Happy Valentine’s day everyone! In honor of this special occasion we are giving you our list of most romantic things that you can do at Walt Disney World. We go through each of the four parks at Walt Disney World and give you our most romantic attractions and reasons why we picked them. We of course go into our picks for most romantic Disney World Restaurants. There’s a lot to choose from but we pick the ones that offer the most romantic atmosphere, food, and experiences. Finally we give our picks for the most romantic experiences that you can have at Walt Disney World with your significant other. Let us know if you think we missed something on our list!
Today on the show we list the pros and cons of the Disney Moderate and Value Resorts! We hope that this episode (and last week’s episode) will be helpful if you are trying to decide which Disney resort is right for you. (Also, We realized that we left out Animal Kingdom Lodge from the last episode so we include it as well. As we found out with the deluxe resorts there are conveniences that come along with them but with a hefty price tag. The Moderate and Value resorts have a much more reasonable price tag but with that you are giving up some of those deluxe conveniences. We hope that this series of episodes will help you weigh the pros and cons of the Disney resorts to find the one that is just right for you!
Today’s news topics Are:
- New “I’m going to Disney World” T-shirts are available
- Tom Brady and Julian Edelman visit Walt Disney World after Super Bowl win
- Rumor, is Disneyland Paris getting a Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
- Rock N’ Roller coaster’s Fast Pass Entrance is moving
- Guest exits coaster train during the ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland
- Tron Coaster construction update
- Disney World brings back the VIPassholder events for Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Guest Experience teams are continuing through Spring 2019 at Magic Kingdom
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop will close for lengthy refurbishment in August
- New Trailer for Toy Story 4 released right after the Super Bowl
- Disney testing out smart speakers in hotel rooms at Yatch & Beach Club
- Rumored opening date for Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris
- Disney testing new acrobatic robot technology
- Return of the Jedi speeder bike photo opp is currently behind a wall…Maybe gone?
- Disney is closing a loophole in the Fast Pass Plus system…More Fast Passes now available
Today on the show we continue going through the unofficial guide to Walt Disney world to discuss more tips, tricks, and helpful information. We start by discussing online check-in and how Disney uses the Magic band’s RF technology. We go through the 2018 Disney resorts report cards to see which resorts had the best overall ratings for things like, check-in efficiency, cleanliness, Transportation, staff, and quietness of the rooms. We list the pros and cons of every Disney Deluxe resort. We hope that this information about the resorts will be helpful If you are planning a Disney vacation and are trying to decide which resort is the best for your needs. Next week we will go through the pros and cons of the Disney Moderate and Value resorts.
Let’s talk Disney news!
- Maleficent dragon returns to the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom
- Construction updates for Mission Space Restaurant and Guardians coaster
- Annual Passholder suing Disney over scooter incident at Epcot
- It is Rumored the Millennium Falcon attraction will have a single rider line
- Disney movie line-up for 2019
- Some maintenance issues at Disney World have been fixed after internet story
- New details on the ride vehicles for the Disney Skyliner
- Disney Princess breakfast adventures are coming to Napa Rose at the Grand Californian hotel
- New rare character meet & greets at Town Square in the Magic Kingdom
- Worker at Hoop-Dee-Doo diagnosed with Hepatitis A
- New $12k per day VIP tour available at Walt Disney World
In today’s episode we continue going through the 2019 unofficial guide to Walt Disney World and give some more insight into the resorts and theme parks. This guide is really helpful when selecting a resort and room location because of the extensive survey data that touring plans collects. We go through several of those survey results, I think you will find them quite interesting. We may continue with a part 3 soon as we really enjoy discuss this topic. Let us know what you think!
In this episode, I discuss my recent Walt Disney World trip. This time I stayed at Pop Century resort and I give my opinion on my first stay at this resort. I also had 2 meals at the Japan pavilion at Epcot. Both were very good but all things considered I liked one a little better than the other. I also had a very special experience on Kilimanjaro Safari…We were there the day that a giraffe gave birth. Also, I discovered a nice quiet spot to view the Happily ever after fireworks at Magic Kingdom. This trip was also my first time visiting over a marathon weekend. I have some tips one how to make the most of the time if you are not involved with the marathon.
Today on the news episode of Traveling with the Mouse we discuss the following stories…
- Latest Construction update on Tron Coaster
- Disney Purchases even more land in Osceola County near Celebration
- Disney Skyliner construction update
- Cosmic Rays main dining area and Sonny Eclipse are under refurbishment
- New DVC Kiosk at Hollywood Studios is near completion at Grand Avenue
- Walls removed around future exit for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Construction worker files lawsuit against Disney for injury at Animal Kingdom
- New credit card policy at Disney resorts will go into effect February 27th.
- Halloween Party tickets are now available to purchase
- H2O Glow Night tickets at Typhoon Lagoon available now to purchase as well
Today we take a look at the 2019 unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and discuss some of the major topics in the book. We start by going over the top guest complaints from recent Disney World vacations and give our thoughts on those. We also discuss things like the weather patterns in Florida to the Rides that have the most likely chance of experiencing downtime during a typical day. We had a lot of fun with this discussion and will definitely have a part 2 coming soon!
