In Today’s episode Jon and I preview the 2018 Food and Wine festival! This year the festival is 75 days starting at the end of August and ending in mid-November. We give a general overview of the festival and share some of our tips and experiences from our times visiting during Food and Wine. We share what we currently know about the new things coming to this year’s festival! Be on the lookout for future episodes on Food and Wine once we know more details.
Today on the show we decide to have a little fun and randomly select an attraction and one of us has to only speak positively about it and the other can only talk negatively about it. Since Jon is the host for this episode he decided that the host should be the one to list the pros or just give the positives of the attraction so that means that I must list the cons for each attraction. We used the same random number generator to select the attractions for us on the spot without us knowing ahead of time. Let us know who you think made the best argument for each attraction! Next time we will add in other things like shopping and dinning locations.
Today’s news topics include:
- John Lasseter will step down from Disney by the end of the year.
- Walt Disney World monorail has another unique breakdown
- My Disney Experience app went down for 45 minutes
- 2019 vacation packages will be available starting June 19th
- Block-out dates for Certain Annual Passes lifted for the month of June
- Richard Gerth…the longtime greater at the Grand Floridian dies at age 92
- Frozen on Broadway is 0-3 at the Tony awards
- Solo is estimated to lose $80 million dollars
- More details on the delays around the release of Toy Story 4
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean re-opens
- New contest gives the winner a night to camp in Pandora for a night
- Disney Visa card members can purchase Disneyland’s Halloween party tickets early
- New merchandise debuts at Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian
Today we continue our resorts series and take an in depth look at Disney’s Fort Wilderness resort and campground. This massive resort opened shortly after the Contemporary and Polynesian Village resorts in 1971. We take a look at details of this resorts including the different accommodations, dinning options, shopping and recreational activities. Let us know what you think of this resort and which resort should we cover next?
Today we give you our top 3 picks for snacks, restaurants, and attractions at Disney’s Animal Kingdom! We ended up with some really good choices. Animal kingdom has some really great snacks. Our picks for top restaurant includes a buffet and a quick service location…can you guess which ones? It should be no surprise what the top attraction is at Animal Kingdom but I think we had an interesting list. It is no wonder that Animal Kingdom is now the second most visited park at Walt Disney World!
Today’s news topics include:
- Solo disappointing box office
- Comcast is attempting to outbid Disney for 20th Century Fox assets
- New menu at ESPN Club on the Boardwalk
- Location Confirmed for new Star Wars Hotel
- New details on Wreck it Ralph 2
- Animal Kingdom is testing out new stroller parking
- Simon Wilson snuck into the Magic Kingdom and posted it on YouTube
- Galaxy’s Edge will have a wireless charging system in place
- Construction firm contracted for new Magic Kingdom area resort
- Minnie Van service now available at all resorts now
- Rider swap is going digital
In Today’s episode we give a general comparison of Disneyland to Walt Disney World! In previous episodes we compared attractions from Disneyland to the ones at Walt Disney World but today we compare and contrast the parks as a whole. We discuss the geographical location of each park and things like the weather at Disneyland vs Disney World. We also get into things like the queue lines and some of the more subtle differences between the two. While we agree that Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are similar…we also agree that there’s enough differences that it is definitely worth visiting them both!
Today we are giving our picks for the best 3 snacks, dinning locations, and attractions for Hollywood Studios! We found that at Hollywood studios it is tough to find snacks that stand out and are also unique to this park. I think we made some solid choices that we think you will enjoy if you give them a try. Also, we ended up picking some of the same things for our dinning and attraction choices but not in the same order. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our choices!
Today’s News topics include:
- Solo Box Office results are below expectations
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge reveals the name for it’s outpost
- Pirates at Disneyland will now be added to their Maxpass service
- Alcohol Sales at Magic Kingdom expands to more dinning locations
- Construction update on the Riviera Hotel
- Update on construction at Coronado Springs
- Epcot Construction updates
- Donald’s Dino Bash at Animal Kingdom
- Incredible Tomorrowland Expo
- Animal Kingdom testing an in park ticket center
In this episode we talk about the largely unsuccessful Disney property known as Disney Quest. This started out in the late 90’s as the next big Disney indoor theme park that would be in major cities across the globe. However, only two were ever built…One in Chicago and one at Walt Disney World. The only one to last more than two years was the one located in Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) at Walt Disney World. Jon and I talk about our experiences with the attractions here and talk about what could have been if some of the attractions were updated.
