Today I go over the basics of the Walt Disney World annual Pass! I start by going over the different types of passes and the current rates for those passes. I then talk about the process of activating your pass and how to get your passholder magic bands and magnets. I also, discuss the benefits of being a passholder including, discounts on hotels, merchandise, and dinning. I talk about what I think is the best benefit…the inclusion of memory maker and some of the other smaller benefits that I think are worth mentioning. I hope that this helps you determine if an annual pass is right for you.
Today marks our one year anniversary! Time sure does fly when you are having fun! On this episode we talk about the latest Disney news and rumors.
The topics are:
- New Antman based attraction coming to Hong Kong Disneyland
- Chicken Guy is set to open this month at Disney Springs
- Disney plans to remove all plastic straws by mid-2019
- Is Disney designing a new app to help guests take photos?
- Ziploc is now the official sponsor of Splash Mountain
- Disney announces casting for live action Lady and the Tramp movie
- Fox board approved of Disney acquisition in less than 15 minutes
- Disney is developing a flexible speaker that can be hidden in objects
- Cast announced for Star Wars episode 9
- V.I.Passholder event details announced for Magic Kingdom
- New permits hint at major changes coming to illuminations at EPCOT
- DVC members can enter the park 2 hours earlier for the Halloween Party
- Pet friendly policy has been made permanent at select Walt Disney World resorts
- Production has begun on the new Jungle Cruise film
- New spaceship installed at Galaxy’s Edge
To day we are talking all about Disney Springs! We discuss the past present and future of this area. Originally opened as the Lake Buena Vista shopping village in 1975, This area has seen a lot of changes over the years. Mostly during the late 80’s and of course the recent changes that transformed this area from Downtown Disney into Disney Springs. Jon and I talk about some of our earliest memories here which includes a character meal at the Empress Lilly restaurant (now Paddlefish). Below is the photo from 1983 where Pluto jumped into Jon’s Dad’s arms (can you imagine this happening today?)
There is so much to see and do here that it is worth your time to come to Disney springs at least for a half-day.
Today’s news topics include:
- Bugs Land Closing Date
- Club 33 photo leaked (link)
- (Rumor) a bar could be coming to Mickey and Friends Parking deck Disneyland
- Comcast officially backs out of 21st Century Fox acquisition
- Toy story land dealing with new issues
- James Gunn fired from Guardian’s 3 because of old tweets
- New Magic Band Touch-points at Walt Disney World
- Minnie van expands service to Port Canaveral
- Q2 injury report for Florida Theme Parks
In Episode 130, Jon and I have a discussion on Disney Trip planning…specifically, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. We give our strategies on planning fast passes, dining reservations, and what items that are helpful to bring on a Disney vacation. We give some insight on what we believe are important things to consider when Disney trip planning. We’ve both booked Disney vacations on short notice and also up to a year in advance so we have you covered!
In this episode…I walk through my recent trip to Walt Disney World. The primary purpose of the trip was to visit Toy Story land. I talk more in depth on Toy Story land in Episode 127 but this episode focuses on the entire trip. I talk about our stay at the Yacht club and all of the activities that we experienced at the resort. I also go over the meals that I had this time which includes another trip to California grill at the Contemporary! (My favorite place to eat on property right now) I also give some construction updates and a few tips on Fast Passes and Photo Pass.
Today we are doing our resort tour of Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort! This resort is one that Jon and I both stayed at together. However, it was 26 years ago…I guess we need to plan our return visit to this resort soon. Jon has visited the resort recently and we have had friends and family who have stayed at the resort recently as well. We give you an overview of all of the amenities and special things that this resort has to offer. We also give an update on the massive construction going on in this area….There’s construction on the resort itself, the Disney Skyliner, and the Riviera resort which is just footsteps away. This is Walt Disney World’s original moderate resort and the only one to be considered an EPCOT moderate resort.
Today’s news topics include:
- Justice department approves of Disney’s bid for 20th Century Fox
- Nets have been placed above walkways on Swiss Family Treehouse
- $299 event at Pixar Pier…was it worth the price?
- The Disney Play App is now available
- Toy Story Land opening day saw large crowds
- Disney is working on new technology to simulate Star Wars laser blasts
- It’s rumored that Disney is also working on hologram technology for Galaxy’s Edge
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy to open at Hollywood Studios in 2019
- New Image Unveiled for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Incredibles 2 holds the number 2 spot at the box office
- New permits reveal how Star Wars hotel will connect to Galaxy’s Edge
- New photos suggest that construction is beginning on Mission Space restaurant
- Disney’s Magical Express buses will get a new look
- New interactive Coco exhibit debuts at the Mexico pavilion
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney announces the new heads of Pixar and Disney Animation studios
- Fox approves of Disney’s newest bid for 20th Century Fox
- Lucasfilm denies rumors that Star Wars spin off films have been put on hold
- Pixar Pier opens at Disney’s California Adventure
- World of Color delays return at least until the end of the year
- Toy Story Land opening this week
- First Skyliner vehicle spotted on Disney property
- Frozen Ever After will be duplicated in Hong Kong and Paris
- Inside out attraction coming to Pixar Pier
- Fourth of July fireworks schedule for Magic Kingdom
- Person suing Disney for plagiarism for Inside Out script
Today Jon and I have another round of Disney Pros and Cons! This is the game where we randomly select something from Walt Disney World and one of us will list the pros and the other has to list the cons. This time we added restaurants and resorts to the list as well. The way it works is that we use a random number generator that we match to a number on our list of attractions, dining locations, and resorts. We go through several rounds and see who can make the best arguments for or against something.