There’s a lot of new things coming to Walt Disney World in 2019 and we are going to break down everything for you! Everyone knows that Star Wars Galaxy’s edge is opening this year but that isn’t the only major experience coming to the parks this year. There’s plenty of new things coming that have us excited and a few things that have us scratching our heads. We start with the new things coming in January some are interesting and some are…meh. We talk about the new Rivera resort and new addition to Coronado springs, we discuss the skyliner, and everything coming to the parks and Disney Springs in 2019. We finish by going over some closures and refurbishment updates that we currently know are taking place this year. 2019 could be the biggest year in theme park history!
Before blazing into 2019 with our mickey ears flapping in the wind, we decided that on this last day of 2018 to take a look back over the news stories from the past 364 days that stood out the most to us. We begin the episode with one of the latest news stories that we just had to mention, the apparent theft of the Buzzy animatronic from the wonders of life pavilion at Epcot. After that we discuss the major news events of the year and take a look at the top stories from each month in 2018. The common themes from this year were monorail issues, price increases and a lot of construction. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store in the world of Disney. We will preview the coming year next week. Happy new year everyone!
In this special Christmas episode of Traveling with The Mouse we are discussing our favorite Disney Christmas experiences (past and present). We look back on our first experiences with Christmas at Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland in California. We also discuss the experiences that are no longer available as well as things that we want to do in the future. We cover all of the various Christmas activities that you can enjoy at Walt Disney World including the resorts! Lastly, we talk about what we would do if we spent Christmas Day at Walt Disney World. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
As the end of the year approaches, we thought we would go over a few smaller topics that we considered for an entire episode. For one reason or another we felt like these topics wouldn’t provide enough content for a full episode so we are going to have an open discussion on them in Today’s episode. The first topic is that of Disney lowering ride capacity for certain attractions on days with lower crowds. We get into why Disney would do this and how it is very subtle to most guests but to the keen observer it can be pretty obvious. The next topic (speaking of crowds) is about the busiest season at Walt Disney World and that is Christmas through the New Year. We talk about the crowds and how to best manage them when the park is at or near capacity. Our final topic is about driving to Walt Disney World. Jon and I both live close enough that we can get there in about 7 hours of driving. We talk about the different ways to get to there and a quicker way to pay tolls if you are a Georgia or North Carolina resident. It turns out that we could turn these topics into a full episode and we may do that in the future. Let us know what topics you would like for us to cover!
Today’s episode centers around a largely abandoned pavilion at Epcot known as the Wonders of Life Pavilion. This Pavilion was part of the original plans for Epcot center but didn’t find a sponsor until the mid-1980’s. The Wonders of Life housed Epcot’s first thrill attraction with Body Wars. We detail this and other attractions that were part of this pavilion over the years. We also discuss the current state of the building and speculate as to what the future holds for the Wonders of Life.
- Guests at Caribbean Beach resort are getting a complimentary Skyliner Pin
- Reopening date set for Tomorrowland Speedway in 2019
- Mystery structure being built in front of Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios
- Is the expanded early morning magic at Magic Kingdom worth the price?
- Animal Kingdom just had it’s first After Hours event
- Cirque du soleil gives a small hint into the new Disney Springs show
- Satu’li Canteen has seen some recent menu changes
- Path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain closed for Tron Construction
- Walt Disney World Railroad Limited Edition Magic Band now available
- Disneyland Paris adding Solar energy and name change for Disney Studios Park?
- Friendship Boat service to Epcot still available but on a limited schedule this month
- Phantom Manor refurbishment at Disneyland Paris delayed yet again
On this episode of Traveling with The Mouse Jon and I take a trip down memory lane and discuss some of the things from Walt Disney World that either have changed since we were kids or the rare things that haven’t really changed much over the years. We discuss everything from a promotional sign for Tower of Terror to extinct attractions at Epcot. We also talk about our home resort as kids, The Polynesian and how much it has changed as well as the restaurants that we frequented when we were young. We even cover things that we wished we had known more about back in the day like Beastly Kingdom plans at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. We hope you enjoy this somewhat open discussion/walk down memory lane.
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?
Today we are thankful that you have joined us for this Thanksgiving day news episode of Traveling With The Mouse! We discuss the latest news that came out of the Destination D (D23) event that happened over this past weekend at Walt Disney World. We got updated information on the new attractions at Star Wars Galaxy’s edge, The Ratatouille attraction, and new concept art for upcoming attractions.
This episode details my recent Walt Disney World trip to catch the end of Food & Wine Festival as well as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for this year. This also marks my first stay and a Disney Value resort. I stayed in the Little Mermaid section of Disney’s Art of Animation. Overall I had a good experience but I look forward to checking out other Value resorts that have the newly refurbished rooms! I give my opinion on this year’s Christmas Party and list my favorite treat locations. I also have 2 new restaurant recommendations…I had exceptional meals at Enzo’s Hideaway at Disney Springs and Sebastian’s Bistro at Caribbean Beach resort. I will go out of my way to eat at these locations again!