Today I go over the basics of the Walt Disney World annual Pass! I start by going over the different types of passes and the current rates for those passes. I then talk about the process of activating your pass and how to get your passholder magic bands and magnets. I also, discuss the benefits of being a passholder including, discounts on hotels, merchandise, and dinning. I talk about what I think is the best benefit…the inclusion of memory maker and some of the other smaller benefits that I think are worth mentioning. I hope that this helps you determine if an annual pass is right for you.
Today Jon and I conclude our deep dive into the menus for this year’s EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival! We released part one last Thursday so if you want to hear the complete list of all menus…go back and listen to that episode first. We have fun going through the menus and selecting one food item and one beverage that we are most interested in trying. Also, enjoy listening to us try to pronounce all of the food and drink items on the menu. I’m pretty sure we got most of them wrong.
Today we welcome our first guest to the show! Jon’s brother James recently went on a Walt Disney World vacation and we spoke with him about it. As I mentioned in our last episode, Jon is a little preoccupied with the newest addition to his family so I have been going back in the TWTM archives to find some content that we haven’t released before. This is a recording that we made back in May and didn’t know what to do with it. We recorded this through speaker phone so apologies if the quality is not great at times but we hope you will still get some enjoyment out of it. Also, just to let you know, this episode begins as a trip report and then kind of goes all over the place. We talk about attractions, restaurants, and other random Disney topics. It is our intention to get James and my brother on the show to talk about Disney past and present. Let us know what you think and we will get back to our regular schedule soon!
Today on the show we are putting out Part one of our deep dive into the menus for the 2018 Epcot international Food & Wine festival! This was originally going to be one big long episode but we haven’t been able to record the whole thing yet because Jon’s daughter Olivia decided to discover America a few weeks earlier than expected. Everyone is doing well but obviously Jon is a little preoccupied with more important things this week! We will finish up with part two soon and get back to our regular schedule. In this episode we start going through the menus in alphabetical order and decide which items we are most looking forward to trying. The Epcot food & wine festival runs from August 30th through November 12th!
Today marks our one year anniversary! Time sure does fly when you are having fun! On this episode we talk about the latest Disney news and rumors.
The topics are:
- New Antman based attraction coming to Hong Kong Disneyland
- Chicken Guy is set to open this month at Disney Springs
- Disney plans to remove all plastic straws by mid-2019
- Is Disney designing a new app to help guests take photos?
- Ziploc is now the official sponsor of Splash Mountain
- Disney announces casting for live action Lady and the Tramp movie
- Fox board approved of Disney acquisition in less than 15 minutes
- Disney is developing a flexible speaker that can be hidden in objects
- Cast announced for Star Wars episode 9
- V.I.Passholder event details announced for Magic Kingdom
- New permits hint at major changes coming to illuminations at EPCOT
- DVC members can enter the park 2 hours earlier for the Halloween Party
- Pet friendly policy has been made permanent at select Walt Disney World resorts
- Production has begun on the new Jungle Cruise film
- New spaceship installed at Galaxy’s Edge
To day we are talking all about Disney Springs! We discuss the past present and future of this area. Originally opened as the Lake Buena Vista shopping village in 1975, This area has seen a lot of changes over the years. Mostly during the late 80’s and of course the recent changes that transformed this area from Downtown Disney into Disney Springs. Jon and I talk about some of our earliest memories here which includes a character meal at the Empress Lilly restaurant (now Paddlefish). Below is the photo from 1983 where Pluto jumped into Jon’s Dad’s arms (can you imagine this happening today?)
There is so much to see and do here that it is worth your time to come to Disney springs at least for a half-day.
Today’s news topics include:
- Bugs Land Closing Date
- Club 33 photo leaked (link)
- (Rumor) a bar could be coming to Mickey and Friends Parking deck Disneyland
- Comcast officially backs out of 21st Century Fox acquisition
- Toy story land dealing with new issues
- James Gunn fired from Guardian’s 3 because of old tweets
- New Magic Band Touch-points at Walt Disney World
- Minnie van expands service to Port Canaveral
- Q2 injury report for Florida Theme Parks
In Episode 130, Jon and I have a discussion on Disney Trip planning…specifically, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. We give our strategies on planning fast passes, dining reservations, and what items that are helpful to bring on a Disney vacation. We give some insight on what we believe are important things to consider when Disney trip planning. We’ve both booked Disney vacations on short notice and also up to a year in advance so we have you covered!
Today’s News topics include:
- Guardians roller coaster show building will not be themed at EPCOT
- Avengers Infinity War release date on Blu-ray and digital + life-hacks with Jon
- Passholder playtime event for Toy Storyland sold out in 3 hours
- Disney After hours event received a lot of media attention
- Update on the cause of death for a Disney World castmember
- Padme visits the planet Batuu (galaxy’s edge) in a new Star Wars novel
- Interesting suggestion to replace Stich’s Great Escape with Incredibles show
- Major power outage at Hollywood Studios
- Best Western Disney Springs is expanding
- New three caballeros merchandise at Mexico pavilion…No more Coco redesign?
Then we do some news stories at a harefooted pace that include:
Frozen 2 casting announcement, Winnie the Pooh, Figment, Tower of Terror, new Cast member parking lot Pizzafari, Wreck it Ralph, Dessert parties, giant hot dogs and Disneyland’s 63rd birthday!
