Episode 218: Today we are recapping our recent Parkeology run from June 1st! For anyone not familiar with this challenge, we attempted to ride every ride in all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks in 1 day. We attempted the challenge for the first time back in March and came up short. On our second attempt we had 2 additional rides to complete but we also had 2 more hours in the day. This day produced a lot of fun and a lot of drama…Our run literally came down to the last minute!
Episode 206: Today we answer the age old question…How do I decide which Walt Disney World theme park to visit for each day of my vacation? We talk about the factors that go into making that decision. We try to break down those factors in a simple way to help make the choice a lot easier. We know that there are a lot of complexity to planning a Walt Disney World vacation but if you take some time to do a little research then you can save time and money but more importantly add more fun to your vacation!
Episode 193: Howdy Folks, and welcome to this episode dedicated to one of our favorite Walt Disney World Attractions…The Country Bear Jamboree! We dig into the history of this attraction and talk about its connection with Walt Disney himself. It turns out that this may have been the last attraction that Walt ever saw in development. We then go through the current version of the show and discuss our favorite songs and the memories that we have of this show. Then we take a look at the different seasonal overlays of the show and talk about what caused the Disneyland version of the show to close permanently. Whether you love it or tolerate it, there’s no question that this attraction has its place in Disney history.
Today’s episode is about the Parkeology Challenge. This challenge involves riding every ride at all four Walt Disney World Parks in one day. There are a lot of rules and regulations around this challenge in order for it to be considered official. There are currently 49 attractions that are considered rides at Walt Disney World. I go into the list and explain constitutes a “ride” in the challenge. We wrap up by going through some of the strategies that can be used to take on this challenge. I will be taking part in this challenge on March 9, 2019. Make sure to follow @TWTMPodcast on twitter to follow along with us! www.parkeology.com
It’s our second episode of the day! In all of the valentines day fun we didn’t want to miss out on the news so here are the topics that we cover today.
- Casey Jr. Circus Splash n Play area is finally under refurbishment
- Coco street show coming to Epcot for the flower and Garden Festival
- New details on lounge opening at Rivera Resort reveals a Disney connection
- More dates added for the Early Morning Magic event at Magic Kingdom
- You can no longer modify dinning reservations on the My Disney Experience app
- Skyliner gondola testing can now be seen by guests
- The return date is set for World of Color at Disney California adventure
- Former Disney CEO and Walt Disney’s Son-In-Law passes away at age 85
- New Trailer for the Live Action Aladdin released
- Kevin from the movie UP is now a live character at Animal Kingdom
- Cinderella’s Carriage will be out at Magic Kingdom for Valentines photo opp
- Wreck it Ralph meet and greet now open in it’s new location at Epcot
- Park hours at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom have been extended for March and April
- New permanent security structure coming to the pathway checkpoint between Magic Kingdom and Contemporary
- Disney after Dark returns this year at Disneyland Resort with a Marvel Theme
There’s a lot of new things coming to Walt Disney World in 2019 and we are going to break down everything for you! Everyone knows that Star Wars Galaxy’s edge is opening this year but that isn’t the only major experience coming to the parks this year. There’s plenty of new things coming that have us excited and a few things that have us scratching our heads. We start with the new things coming in January some are interesting and some are…meh. We talk about the new Rivera resort and new addition to Coronado springs, we discuss the skyliner, and everything coming to the parks and Disney Springs in 2019. We finish by going over some closures and refurbishment updates that we currently know are taking place this year. 2019 could be the biggest year in theme park history!
- Guests at Caribbean Beach resort are getting a complimentary Skyliner Pin
- Reopening date set for Tomorrowland Speedway in 2019
- Mystery structure being built in front of Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios
- Is the expanded early morning magic at Magic Kingdom worth the price?
- Animal Kingdom just had it’s first After Hours event
- Cirque du soleil gives a small hint into the new Disney Springs show
- Satu’li Canteen has seen some recent menu changes
- Path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain closed for Tron Construction
- Walt Disney World Railroad Limited Edition Magic Band now available
- Disneyland Paris adding Solar energy and name change for Disney Studios Park?
- Friendship Boat service to Epcot still available but on a limited schedule this month
- Phantom Manor refurbishment at Disneyland Paris delayed yet again
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?