Today we give our top 3 snacks, restaurants, and attractions at EPCOT! Surprisingly, Jon and I agreed on most of these. When it comes to the restaurants and attractions at EPCOT (the current attractions) we definitely agree. It’s hard to narrow it down to 3 snacks at EPCOT because there’s so many unique and delicious snacks to choose from. What are your favorites at EPCOT? Let us know if you agree with our picks!
This week’s news topics include:
- Disney Considers having John Lasseter return
- Toy Story Magic Bands released
- It is rumored that Disney Cruise Line is looking to buy a second private Island
- Toy Story Midway Mania is back at full capacity at Hollywood Studios
- Main Street theater project is on indefinite hold and no long in future plans
- New details on the space themed restaurant at EPCOT
- Update on Disney Skyliner construction
- Solo: A Star Wars story has a fairly low score among critics
- Galaxy’s Edge opening time frame announced for Disney Land and Disney World
- 2017 Them Park Attendance numbers have been released.
In today’s episode we discuss the many different types of weather that you will encounter during a Walt Disney World Vacation. We go through some of our weather related stories from our past experiences. We’ve dealt with fast developing thunderstorms, heavy rain, hot weather, cold weather, tropical storms, and even a tornado warning. We also give some of our tips one where to go or what do if you run into unexpected bad weather in each of the 4 theme parks…
Today we start a new short term series that we are calling 333. This is where we take a Disney park and we give you our top 3 snacks, top 3 restaurants, and top 3 attractions. That’s why we decided to name it 333. In this episode we give you our current top 3 snacks, restaurants, and rides at the Magic Kingdom. Next week we will give you our EPCOT 333.
Today’s news topics include:
- New Construction projects for Magic Kingdom Area and EPCOT area
- Maleficent Dragon Catches fire during the Festival of Fantasy parade
- Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is toning down their shenanigans
- Talking Mickey at Town Square Theater is now silent
- Toy Story Midway Mania will close for a week in June
- New Signature restaurant coming to the Japan pavilion
- New dates added for the Disney After Hours event at Magic Kingdom (See my Review here)
- Tony’s Town Square restaurant has some new menu items.
- Sifi Dine-in Theater also as new menu items
- Coronado Springs construction update
These Stories and More!
What would you do on a Walt Disney World vacation if money was not a consideration? I’m sure that we’ve all pondered this question. Today Jon and I give our itineraries for our no limits Disney vacation. The only parameters that we placed on this scenario was that it could only be at Walt Disney World and an 8 day 7 night vacation. We go through each day of our no limits vacation and tell you exactly what we would splurge on. What would you do on your no limits vacation Disney vacation?
Today we conclude our walk through the parks series with part 2 of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park. This episode includes a walk through of Asia, Africa and Pandora. As usual we discuss the rides, attractions, shows, shopping and dinning options in each area. We go through detail of everything that Pandora has to offer so if you are planning a trip and want to include Animal Kingdom in your plans I highly recommend listening to the section on Pandora. We cover everything you need to know!
Today’s news topics include:
- Avenger’s Infinity War reaches 1 Billion faster than any movie in history
- First look at Alien Swirling Saucers
- Animatronic Wheezy is added to the end of Slinky Dog Dash
- Disney previews some Toy Story Land Merchandise
- Mobile Ordering is coming to Disneyland
- Limited Edition Toy Story Land Magic Bands released
- Paradise Pier hotel’s Pixar overlay has started
- Disney Confirm’s Night of Joy will not return in the Future
- Guardian’s of the Galaxy construction update ad EPCOT
- Construction begins in the old WDW STOLport site (mentioned video)
- New Lost and Found Process coming to Walt Disney World
- New Character coming to Disney Junior Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine
- Disney World is going to offer fast pass packages for one day tickets
- John Boyega gives a hint at the timeline of Star Wars Episode 9
- Slinky Dog Dash Fast Passes are going fast at the 60 day mark
We made it to 100 Episodes! In this episode we answer your questions. A few episodes back we asked for your questions or suggestions for topics that you would like for us to cover. Keep them coming! firstname.lastname@example.org. We home that this episode will help you get to know us a little better. We answer some questions about ourselves and our love for Disney which sparked some really good conversation. We will see you in Episode 101!
May the force be with you in this special Star Wars edition of Traveling With The Mouse! Since today is May the 4th aka Star Wars day we decided to spend this episode talking about the live action Star Wars films and ranking them from 1-9. We may need to revisit this once Solo comes out in a few weeks. See if you agree with our choices as the best and worst Star Wars films!