23 now that the dust has settled on them. We give our thoughts on the Disney Genie app that will be coming next year and we dig a little further into the Star Wars hotel/Space cruise ship.
Episode 201: Disney news for April 4, 2019
- New photopass photo added to the Haunted Mansion
- There will be no standby access to Galaxy’s Edge through June 23rd
- 3 Disney Springs restaurants were involved in a credit card data breach
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel is now open at California Adventure
- Dumbo debuts at number 1 but below box office expectations
- Disney adds a Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom over the summer
- Philharmagic is coming to California Adventure
- Woody’s Roundup BBQ Dining Experience Coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disneyland Paris experienced a litter protest this week
- Typhoon Lagoon will have its first VIPassholder event
- Archive recording of Don Rickles will be used for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is now open at Hollywood Studios
Episode 199: Disney News
Here are the topics that we discussed
- Disney Cruise Line finalizes the purchase of second private island
- Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian is closing for an expansion
- Disneyland Paris reports a profit for the first time in nearly a decade
- False alarm causes minor panic at Disneyland Paris
- NBA Experience set to open August 12th at Disney Springs
- Casey Jr Splash & Soak station and Kali River Rapids have re-opened from refurbishment
- Two separate lawsuits filed against Disney for incidents on the People Mover
- Will Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway open before Galaxy’s Edge
- Disney has pulled resort discounts from Summer/Fall
Today’s news topics Are:
- New “I’m going to Disney World” T-shirts are available
- Tom Brady and Julian Edelman visit Walt Disney World after Super Bowl win
- Rumor, is Disneyland Paris getting a Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
- Rock N’ Roller coaster’s Fast Pass Entrance is moving
- Guest exits coaster train during the ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland
- Tron Coaster construction update
- Disney World brings back the VIPassholder events for Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Guest Experience teams are continuing through Spring 2019 at Magic Kingdom
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop will close for lengthy refurbishment in August
- New Trailer for Toy Story 4 released right after the Super Bowl
- Disney testing out smart speakers in hotel rooms at Yacht & Beach Club
- Rumored opening date for Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris
- Disney testing new acrobatic robot technology
- Return of the Jedi speeder bike photo opp is currently behind a wall…Maybe gone?
- Disney is closing a loophole in the Fast Pass Plus system…More Fast Passes now available
- Guests at Caribbean Beach resort are getting a complimentary Skyliner Pin
- Reopening date set for Tomorrowland Speedway in 2019
- Mystery structure being built in front of Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios
- Is the expanded early morning magic at Magic Kingdom worth the price?
- Animal Kingdom just had it’s first After Hours event
- Cirque du soleil gives a small hint into the new Disney Springs show
- Satu’li Canteen has seen some recent menu changes
- Path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain closed for Tron Construction
- Walt Disney World Railroad Limited Edition Magic Band now available
- Disneyland Paris adding Solar energy and name change for Disney Studios Park?
- Friendship Boat service to Epcot still available but on a limited schedule this month
- Phantom Manor refurbishment at Disneyland Paris delayed yet again
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?
In honor of Halloween this week, we are discussing the scariest attractions at the Disney Parks. We start by going through the scariest attractions that are still currently in operation. These attractions are not limited to Walt Disney World but also include Disneyland in California, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris all made the list of scary attractions. After we discuss current attractions we go through the attractions that are not longer in operation but definitely deserved a spot on this list! Can you guess what we picked as the scariest attraction of all time? Hint, It is not a current attraction.
In this episode, I conclude my Paris trip report and discuss the different popular sites that I visited in Paris. I give some advice on how to avoid the opportunists that frequent popular tourist areas. I also answer some of the most common questions that I was asked about the trip. Then I talk about my final day at Disneyland Paris! I got to experience their back-lot tour one last time because it will be going away soon and I didn’t give the one at Hollywood studios in Florida a proper goodbye when it closed in 2014. I rode the Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris which is very different from the ones that we know in the U.S. Parks. We ended our trip with a character meal at Cafe Mickey and I have to say it was one of, if not the best character meal I have ever done! The character interaction was phenomenal and we made a lot of great memories. I end the episode by answering the question…Would I go back?
Today I start my day by day walk-through of my recent trip to Paris, which included 3 days at Disneyland Paris. I discuss how we booked our trip and the price of Disneyland Paris compared to the U.S. Disney parks. I talk about what it’s like to commute to Disneyland Paris by train and how the train system in Paris is pretty easy to figure out. I also talk about some of the frustrations that I had with Disneyland Paris…mainly the app. I had the most expensive lunch ever at Walt’s on Main Street but the experience made it acceptable and I give my thoughts on the Ratatouille attraction that will be coming to Epcot soon! I have a lot more to discuss in Part 2 next week so don’t miss it!
Today we continue our series where we go through the different lands of the Disney parks and discuss the attractions and dinning options that are available. We begin our walk through world showcase at Epcot by starting with the Mexico side. We discuss the attractions, restaurants, and shops in the Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, and Italy pavilions. Let us know what your favorite things are about these pavilions.
Today Jon and I go through each of the International Disney Parks and talk about the attractions that we would most like to experience from those parks. We start with Disneyland Paris and go through both of the parks there as we decide which attractions that we would most like to experience. Next we talk about Shanghai Disneyland, the newest Disney Park. We then go through the attractions at Hong Kong Disneyland before finishing up with Tokyo Disneyland. At the end of the episode we decide which order we would most like to visit these international Disney Parks.
Today’s news episode includes the following topics:
- Coco wins big at the Oscars
- The first teaser for Mary Poppins Returns is released
- Disneyland Paris is getting a major expansion
- McDonald’s and Disney are teaming up for new Happy Meal toys
- Is illuminations going to be replaced soon?
- Mickey’s 90th birthday celebrations announced
- Disney After Hours events for February and March sold out