Episode 318: Today we cover the rapidly evolving Disney park news! Covid restrictions are being rolled back faster than the launch at Rock n’ Rollercoaster. We highlight some notable ones like the monorail no longer has dividers as well as other attractions like Jungle Cruise. Distancing Markers are nowhere to be seen except for the impressions the left in the pavement. (Perhaps a little something to remember them by for years to come) In other new, Boo Bash is starting to sell out even though the price is higher and the experience is more limited than the Halloween Party was. With all of the things going back to normal, we point out the noticeable absence of Fastpass and it can’t help but make us wonder…is a paid system just around the corner? Perhaps the biggest news of the week is that Fireworks are coming back! You thought I was going to say that the noodles are back at Ohana, didn’t you? Those are back too, but FIREWORKS! I am very excited to see some Happily Ever After again! We wrap up the show by examining an article about what resorts to guests tend to repeat visit more than others. We look at each resort category and see which resorts rise to the top of the list.
Episode 266:We start this week by covering some news…A Disney Park (Shanghai) will finally be open again starting May 11th! In our main topic, It is Mother’s Day this week and Jon and I interviewed our Moms about Walt Disney World. It turns out that our love of Disney is really and extension of their love of Disney. It started for them back in the 1950’s with the Mickey Mouse Club and the Wonderful world of Color on TV. Our Mom’s went to Walt Disney World several times in the 1970’s and we asked them what it was like back in the old days of Walt Disney World. We asked them about the early days of Epcot as well. We had a great time asking them all of these questions that we will certainly have to do this again. Maybe we can convince them to be on the show live next time?
Episode 237: The Disney Skyliner crushed it on it’s first week. (Literally) We discuss what this means and will it be open in time for any of us to ride it this weekend? Also, another Monorail gets a new interior and a moderate refurbishment. We also give our thoughts on Epcot Forever and the end of Illuminations. Adam and Jason will be in the parks this week for the Food and Wine festival. We discuss some possible challenges for us to do in response to donations for our give kids the world donation page
Before blazing into 2019 with our mickey ears flapping in the wind, we decided that on this last day of 2018 to take a look back over the news stories from the past 364 days that stood out the most to us. We begin the episode with one of the latest news stories that we just had to mention, the apparent theft of the Buzzy animatronic from the wonders of life pavilion at Epcot. After that we discuss the major news events of the year and take a look at the top stories from each month in 2018. The common themes from this year were monorail issues, price increases and a lot of construction. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store in the world of Disney. We will preview the coming year next week. Happy new year everyone!
Today’s news topics:
- Disney caught up in theme park lawsuit against 20th century fox
- It’s rumored that Winnie the Pooh may be replaced at Shanghai Disneyland
- Renderings of new tower rooms at Coronado Springs resort
- Estimated ride times on the Disney Skyliner
- Walt Disney World Railroad will close December 3rd
- New Trailer for live action Lion King released
- Ralph breaks the box office this weekend
- Keanu Reeves will be in Toy Story 4
- Rumor, Disney hasn’t ordered new monorails?
Today’s news topics include:
- John Lasseter will step down from Disney by the end of the year.
- Walt Disney World monorail has another unique breakdown
- My Disney Experience app went down for 45 minutes
- 2019 vacation packages will be available starting June 19th
- Block-out dates for Certain Annual Passes lifted for the month of June
- Richard Gerth…the longtime greater at the Grand Floridian dies at age 92
- Frozen on Broadway is 0-3 at the Tony awards
- Solo is estimated to lose $80 million dollars
- More details on the delays around the release of Toy Story 4
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean re-opens
- New contest gives the winner a night to camp in Pandora for a night
- Disney Visa card members can purchase Disneyland’s Halloween party tickets early
- New merchandise debuts at Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian
Today’s news topics include:
- New Monorail Trains coming to Walt Disney World (Rumor)
- Fast Pass Plus selections are now available for Toy Story Land
- Minnie Vans are now permanent at Walt Disney World
- Epcot France pavilion construction update
- Tokyo Disneyland will have an expansion but no 3rd gate
- Guests are no longer able to transfer Fast Passes
In this episode go through my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. I talk about my experience staying at the Contemporary and go over some of the changes that I noticed with the monorails. I also give my thoughts on the festival of the arts at EPCOT and how it compares to the other festivals. I wrap up by going through how I dealt with the crowds on a very busy day at Magic Kingdom.
Today’s Episode is all about the Walt Disney World Monorail. Jon and I talk about our experiences with the monorail from when we were kids. We then talk about some of our recent experiences with some of the maintenance issues that we have noticed over the past few years. We conclude the episode talking about the future of the WDW monorail and what we hope to see change in the near future. Let us know what you think about the monorail. email@example.com