Today we welcome our first guest to the show! Jon’s brother James recently went on a Walt Disney World vacation and we spoke with him about it. As I mentioned in our last episode, Jon is a little preoccupied with the newest addition to his family so I have been going back in the TWTM archives to find some content that we haven’t released before. This is a recording that we made back in May and didn’t know what to do with it. We recorded this through speaker phone so apologies if the quality is not great at times but we hope you will still get some enjoyment out of it. Also, just to let you know, this episode begins as a trip report and then kind of goes all over the place. We talk about attractions, restaurants, and other random Disney topics. It is our intention to get James and my brother on the show to talk about Disney past and present. Let us know what you think and we will get back to our regular schedule soon!
It’s summertime so that means it is time to start thinking about Halloween? If you’re a Disney fan it is! We are previewing the new experiences coming to the 2018 Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party! This year we are getting some unique experiences from new lighting and sound effects to a new dance party. There are new things for the whole family this year. I think we are most excited about the new experience coming to Pirates of the Caribbean! Start making your plans now because the Halloween party is on select nights from August 17th through Halloween night.
Today’s News topics include:
- Solo Box Office results are below expectations
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge reveals the name for it’s outpost
- Pirates at Disneyland will now be added to their Maxpass service
- Alcohol Sales at Magic Kingdom expands to more dinning locations
- Construction update on the Riviera Hotel
- Update on construction at Coronado Springs
- Epcot Construction updates
- Donald’s Dino Bash at Animal Kingdom
- Incredible Tomorrowland Expo
- Animal Kingdom testing an in park ticket center
In today’s episode we discuss the many different types of weather that you will encounter during a Walt Disney World Vacation. We go through some of our weather related stories from our past experiences. We’ve dealt with fast developing thunderstorms, heavy rain, hot weather, cold weather, tropical storms, and even a tornado warning. We also give some of our tips one where to go or what do if you run into unexpected bad weather in each of the 4 theme parks…
Today we start a new short term series that we are calling 333. This is where we take a Disney park and we give you our top 3 snacks, top 3 restaurants, and top 3 attractions. That’s why we decided to name it 333. In this episode we give you our current top 3 snacks, restaurants, and rides at the Magic Kingdom. Next week we will give you our EPCOT 333.
In this episode go through my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. I talk about my experience staying at the Contemporary and go over some of the changes that I noticed with the monorails. I also give my thoughts on the festival of the arts at EPCOT and how it compares to the other festivals. I wrap up by going through how I dealt with the crowds on a very busy day at Magic Kingdom.
Today we continue our series where we go through the different lands of the Disney Parks. This episode is a walk-through of Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. We give our thoughts, opinions, and history of the attractions in Tomorrowland. We also cover the shopping and dinning options that are available. Let us know what you think about Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.
I talk about my experience attending the Disney After Hours event on February 15th. I walk through what I experienced and give some tips one what you can do to maximize your time if you are planning to go to this event in the future. I also give my opinion on if this event is worth the price tag. ($120 per person or $89 per person for AP holders or DVC Members) If you are interested in going to this event in 2018 there’s only two left. (March 1st and March 8th) Disney may or may not bring this event back next year. What are your thoughts about this event?
In this episode we start our trip through the history of Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. This land has changed a lot since 1971 so it is going to take us 2 episodes to go through it all. We start were we left off by going from the Liberty square side and working our way past Cinderella Castle. We talk about the current attractions and the past attractions that have been in each location of Fantasyland. Next week we go into the Fantasyland expansion and give our thoughts on what is called “New Fantasyland…”
This episode is our walk through of Liberty Square. We discuss the area, attractions, dinning, and shops in detail.
Today we are talking all things Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom! We go through the history of the land and the attractions that have come and gone through the years. We reminisce over our favorite experiences in this land from when we were kids coming here in the 80’s up to now. We talk about the food and entertainment options as well. What is your favorite thing about Frontierland?
Today marks the start of a new series where we are going to go through each land of the parks and talk in detail about them. We will go through the history of the land, the attractions, shops, restaurants and the theme. Today’s episode is all about Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom in Florida. We talk about our favorite attractions and our memories of this land through the years. Stay tuned for next Friday as we will be discussing Frontierland.