This episode is a combination of two bonus episodes that we recorded earlier this year. We discuss the most googled questions about Walt Disney world and give our answers to those questions. Then we talk about the top 5 projects of Disney imagineer Joe Rohde. We hope you enjoy them and we will be back on our regular schedule soon!
Episode 212: Today we are going through a timeline of important events when trip planning a Walt Disney World vacation! Those events can start as early as 9-12 months in advance. We talk about the early stages of planning a trip to Walt Disney World which includes things like budgeting and selecting a resort hotel. We then go into the middle phase where you can start booking dining reservations. The final stage of trip planning includes things like selecting fast passes and last minute tips to make sure you are the most prepared that you can be. When a Disney trip is broken down into a timeline like this and can seem much less daunting!
Episode 211: Today we are discussing the Extra Extra magic hours that will be available after Galaxy’s Edge opens!
Here are all of the topics that we cover:
- Disney Announces tentative release dates for upcoming movies through 2027
- New permits show where the Reflections resort is going to be placed
- Disneyland allowed guests to register for the opening of Galaxy’s Edge
- Extra Extra Magic Hours coming to Hollywood Studios
- Resort Guests will soon be able to purchase magic bands at a discount
- Tron Coaster Construction goes vertical
- New interactive elements coming to the Play Disney app
Episode 210: Today we are joined once again by Jason as we breakdown the historic Parkeology run on April 24th where we saw the first completion of 2019 and the first ever completion of the “oxygen free” challenge where a team completed all 46 rides without using any fast passes! We also discuss a third run that wasn’t a completion but actually had the best pace of the day. We break down each run and give our thoughts on what were the pivotal moments in each one.
Episode 209: Today we are discussing everything from summer discounts to the new additions coming to Hollywood Studios!
- A variety of new discounts for this summer have been released
- New Details in Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Special treats menu has been released for the Disney Villains after hours event
- Rumor: Disney may be planning an interchangeable “black box” type attraction
- New table service restaurant is coming to Toy Story Land!
FYI News stories:
- Special Star Wars activities planned for May 4th
- Avengers End Game is breaking all kinds of box office records
- Phantom Manor has finally re-opened
- New Rule changes for Disney Parks are now in effect
Episode 208: Today we are going over when and how to make your Disney World advanced dining reservations! We discuss some of the most difficult restaurants to get reservations for and we give you some tips for grabbing those hard to get reservations. You can reserve dining 180 days from your arrival but for some like me who plan Disney trips well within that time frame there are still some ways to get those pesky dining reservations. We also have a discussion on character dining and which ones are hard to get vs. the ones that still offer a great experience but just isn’t as popular.
Episode 207: It’s that time again! We discuss the Disney news from the past week.
Here are the topics:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary details
- It is confirmed that No nighttime parade will be part of WDW 50th Aniniversary
- New details on the Villains after hours event coming to Magic Kingdom
- Possible Major spoiler for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway delayed until spring 2020
Additional News Stories
- This week we saw Skyliner evacuation testing
- Disneyland Cast members wont be able to visit Galaxy’s Edge until August
- Tomorrowland Speedway’s modification nears completion
- Major construction is going on at the entrance of 3 of the Disney theme parks
- Some Disney titles will be modified or not included in Disney Plus
Episode 206: Today we answer the age old question…How do I decide which Walt Disney World theme park to visit for each day of my vacation? We talk about the factors that go into making that decision. We try to break down those factors in a simple way to help make the choice a lot easier. We know that there are a lot of complexity to planning a Walt Disney World vacation but if you take some time to do a little research then you can save time and money but more importantly add more fun to your vacation!
Episode 205: Today we cover the latest Galaxy’s Edge news and go through the theme park Injury report for Q1 of 2019.
Here are the top stories:
- Grand Floridian new Beauty and The Beast Lounge confirmed
- Disney+ service will launch with sever original shows and a low price point
- We give our reaction to the Star Wars Episode 9 teaser
- Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge is rumored to have a time limit
- First look at the inside of a Disney Skyliner gondola
We also cover these stories:
- Pizza Rizzo is going to re-open for a short time
- The Q1 theme park injury report has been released
- Galaxy’s Edge will have special Star Wars themed Coke products
- Penguin made from recycled materials is on Display at Animal Kingdom
Episode 204: In this episode we cover the different hotel and resort options for a Walt Disney World vacation! Whether you like staying on property or prefer to stay close to Walt Disney world there are a number of things to consider. The price is obviously a big consideration but there’s also factors like, location, amenities, transportation, and theme. Disney has several categories of resorts to choose from and we help break down each one to help you decide which resort is the best one for you and your family.
Episode 203: Today we cover the most recent Disney news.
Here are the top 5 stories:
- New high-speed rail line could connect Walt Disney World and Miami
- Is it possible that Mickey and Minnie’s Runnaway Railway will be delayed until 2020?
