On Today’s show we discuss the current state of Disney animated films and what we think the future holds. We go back in time to talk about the Disney dark period that lasted 20 years from the mid 1960’s when Walt Disney died to the time that Michael Eisner and Frank Wells took over and turned the company around in the mid 1980’s. We discuss our favorite films from the Disney Renaissance era of the 1990’s and the second Disney dark time of the early 2000’s before John Lasseter stepped in as head of both Disney and Pixar studios. We try to determine what Disney’s process is for adding elements of Disney Films to the parks…Why do some films get more attention than others? Finally, we take a look at the future of the Disney/Pixar studios. Are we headed for another dark time in Disney animation history? Or is this just the beginning of our current period of hit after hit film? What do you think?
Today we discuss the latest Disney news and then we talk about our experience at Toy Story Land! I recently visited Toy Story Land to get a first hand look at everything and experience as much as it has to offer. I give my thoughts on Slinky dog dash, Alien Swirling saucers, Woody’s Lunchbox and the overall theme of the land.
But first, here are the news topics we discussed:
- Projection mapping technology coming to Disney hotel rooms?
- The new restaurant coming to the Japan pavilion is under construction
- Candlelight processional narrators anounced
- Company-wide network outage causes issues with my Disney experience app
- New casting announced for Star Wars Episode 9
- Expedition Everest could be getting the much needed refurb that it deserves
- Walt Disney World cast member tragically dies
- Disney announces some changes to upcoming movies
Today we give our review for the Incredibles 2! The first 8 minutes is spoiler free so if you haven’t seen it yet you can pause it there. The rest of the time we spend going through the different parts of the movie that stood out to us for various reasons. We also give our thoughts on whether or not you should bring younger children to see this movie. There are some scenes that can be intense for some viewers and if you or anyone in your family have certain medical conditions be aware that there is a pretty intense strobe effect in the film. Overall we enjoyed it and we think you will too.
Today’s news topics include:
- John Lasseter will step down from Disney by the end of the year.
- Walt Disney World monorail has another unique breakdown
- My Disney Experience app went down for 45 minutes
- 2019 vacation packages will be available starting June 19th
- Block-out dates for Certain Annual Passes lifted for the month of June
- Richard Gerth…the longtime greater at the Grand Floridian dies at age 92
- Frozen on Broadway is 0-3 at the Tony awards
- Solo is estimated to lose $80 million dollars
- More details on the delays around the release of Toy Story 4
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean re-opens
- New contest gives the winner a night to camp in Pandora for a night
- Disney Visa card members can purchase Disneyland’s Halloween party tickets early
- New merchandise debuts at Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian
We made it to 100 Episodes! In this episode we answer your questions. A few episodes back we asked for your questions or suggestions for topics that you would like for us to cover. Keep them coming! email@example.com. We home that this episode will help you get to know us a little better. We answer some questions about ourselves and our love for Disney which sparked some really good conversation. We will see you in Episode 101!
May the force be with you in this special Star Wars edition of Traveling With The Mouse! Since today is May the 4th aka Star Wars day we decided to spend this episode talking about the live action Star Wars films and ranking them from 1-9. We may need to revisit this once Solo comes out in a few weeks. See if you agree with our choices as the best and worst Star Wars films!
Today’s news topics include:
- Infinity War breaks opening weekend box office record
- Bob Gurr believes that Walt Disney World is getting new monorails
- Navi River journey re-opens after being closed for 3 straight Days
- Disney announces their upcoming movie release dates
- Minnie Vans are now available at all Walt Disney World resorts
- The new Queue for Dumbo opens at Disneyland
- New attractions are coming along at Tokyo Disneyland
- An update on Walt Disney’s Plane (From our Hollywood Studios Episode)
And Much More!
Today we discuss the latest Disney news and we give our picks on a viral Disney vs. Pixar March madness bracket that is making the rounds on the internet. Click Here to view the bracket and follow along with us and let us know if you agree or disagree with our selection as the winner!
Now that we have both seen Star Wars the Last Jedi, It is time for us to give our full review of the movie. Our opinions do differ although we do agree on the major plot points of the film. This is a spoiler discussion so if for some reason you haven’t seen the movie just be aware that we talk about everything. We break down the movie and talk about the good and the bad. Let us know what you think of the last Jedi? Who do you agree with more?
Today we take a look through the list of Disney films going all the way back to the beginning in 1937. We talk about the movies that we grew up watching as kids and list some movies most people may not remember. We highlight some films from each decade that we like and think deserve some more attention. We then look to the future and discuss the movies that we are most looking forward to being released in the coming years.
Monorail red left one of it’s doors open in route to EPCOT. Disney is closing all of their Children’s Activity Centers. Club-level guests will now have the option to buy additional fast passes. Stitch’s great escape just wont go away….Those stories and more on this episode of Traveling with the mouse.
Happy New Year! Today we start off the new year by previewing all of the new Disney related things coming in 2018. We preview what things we know are coming to the Disney Parks this year. specifically, Toy Story Land in Walt Disney World and Pixar Pier in Disney’s California Adventure Park. We also preview the new Disney movies that will hit theaters this year. What are you most looking forward to in 2018?