Episode 308: Today we finalize our 2021 March madness bracket and crown the champion of what believe is currently the best thing at Walt Disney World. Last week we started with 64 things in 8 different categories and we narrowed that down to 32. Today Jon joined us live from Walt Disney World from the business center of Art of Animation resort as we work to narrow down the top 32 all the way to the champion! Was Jon swayed by some of the things he experience on his trip this week? You be the judge! Oh, and look for his Orlando trip report next week. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our pick for this year’s champion as the best thing at Walt Disney World. I think we even surprised ourselves this year!
Episode: 285, Today we finally have the long awaited park challenge guest on the show! None other than Kent Mullins himself perhaps better known to the challenge community as UCFKent. We talk with Kent about his Disney fandom and of course how he got started on the Parkeology challenge and go through some of his favorite challenge completions. Kent is a 6 time challenge winner and recently took part in the tag team challenge which they completed as well. Before we get to our interview with Kent, we do discuss some Disney news. We talk about the new things coming to Disney+ this fall and we discuss what we are most looking forward too. Some equity cast members have started returning to Walt Disney World. Meanwhile, Disneyland in California is still yet to have an official re-opening date. A new Star Wars VR experience is coming and a guest was thrown out of Hollywood Studios over Disney’s mask policy. Be sure to follow along on Twitter this Sunday September 20th as we celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Jason’s parkeology completion with a special re-tweet of the entire day with Jason’s added commentary and thoughts on his very topsy-turvy day.
Episode:277. I talk about my recent trip to Walt Disney World! I go through the safety measures that Disney has in place and if it made me feel safe. We also cover the recent news like the fact that Disney has officially announced the closure of three attractions. Could more closures be on the horizon? What other attractions could be at risk? We also talk about the annual pass options for cancelling or extending your pass. During my trip report I talk about the crowd levels on each day and my first ride experience on Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway. At Epcot I got to experience what I call the Flower, Food, Wine and Garden festival, I give my pick for best dish at the festival. I also had great dinning experiences at California Grill and Olivia’s. Overall if you are considering going to Disney in the near future I would say that you should use extreme caution and make sure that you are OK with the risk but also know that Disney has done a lot to make things as safe as they can.
Episode 254: With the news of Smuggler’s Run adding fastpass soon we thought it would be a good time to do a refresher on the Disney World Fastpass plus system. A few things have changes since our last episode and we wanted to go over everything all in one episode. We do start by going over the most recent news as there were several stories that caught our attention this week. The parks in China are currently closed, Disney is now selling sporks in Galaxy’s Edge and Disney much more.
Episode 240: We catch up on the latest Disney news before discussing Jon’s recent solo trip to Walt Disney World! This week we actually discuss the final trailer to Star Wars Rise of Skywalker and give our thoughts and theories about it. Fuel Rods are now going to cost $3 per swap, and Disney is doubling down on the Villains after hours events in 2020. Jon recently visited Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party and got to spend a lot of time on the Skyliner during his stay at Pop Century Resort. Jon shares some tips that he learned about riding the Skyliner with us. During his trip he also got to hang out in Batuu and visit Jock Lindsay’s Hanger Bar at Disney Springs.
Episode 232: Today we cover the most recent Disney News and discuss the recent deluge of parkeology completions since the opening of Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World. Hurricane Dorian has been lurking off the coast of Florida for several days and it cancelled a challenge run of our own. In other news we talk about star wars sporks, shade (finally) being thrown over Slinky Dog Dash queue and the TSA reversing their decision on coke bottles. We wrap up by discussing some of the recent challenge completions over the past week.
Episode 230: We discuss the latest Disney news and talk about Jason and Adam’s recent Passholder Preview day at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge! We start with a rundown of the news like New Forky merchandise, Epcot Construction updates and New Afternoon Magic tickets. We also discuss more unscheduled ride refurbishments at Magic Kingdom, and new photopass opportunities for the Halloween Party. Speaking of the halloween party there’s a new party pass available for MNSSHP this year. We also take a look at new concept art from the upcoming Reflections resort. Then, Jason and I walk you through our Passholder preview of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. We give our thoughts on the theming of the land and a review of Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run.
Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Episode 228: Today we discuss everything from loaded Blue and Green milk at Hollywood Studios to our recap of the Give Kids the Rides event on July 24th! We also give some construction updates at Walt Disney World. Primeval Whirl continues to have delays on its re-open…And there was another Parkeology completion this past week. All this and more!
Episode 227: Today we are discussing some of the latest Disney news and giving a lot of construction updates. Later on in the episode Jason and I give our review of our recent stay at the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort! We have a lot more content coming soon so stay tuned!
Episode 225: It seems these days like major news breaks every week! In this episode we break down the big news that Rise of The Resistance is opening December 5th at Walt Disney World and early 2020 for Disneyland. There’s also a new walkway coming that will connect 2 more resorts to the Magic Kingdom via a walking path. A new experience has opened at Animal Kingdom and we preview the Give Kids the Rides event to Raise money for Give Kids the World coming up on July 24th!