- Disney resorts are now charging a fee for in room delivery services
- Tickets are now on sale for this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- A lot of new information on changes coming to Epcot came out this week
Also, We cover these stories this week
- Skyliner is now testing with live people on board
- for $200 you can have lunch with Joe Rhode at Animal Kingdom
- New nighttime shows are coming to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Part of Tomorrowland received a new paint job recently
- Spitting Camel outside of Magic Carpets of Aladdin was recently removed
- Guest experience team is now coming to Hollywood Studios
Link: Episode 190 Horizon’s
Episode 202: Our friend Jason joins us again on the show today to discuss everything you need to know about using the Fast Pass Plus system at Walt Disney World! We start by covering the origins of fast passes at Walt Disney World back in 1999 when paper fast passes were used. Then we continue to five years ago when the fast pass plus system was introduced. We give you our tips and strategies for how to best use the system and save the most time on your Disney vacation. Our goal was to cover all of the basics of using fast passes and then go more in depth on how to optimize and best use fast passes to minimize your waiting and maximize your fun! I am not exaggerating when I say that Jason and I almost never wait in standby lines (unless it is a short wait) because of the strategy that we outline in this episode.
Episode 201: Disney news for April 4, 2019
- New photopass photo added to the Haunted Mansion
- There will be no standby access to Galaxy’s Edge through June 23rd
- 3 Disney Springs restaurants were involved in a credit card data breach
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel is now open at California Adventure
- Dumbo debuts at number 1 but below box office expectations
- Disney adds a Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom over the summer
- Philharmagic is coming to California Adventure
- Woody’s Roundup BBQ Dining Experience Coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disneyland Paris experienced a litter protest this week
- Typhoon Lagoon will have its first VIPassholder event
- Archive recording of Don Rickles will be used for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is now open at Hollywood Studios
Episode 200: This is no April Fools joke, we are actually spending an entire episode on Queue Lines! we think you will enjoy this discussion on the many different queue lines at Walt Disney World. We cover what we think are the best queues in all 4 parks as well as the ones that are no so great at each park. We rate the best and worst queue at each park. Let us know what you believe are the best and worst queues lines at Walt Disney World.
Episode 199: Disney News
Here are the topics that we discussed
- Disney Cruise Line finalizes the purchase of second private island
- Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian is closing for an expansion
- Disneyland Paris reports a profit for the first time in nearly a decade
- False alarm causes minor panic at Disneyland Paris
- NBA Experience set to open August 12th at Disney Springs
- Casey Jr Splash & Soak station and Kali River Rapids have re-opened from refurbishment
- Two separate lawsuits filed against Disney for incidents on the People Mover
- Will Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway open before Galaxy’s Edge
- Disney has pulled resort discounts from Summer/Fall
Episode 198 – Today we are covering the past 50 years of Walt Disney World history starting with 1969 and the skipping to the next decade sort of in a carousel of progress type of way. We are only focusing on the major events of the year ending in 9 for that decade. From 1969 we jump to 1979 and then 1989, 1999, 2009 and finally recapping the current year 2019. It is remarkable to see the major changes that take place in each decade. This is a fun way to look at Walt Disney World History.
Episode 197 – Here are the news topics for today
- The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is getting an update
- Will the Skyliner open earlier now that Galaxy’s Edge will be open in August?
- New Bus Station is open at Hollywood Studios
- James Gunn has been reinstated as the director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- A new film called Awesome Planet is coming to the old Circle of Life Theater in Epcot
- A new fireworks show will be replacing HalloWishes this Halloween season
- The moat around Cinderella Castle has been drained at Magic Kingdom
- The Walk Around the World Bricks will soon be removed
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will re-open this summer
- Some theme park hours have been extended for April
- Hollywood Studios parking lot sections have been renamed after Disney Characters
- The Disney 21st Century Fox merger is now official
- Toy Story 4 trailer dropped this week
- Disney Play app will transform to interactive app while in Galaxy’s Edge
Episode 196 – Disney News – March 18, 2019
Today’s News topics:
- Opening Dates for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run will be the only attraction on opening day
- Disney+ Streaming Service will include entire Disney film library
- Walt Disney World Ticket Prices have increased for this coming holiday season
- Demolition work has started on the old River Country site
- The former Wonders of Life pavilion has started the transformation into the new Play pavilion
- Highlights from the Walt Disney World maintenance report
- Inside look at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Water Parks will now have dedicated Bus Transportation from resorts
- My Disney Experience App Issues with Fast Pass Plus
- Magic Kingdom Guest Experience Team is now permanent
Episode 195 – Today we are joined once again by our friend Jason. We go through our recent attempt at the Parkeology/Every Ride Challenge! We break down our run and pinpoint the mistakes that we made as well as the breakthroughs that we had during our 15 hour day. We had some really good breaks and a few that didn’t go our way. The important thing is that we had fun and we raised some money for Give Kids The World. You can still give through our link Here and it will go to the overall goal of $100k by the end of this year!
Episode 193: Howdy Folks, and welcome to this episode dedicated to one of our favorite Walt Disney World Attractions…The Country Bear Jamboree! We dig into the history of this attraction and talk about its connection with Walt Disney himself. It turns out that this may have been the last attraction that Walt ever saw in development. We then go through the current version of the show and discuss our favorite songs and the memories that we have of this show. Then we take a look at the different seasonal overlays of the show and talk about what caused the Disneyland version of the show to close permanently. Whether you love it or tolerate it, there’s no question that this attraction has its place in Disney history.