Episode 253: Jason recently returned from his first Disney Cruise! He walks us through his experience on a 3 night cruise with a stop at Castaway Cay. We get into a review of the food and entertainment on board the ship. He talks about his experience on Castaway Cay and how to have adult time on a cruise with Kids! He also book ended his cruise with some stops at Walt Disney World. He did a pre-cruise attempt at Rise of the Resistance with a tight window of time. After the cruise he went to Epcot to check out some of the new shows and to experience Festival of the Arts.
Episode 252: Today we just have a random Disney discussion. We discuss the latest Disney news and have some random things mixed in. For example, Jason has an idea for a Magic Kingdom challenge where you would ride every ride multiple times…but how many times do you think you could ride each ride in a single day? We also discuss some potential strategies to complete this challenge. We also talk about ride closures, construction updates, a roaming R2D2, Festival of the Arts, and Disney Oscar chances this year. Later this week Jason will be embarking on his first Disney cruise but he is also going to try and make it on Rise of the Resistance before his cruise. Will he make it in time? Stay tuned to find out!
This week on the show we cover the news but we also wanted to do something unique and fun. We hold our first ever Walt Disney World Fantasy Draft. We each select 5 Attractions, 1 quick service restaurant, 1 table service restaurant, 1 resort, a character meet & greet, a nighttime spectacular and a bonus attraction. We each had different strategies when forming our new park and We all ended up with some good picks but it is up to you to decide the winner! Click here to take another look at each of our parks and to cast your vote! During the episode we each make our case as to why you should vote for our park so be sure to listen to the episode as we make our selections and pander for your vote!
Episode 238: We discuss the latest Disney news and Talk about what it’s like to go to Walt Disney World without kids! That’s right Jason and I just returned from a trip with our wive’s and no kids. We talk about what it’s like to go to the Food & Wine festival and eat at signature restaurants without children. I’m not going to lie, it was kind of awesome. We crammed a lot into a weekend trip and we ate a lot of food and had a lot of drinks. We spent time at all 4 parks and had a very memorable dinning experience at Monsieur Paul at the France pavilion! Jason and his family are now DVC members! Look for a DVC episode coming up soon.
Episode 237: The Disney Skyliner crushed it on it’s first week. (Literally) We discuss what this means and will it be open in time for any of us to ride it this weekend? Also, another Monorail gets a new interior and a moderate refurbishment. We also give our thoughts on Epcot Forever and the end of Illuminations. Adam and Jason will be in the parks this week for the Food and Wine festival. We discuss some possible challenges for us to do in response to donations for our give kids the world donation page
Episode 233: In this episode Jon is coming to us live from Gran Destino Tower. He took some time out from his trip to talk some Disney news with us and give us some live updates from the ground at Walt Disney World. We discuss some construction updates and Get Jon’s thoughts on Galaxy’s Edge. Look for a more detailed trip report coming up!
Epsidoe: 231 – Today we are breaking down all of the major news that came out the recent D23 expo! We cover the major news from Disney Plus to the new announcement for Disney Parks around the world. We then focus on the many upcoming and ongoing changes to Epcot. We conclude by each giving our top 3 things to come out of this year’s D23! Let us know what you are most excited about.
Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Episode 228: Today we discuss everything from loaded Blue and Green milk at Hollywood Studios to our recap of the Give Kids the Rides event on July 24th! We also give some construction updates at Walt Disney World. Primeval Whirl continues to have delays on its re-open…And there was another Parkeology completion this past week. All this and more!
Episode 218: Today we are recapping our recent Parkeology run from June 1st! For anyone not familiar with this challenge, we attempted to ride every ride in all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks in 1 day. We attempted the challenge for the first time back in March and came up short. On our second attempt we had 2 additional rides to complete but we also had 2 more hours in the day. This day produced a lot of fun and a lot of drama…Our run literally came down to the last minute!
Episode 217: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland! We give our thoughts on what the new land has to offer and what we are looking forward to experiencing ourselves. We do talk about some other Disney news as well like the new fireworks show coming for the Christmas party, a new Toy Story meet and greet, more Epcot rumors and construction updates!
Episode 206: Today we answer the age old question…How do I decide which Walt Disney World theme park to visit for each day of my vacation? We talk about the factors that go into making that decision. We try to break down those factors in a simple way to help make the choice a lot easier. We know that there are a lot of complexity to planning a Walt Disney World vacation but if you take some time to do a little research then you can save time and money but more importantly add more fun to your vacation!
Episode 203: Today we cover the most recent Disney news.
Here are the top 5 stories:
- New high-speed rail line could connect Walt Disney World and Miami
- Is it possible that Mickey and Minnie’s Runnaway Railway will be delayed until 2020?