In this episode…I walk through my recent trip to Walt Disney World. The primary purpose of the trip was to visit Toy Story land. I talk more in depth on Toy Story land in Episode 127 but this episode focuses on the entire trip. I talk about our stay at the Yacht club and all of the activities that we experienced at the resort. I also go over the meals that I had this time which includes another trip to California grill at the Contemporary! (My favorite place to eat on property right now) I also give some construction updates and a few tips on Fast Passes and Photo Pass.
Today we discuss the latest Disney news and then we talk about our experience at Toy Story Land! I recently visited Toy Story Land to get a first hand look at everything and experience as much as it has to offer. I give my thoughts on Slinky dog dash, Alien Swirling saucers, Woody’s Lunchbox and the overall theme of the land.
But first, here are the news topics we discussed:
- Projection mapping technology coming to Disney hotel rooms?
- The new restaurant coming to the Japan pavilion is under construction
- Candlelight processional narrators anounced
- Company-wide network outage causes issues with my Disney experience app
- New casting announced for Star Wars Episode 9
- Expedition Everest could be getting the much needed refurb that it deserves
- Walt Disney World cast member tragically dies
- Disney announces some changes to upcoming movies
Today we are doing our resort tour of Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort! This resort is one that Jon and I both stayed at together. However, it was 26 years ago…I guess we need to plan our return visit to this resort soon. Jon has visited the resort recently and we have had friends and family who have stayed at the resort recently as well. We give you an overview of all of the amenities and special things that this resort has to offer. We also give an update on the massive construction going on in this area….There’s construction on the resort itself, the Disney Skyliner, and the Riviera resort which is just footsteps away. This is Walt Disney World’s original moderate resort and the only one to be considered an EPCOT moderate resort.
Today’s news topics include:
- Justice department approves of Disney’s bid for 20th Century Fox
- Nets have been placed above walkways on Swiss Family Treehouse
- $299 event at Pixar Pier…was it worth the price?
- The Disney Play App is now available
- Toy Story Land opening day saw large crowds
- Disney is working on new technology to simulate Star Wars laser blasts
- It’s rumored that Disney is also working on hologram technology for Galaxy’s Edge
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy to open at Hollywood Studios in 2019
- New Image Unveiled for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Incredibles 2 holds the number 2 spot at the box office
- New permits reveal how Star Wars hotel will connect to Galaxy’s Edge
- New photos suggest that construction is beginning on Mission Space restaurant
- Disney’s Magical Express buses will get a new look
- New interactive Coco exhibit debuts at the Mexico pavilion
It’s summertime so that means it is time to start thinking about Halloween? If you’re a Disney fan it is! We are previewing the new experiences coming to the 2018 Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party! This year we are getting some unique experiences from new lighting and sound effects to a new dance party. There are new things for the whole family this year. I think we are most excited about the new experience coming to Pirates of the Caribbean! Start making your plans now because the Halloween party is on select nights from August 17th through Halloween night.
Today we give our review for the Incredibles 2! The first 8 minutes is spoiler free so if you haven’t seen it yet you can pause it there. The rest of the time we spend going through the different parts of the movie that stood out to us for various reasons. We also give our thoughts on whether or not you should bring younger children to see this movie. There are some scenes that can be intense for some viewers and if you or anyone in your family have certain medical conditions be aware that there is a pretty intense strobe effect in the film. Overall we enjoyed it and we think you will too.
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney announces the new heads of Pixar and Disney Animation studios
- Fox approves of Disney’s newest bid for 20th Century Fox
- Lucasfilm denies rumors that Star Wars spin off films have been put on hold
- Pixar Pier opens at Disney’s California Adventure
- World of Color delays return at least until the end of the year
- Toy Story Land opening this week
- First Skyliner vehicle spotted on Disney property
- Frozen Ever After will be duplicated in Hong Kong and Paris
- Inside out attraction coming to Pixar Pier
- Fourth of July fireworks schedule for Magic Kingdom
- Person suing Disney for plagiarism for Inside Out script
Today Jon and I have another round of Disney Pros and Cons! This is the game where we randomly select something from Walt Disney World and one of us will list the pros and the other has to list the cons. This time we added restaurants and resorts to the list as well. The way it works is that we use a random number generator that we match to a number on our list of attractions, dining locations, and resorts. We go through several rounds and see who can make the best arguments for or against something.
In today’s episode I discuss my recent trip to New York city and talk about my experiences at Coney Island and the Bronx Zoo. I compare the two experiences to Disney and compare the similarities. For instance, Disney’s boardwalk is inspired by Coney Island and I believe that Animal Kingdom also took some inspiration from the Bronx Zoo as well. If you find yourself in the New York area I highly recommend the Bronx Zoo!
Today’s news stories include:
- New hotels to be built at Flamingo crossings near Disney
- The updates to Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
- New alcohol infused frozen coke machine at Art of Animation
- New animated series based on the Rocketeer is coming to Disney jr.
- The Magic Kingdom omnibus will be out at night during the summer
- Comcast makes and all cash bid for 20th Century Fox
- Tokyo Disney Sea is getting new Peter Pan, Tangled and Frozen attractions
- Incredibles 2 breaks box office records during opening weekend
- Cast member previews have started for Toy Story Land
- Bus wait times are now part of the My Disney Experience app
In Today’s episode Jon and I preview the 2018 Food and Wine festival! This year the festival is 75 days starting at the end of August and ending in mid-November. We give a general overview of the festival and share some of our tips and experiences from our times visiting during Food and Wine. We share what we currently know about the new things coming to this year’s festival! Be on the lookout for future episodes on Food and Wine once we know more details.