Episode 221: We have a lot of news stories to cover this week. Price increases have been rolled out at Walt Disney World. There are a few good news stories…The leave a legacy stones have been removed from one side of the entrance to Epcot and Passholder’s are getting a preview of Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios sometime in August! We do have another crazy rumor to discuss that involves the Country Bear Jamboree (say it aint so!) We also cover some construction updates at California Adventure and at Magic Kingdom.
Episode 217: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland! We give our thoughts on what the new land has to offer and what we are looking forward to experiencing ourselves. We do talk about some other Disney news as well like the new fireworks show coming for the Christmas party, a new Toy Story meet and greet, more Epcot rumors and construction updates!
Episode 216: On the Eve of the opening of Galaxy’s Edge out in Disneyland we discuss more details that are coming out about the land as well as other Disney news and rumors. A lot of changes are coming to Epcot and some wild rumors are floating around. We also discuss the box office performance of the live action Aladdin film as well as some other Disney parks news.
Episode 214: Today we catch up on the latest Disney news. Galaxy’s Edge is opening soon at Disneyland and as a result we have a lot of new details on the experiences that guests will have come May 31st. We also catch up on the progress of the many construction projects going on at Walt Disney World. Things are starting to settle down for Jon and I on the personal side of things so that we can get back on schedule very soon!
Also, sorry for the audio quality this week. Still working out the kinks!
Episode 205: Today we cover the latest Galaxy’s Edge news and go through the theme park Injury report for Q1 of 2019.
Here are the top stories:
- Grand Floridian new Beauty and The Beast Lounge confirmed
- Disney+ service will launch with sever original shows and a low price point
- We give our reaction to the Star Wars Episode 9 teaser
- Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge is rumored to have a time limit
- First look at the inside of a Disney Skyliner gondola
We also cover these stories:
- Pizza Rizzo is going to re-open for a short time
- The Q1 theme park injury report has been released
- Galaxy’s Edge will have special Star Wars themed Coke products
- Penguin made from recycled materials is on Display at Animal Kingdom
Episode 198 – Today we are covering the past 50 years of Walt Disney World history starting with 1969 and the skipping to the next decade sort of in a carousel of progress type of way. We are only focusing on the major events of the year ending in 9 for that decade. From 1969 we jump to 1979 and then 1989, 1999, 2009 and finally recapping the current year 2019. It is remarkable to see the major changes that take place in each decade. This is a fun way to look at Walt Disney World History.
Episode 196 – Disney News – March 18, 2019
Today’s News topics:
- Opening Dates for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run will be the only attraction on opening day
- Disney+ Streaming Service will include entire Disney film library
- Walt Disney World Ticket Prices have increased for this coming holiday season
- Demolition work has started on the old River Country site
- The former Wonders of Life pavilion has started the transformation into the new Play pavilion
- Highlights from the Walt Disney World maintenance report
- Inside look at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Water Parks will now have dedicated Bus Transportation from resorts
- My Disney Experience App Issues with Fast Pass Plus
- Magic Kingdom Guest Experience Team is now permanent
Today’s news topics are mostly about Star Wars but don’t worry we pepper in other Disney news along the way…Disney released a plethora of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge news and even more is breaking today as we should find out the exact date that Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge will open…See I knew it would be [insert date here]!!!!! (Just assume that I guessed it correctly on the show)
Here are the specifics:
- Disney revealed the cast member costumes for Galaxy’s Edge
- Slinky Dog’s tails have returned to Slinky Dog Dash coaster trains
- The Joffrey’s locations at Walt Disney World are now using paper straws
- We now know what’s on the drink menu at Oga’s Cantina
- New Bus Stops at Hollywood Studios are almost finished
- Construction has already begun on new Epcot Entrance project
- New details on the Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run attraction
- New details on the Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Will Disney start selling fast passes for the Star Wars attractions?
- New details on the shops and merchandise available in Galaxy’s Edge
- Construction work has begun on the new hotel connected to the Swan & Dolphin
- Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy will make her theme park debut this spring
- Pathway between the Castle and Sleepy Hollow at Magic kingdom will be widened
- Permits filed for Innoventions East demolition at Epcot
- Disney Cruise Line debuts a reusable shopping bag
- We try to guess the opening dates for Galaxy’s Edge on both coasts
Episode 191 – It’s time to discuss the latest Disney news!
Here are today’s topics
- Height requirements revealed for Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Guests visiting Oga’s Cantina at Disneyland will not be allowed to leave with alcoholic beverages
- Construction updates for Epcot and the Skyliner
- What is the future of the X-Men movie franchise?
- Disney files permits for Future Construction projects
- Hei Hei Dole Whip cone is finally available at Magic Kingdom
- The DVC point requirements have been released for Rivera resort
- Flower and Garden Festival topiaries are already springing up at Epcot
- Some notable repairs have been made to Disney attractions
- Epcot will get a redesigned entrance area
- The former Wonders of Life Pavilion is being transformed into a new “play” Pavilion