Episode 324: Today we recap the latest Disney news and Jason weighs in with his thoughts on the Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser announcements. We cover some other news like the first Boo Bash and what we think of it compared to the Halloween Party. Is it worth the hefty price tag? We also start talking about some of the recent job posting that Disney has been hiring for at Walt Disney World. Some of those include Monorail cast members and Skyliner cast members. That got us thinking, if we could have any cast member job at Disney…What would it be? We give some updates to the Scarlet Johannsen Disney legal battle and we reveal that we scored a passholder preview for Remy’s Ratatouille adventure at Epcot. We wrap up the show by hearing from Jason on if he think the Galactic Starcruiser is worth it.
Episode 318: Today we cover the rapidly evolving Disney park news! Covid restrictions are being rolled back faster than the launch at Rock n’ Rollercoaster. We highlight some notable ones like the monorail no longer has dividers as well as other attractions like Jungle Cruise. Distancing Markers are nowhere to be seen except for the impressions the left in the pavement. (Perhaps a little something to remember them by for years to come) In other new, Boo Bash is starting to sell out even though the price is higher and the experience is more limited than the Halloween Party was. With all of the things going back to normal, we point out the noticeable absence of Fastpass and it can’t help but make us wonder…is a paid system just around the corner? Perhaps the biggest news of the week is that Fireworks are coming back! You thought I was going to say that the noodles are back at Ohana, didn’t you? Those are back too, but FIREWORKS! I am very excited to see some Happily Ever After again! We wrap up the show by examining an article about what resorts to guests tend to repeat visit more than others. We look at each resort category and see which resorts rise to the top of the list.
Episode 316: In this episode we talk some Disney news and then preview an upcoming trip to Walt Disney World this weekend! We start with some Disneyland news…Soon out of state guests will be welcomed back. Also, Disneyland’s newly reimagined Jungle Cruise will be opening in July. The big news of the week out of Disneyland however, is that the Spiderman Adventure attraction will require a boarding group once it opens. This means that guests will have to choose between Spidey and Rise of the resistance at the start of the day. In Disney World news, we continue to see restrictions lifted and talks of capacity expanded. It looks like Minnie Vans could be returning and the monorail had a Badger problem. After the news, Jason and I discuss our upcoming trip this very weekend to Walt Disney World. We are trying out a DVC resort and are staying together in a 2 bedroom villa. Look out for us on social media this weekend!
Episode 275: Today on the show we discuss some news and the results of our recent social media polls! We caused quite the debate with our poll on which side to start with when visiting World Showcase at Epcot. Do you start with Mexico or Canada? We discuss the differing opinions and give our thoughts. We also had a poll last week where we asked which form of transportation would you most like to ride for fun…The Monorail or the Skyliner. We discuss the results of that poll as well. In the news, Walt Disney World is re-opening as we speak and the early results so far have been positive. There was a huge mistake this week with erroneous charges to annual passholders that had to be reversed. We also discuss the precautions that Disney has made to try and make the parks as safe a possible.
Episode 244: Today Jon and I are holding down the fort as Jason is unavoidably detained this week. We cover some Disney headlines like the new poster for Mickey and Minnie’s Runnaway Railway and some new things coming to The Festival of the Arts in January. We also discuss yet another new rumor about possible monorail upgrades coming to Walt Disney World. We then shift our focus on Disney+ and give our thoughts one some of the original content that launched with the service. We also ponder why certain titles didn’t make it to Disney+ at its launch. Is there a title that you were wanting to see that isn’t on Disney+ yet?
Episode 237: The Disney Skyliner crushed it on it’s first week. (Literally) We discuss what this means and will it be open in time for any of us to ride it this weekend? Also, another Monorail gets a new interior and a moderate refurbishment. We also give our thoughts on Epcot Forever and the end of Illuminations. Adam and Jason will be in the parks this week for the Food and Wine festival. We discuss some possible challenges for us to do in response to donations for our give kids the world donation page
Episode 223: Today we talk the latest Disney news and preview Jason’s July 4th Parkeology Run! We discuss the feud between Disney Parks Blog and WDW News Today over some rumors that were debunked about Country Bear Jamboree and The Enchanted Tiki Room. Monorail Silver has received a new pain job and interior but what does this mean for the rest of the aging monorail fleet? The Liberty Inn is being replaced at the American Adventure in Epcot. I also give an update on my adventure trying to order a premium magic band for $10. We then preview Jason’s Parkeology Run on July 4th. Follow along with him @sirpoovey on Twitter! I promised to buy him a hot dog at Casey’s when he finishes his run. Let’s all wish him good luck and well wishes!
Before blazing into 2019 with our mickey ears flapping in the wind, we decided that on this last day of 2018 to take a look back over the news stories from the past 364 days that stood out the most to us. We begin the episode with one of the latest news stories that we just had to mention, the apparent theft of the Buzzy animatronic from the wonders of life pavilion at Epcot. After that we discuss the major news events of the year and take a look at the top stories from each month in 2018. The common themes from this year were monorail issues, price increases and a lot of construction. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store in the world of Disney. We will preview the coming year next week. Happy new year everyone!
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
Today’s News topics:
- Annual Passholders now have to show ID for Disney Parking
- Completed Millennium Falcon is now at Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge
- Joey Fatone will now be the narrator for the Christmas Candlelight processional
- Gardian’s Coaster track now being installed
- Monorail has another incident this time the doors wont open for several stops
- Disney Bus crash sends 15 to the hospital
- New high speed rail proposal could include a stop at Walt Disney World
- Disney Skyliner testing seen at Caribbean Beach resort
- Disney After Hours debuts at Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland is cracking down on Merchandise re-sellers by revoking annual passes
- Tokyo Disneyland’s new Beauty and the Beast attraction looks amazing
Today’s news topics:
- Disney caught up in theme park lawsuit against 20th century fox
- It’s rumored that Winnie the Pooh may be replaced at Shanghai Disneyland
- Renderings of new tower rooms at Coronado Springs resort
- Estimated ride times on the Disney Skyliner
- Walt Disney World Railroad will close December 3rd
- New Trailer for live action Lion King released
- Ralph breaks the box office this weekend
- Keanu Reeves will be in Toy Story 4
- Rumor, Disney hasn’t ordered new monorails?