Welcome to Traveling with the Mouse, the podcast that takes you on a journey through the magical world of Disney! In this episode, we bring you the latest news and have some fun with AI by having it write a game for us to play. But First up, we have some exciting news for all the Disney fans out there. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets are now on sale! This is one of the most popular events at Disney World, and it’s not hard to see why. So if you’re planning a trip to Disney World this fall, be sure to grab your tickets before they sell out. Next, Disney has announced a new discount on lightsabers at Galaxy’s Edge. The Galactic Starcruiser has also extended its discounts this summer to Disney Visa card holders. Moving on, we discuss the latest incident involving the fire breathing dragon. This time during a performance of Fantasmic at Disneyland. Finally, we have the latest drama with the Reedy Creek Improvement District. We end the episode with a little game that AI created for this episode.
Episode:272. It is becoming more difficult to keep up with the frequent changes coming from Disney as they prepare to re-open in just a few short weeks from now. We discuss some of the major changes like the cancellation of all Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party’s for 2020. There is some good news though, the food and wine festival at Epcot is starting July 15th and will last through the fall. The event will be scaled back considerably, however. We also discuss some rumors of more projects being cancelled like the Reflections resort. Nothing has been officially confirmed yet but we expect to hear in the coming months about some major cost cutting. We will talk more next week about the new reservation system and see how it works.
Episode 240: We catch up on the latest Disney news before discussing Jon’s recent solo trip to Walt Disney World! This week we actually discuss the final trailer to Star Wars Rise of Skywalker and give our thoughts and theories about it. Fuel Rods are now going to cost $3 per swap, and Disney is doubling down on the Villains after hours events in 2020. Jon recently visited Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party and got to spend a lot of time on the Skyliner during his stay at Pop Century Resort. Jon shares some tips that he learned about riding the Skyliner with us. During his trip he also got to hang out in Batuu and visit Jock Lindsay’s Hanger Bar at Disney Springs.
Episode 197 – Here are the news topics for today
- The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is getting an update
- Will the Skyliner open earlier now that Galaxy’s Edge will be open in August?
- New Bus Station is open at Hollywood Studios
- James Gunn has been reinstated as the director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- A new film called Awesome Planet is coming to the old Circle of Life Theater in Epcot
- A new fireworks show will be replacing HalloWishes this Halloween season
- The moat around Cinderella Castle has been drained at Magic Kingdom
- The Walk Around the World Bricks will soon be removed
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will re-open this summer
- Some theme park hours have been extended for April
- Hollywood Studios parking lot sections have been renamed after Disney Characters
- The Disney 21st Century Fox merger is now official
- Toy Story 4 trailer dropped this week
- Disney Play app will transform to interactive app while in Galaxy’s Edge
Today on the news episode of Traveling with the Mouse we discuss the following stories…
- Latest Construction update on Tron Coaster
- Disney Purchases even more land in Osceola County near Celebration
- Disney Skyliner construction update
- Cosmic Rays main dining area and Sonny Eclipse are under refurbishment
- New DVC Kiosk at Hollywood Studios is near completion at Grand Avenue
- Walls removed around future exit for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Construction worker files lawsuit against Disney for injury at Animal Kingdom
- New credit card policy at Disney resorts will go into effect February 27th.
- Halloween Party tickets are now available to purchase
- H2O Glow Night tickets at Typhoon Lagoon available now to purchase as well
Instead of doing a regular news story this week we decide that since we are behind on the news stories that we would just have an open discussion on the current Disney related topics that we thought were the most interesting. We start by talking about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and how we feel about the Halloween season starting in mid-August now. We then cover news topics like, the two tragic deaths that have happened on our near Disney property in the last week, Disneyland’s hotel battle with the city of Anaheim, and rumors of what attraction will replace Stich’s Great escape.
It’s summertime so that means it is time to start thinking about Halloween? If you’re a Disney fan it is! We are previewing the new experiences coming to the 2018 Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party! This year we are getting some unique experiences from new lighting and sound effects to a new dance party. There are new things for the whole family this year. I think we are most excited about the new experience coming to Pirates of the Caribbean! Start making your plans now because the Halloween party is on select nights from August 17th through Halloween night.