Today’s news stories include:
- New hotels to be built at Flamingo crossings near Disney
- The updates to Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
- New alcohol infused frozen coke machine at Art of Animation
- New animated series based on the Rocketeer is coming to Disney jr.
- The Magic Kingdom omnibus will be out at night during the summer
- Comcast makes and all cash bid for 20th Century Fox
- Tokyo Disney Sea is getting new Peter Pan, Tangled and Frozen attractions
- Incredibles 2 breaks box office records during opening weekend
- Cast member previews have started for Toy Story Land
- Bus wait times are now part of the My Disney Experience app
In Today’s episode Jon and I preview the 2018 Food and Wine festival! This year the festival is 75 days starting at the end of August and ending in mid-November. We give a general overview of the festival and share some of our tips and experiences from our times visiting during Food and Wine. We share what we currently know about the new things coming to this year’s festival! Be on the lookout for future episodes on Food and Wine once we know more details.
Today on the show we decide to have a little fun and randomly select an attraction and one of us has to only speak positively about it and the other can only talk negatively about it. Since Jon is the host for this episode he decided that the host should be the one to list the pros or just give the positives of the attraction so that means that I must list the cons for each attraction. We used the same random number generator to select the attractions for us on the spot without us knowing ahead of time. Let us know who you think made the best argument for each attraction! Next time we will add in other things like shopping and dinning locations.
Today we continue our resorts series and take an in depth look at Disney’s Fort Wilderness resort and campground. This massive resort opened shortly after the Contemporary and Polynesian Village resorts in 1971. We take a look at details of this resorts including the different accommodations, dinning options, shopping and recreational activities. Let us know what you think of this resort and which resort should we cover next?
Today’s news topics include:
- Solo disappointing box office
- Comcast is attempting to outbid Disney for 20th Century Fox assets
- New menu at ESPN Club on the Boardwalk
- Location Confirmed for new Star Wars Hotel
- New details on Wreck it Ralph 2
- Animal Kingdom is testing out new stroller parking
- Simon Wilson snuck into the Magic Kingdom and posted it on YouTube
- Galaxy’s Edge will have a wireless charging system in place
- Construction firm contracted for new Magic Kingdom area resort
- Minnie Van service now available at all resorts now
- Rider swap is going digital
In Today’s episode we give a general comparison of Disneyland to Walt Disney World! In previous episodes we compared attractions from Disneyland to the ones at Walt Disney World but today we compare and contrast the parks as a whole. We discuss the geographical location of each park and things like the weather at Disneyland vs Disney World. We also get into things like the queue lines and some of the more subtle differences between the two. While we agree that Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are similar…we also agree that there’s enough differences that it is definitely worth visiting them both!
Today we are giving our picks for the best 3 snacks, dinning locations, and attractions for Hollywood Studios! We found that at Hollywood studios it is tough to find snacks that stand out and are also unique to this park. I think we made some solid choices that we think you will enjoy if you give them a try. Also, we ended up picking some of the same things for our dinning and attraction choices but not in the same order. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our choices!
In this episode we talk about the largely unsuccessful Disney property known as Disney Quest. This started out in the late 90’s as the next big Disney indoor theme park that would be in major cities across the globe. However, only two were ever built…One in Chicago and one at Walt Disney World. The only one to last more than two years was the one located in Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) at Walt Disney World. Jon and I talk about our experiences with the attractions here and talk about what could have been if some of the attractions were updated.
In today’s episode we discuss the many different types of weather that you will encounter during a Walt Disney World Vacation. We go through some of our weather related stories from our past experiences. We’ve dealt with fast developing thunderstorms, heavy rain, hot weather, cold weather, tropical storms, and even a tornado warning. We also give some of our tips one where to go or what do if you run into unexpected bad weather in each of the 4 theme parks…
Today we start a new short term series that we are calling 333. This is where we take a Disney park and we give you our top 3 snacks, top 3 restaurants, and top 3 attractions. That’s why we decided to name it 333. In this episode we give you our current top 3 snacks, restaurants, and rides at the Magic Kingdom. Next week we will give you our EPCOT 333.