- Disney resorts are now charging a fee for in room delivery services
- Tickets are now on sale for this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- A lot of new information on changes coming to Epcot came out this week
Also, We cover these stories this week
- Skyliner is now testing with live people on board
- for $200 you can have lunch with Joe Rhode at Animal Kingdom
- New nighttime shows are coming to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Part of Tomorrowland received a new paint job recently
- Spitting Camel outside of Magic Carpets of Aladdin was recently removed
- Guest experience team is now coming to Hollywood Studios
Link: Episode 190 Horizon’s
Episode 198 – Today we are covering the past 50 years of Walt Disney World history starting with 1969 and the skipping to the next decade sort of in a carousel of progress type of way. We are only focusing on the major events of the year ending in 9 for that decade. From 1969 we jump to 1979 and then 1989, 1999, 2009 and finally recapping the current year 2019. It is remarkable to see the major changes that take place in each decade. This is a fun way to look at Walt Disney World History.
Episode 197 – Here are the news topics for today
- The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is getting an update
- Will the Skyliner open earlier now that Galaxy’s Edge will be open in August?
- New Bus Station is open at Hollywood Studios
- James Gunn has been reinstated as the director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- A new film called Awesome Planet is coming to the old Circle of Life Theater in Epcot
- A new fireworks show will be replacing HalloWishes this Halloween season
- The moat around Cinderella Castle has been drained at Magic Kingdom
- The Walk Around the World Bricks will soon be removed
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will re-open this summer
- Some theme park hours have been extended for April
- Hollywood Studios parking lot sections have been renamed after Disney Characters
- The Disney 21st Century Fox merger is now official
- Toy Story 4 trailer dropped this week
- Disney Play app will transform to interactive app while in Galaxy’s Edge
Episode 191 – It’s time to discuss the latest Disney news!
Here are today’s topics
- Height requirements revealed for Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Guests visiting Oga’s Cantina at Disneyland will not be allowed to leave with alcoholic beverages
- Construction updates for Epcot and the Skyliner
- What is the future of the X-Men movie franchise?
- Disney files permits for Future Construction projects
- Hei Hei Dole Whip cone is finally available at Magic Kingdom
- The DVC point requirements have been released for Rivera resort
- Flower and Garden Festival topiaries are already springing up at Epcot
- Some notable repairs have been made to Disney attractions
- Epcot will get a redesigned entrance area
- The former Wonders of Life Pavilion is being transformed into a new “play” Pavilion
Horizon’s opened back in 1983 and is one of the best attractions that Disney ever created! today on the show we go into the history of the attraction and walk through each part of the ride. This is one of our personal favorite attractions and we were sad to see it go. There is a whole community centered around the love for this attraction and the hope of one day Disney bringing it back in some form. We also mention a documentary about 2 friends who loved this attractions so much that they spent a lot of time documenting the attraction and found a way exit the ride vehicles and sneak through the attraction without being noticed. We highly recommend this documentary called Remain Seated Please
Other links mentioned in the episode
Today’s episode is about the Parkeology Challenge. This challenge involves riding every ride at all four Walt Disney World Parks in one day. There are a lot of rules and regulations around this challenge in order for it to be considered official. There are currently 49 attractions that are considered rides at Walt Disney World. I go into the list and explain constitutes a “ride” in the challenge. We wrap up by going through some of the strategies that can be used to take on this challenge. I will be taking part in this challenge on March 9, 2019. Make sure to follow @TWTMPodcast on twitter to follow along with us! www.parkeology.com
Let’s talk Disney news!
- Maleficent dragon returns to the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom
- Construction updates for Mission Space Restaurant and Guardians coaster
- Annual Passholder suing Disney over scooter incident at Epcot
- It is Rumored the Millennium Falcon attraction will have a single rider line
- Disney movie line-up for 2019
- Some maintenance issues at Disney World have been fixed after internet story
- New details on the ride vehicles for the Disney Skyliner
- Disney Princess breakfast adventures are coming to Napa Rose at the Grand Californian hotel
- New rare character meet & greets at Town Square in the Magic Kingdom
- Worker at Hoop-Dee-Doo diagnosed with Hepatitis A
- New $12k per day VIP tour available at Walt Disney World
In this episode, I discuss my recent Walt Disney World trip. This time I stayed at Pop Century resort and I give my opinion on my first stay at this resort. I also had 2 meals at the Japan pavilion at Epcot. Both were very good but all things considered I liked one a little better than the other. I also had a very special experience on Kilimanjaro Safari…We were there the day that a giraffe gave birth. Also, I discovered a nice quiet spot to view the Happily ever after fireworks at Magic Kingdom. This trip was also my first time visiting over a marathon weekend. I have some tips one how to make the most of the time if you are not involved with the marathon.