Episode: 319. We take a look at what is coming to Walt Disney World on their 50th Anniversary! We also cover some other news and we take a trip back to 1971 and we ask the question…What you rope drop at Magic Kingdom if you could go back to 1971? We also ask another interesting question, If you could go back to anytime during the 50 year history of Walt Disney World, what year would you choose to visit? That’s a tough question! In the news, Jon and I both saw Luca recently so we give our review of it. The Incredibles themed rooms at the contemporary look…nice. Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Indiana Jones 5 and the jungle cruise continues to add new scenes during their operating refurbishment. A fast pass kiosk was uncovered and turned on at Magic Kingdom so naturally it got people wondering if it is coming back. In Disneyland new, their Rise of the Resistance saw a record breaking number of boarding groups called. I was shocked when I saw the number. Can Hollywood Studios catch up to Disneyland’s numbers?
Episode 318: Today we cover the rapidly evolving Disney park news! Covid restrictions are being rolled back faster than the launch at Rock n’ Rollercoaster. We highlight some notable ones like the monorail no longer has dividers as well as other attractions like Jungle Cruise. Distancing Markers are nowhere to be seen except for the impressions the left in the pavement. (Perhaps a little something to remember them by for years to come) In other new, Boo Bash is starting to sell out even though the price is higher and the experience is more limited than the Halloween Party was. With all of the things going back to normal, we point out the noticeable absence of Fastpass and it can’t help but make us wonder…is a paid system just around the corner? Perhaps the biggest news of the week is that Fireworks are coming back! You thought I was going to say that the noodles are back at Ohana, didn’t you? Those are back too, but FIREWORKS! I am very excited to see some Happily Ever After again! We wrap up the show by examining an article about what resorts to guests tend to repeat visit more than others. We look at each resort category and see which resorts rise to the top of the list.
Episode 293: There was quite a bit of news to discuss this week. Mickey Mouse had a birthday and so did our very own Jon…We discovered that he and Mickey are exactly 50 years apart in Age. We did get a few updates on attractions that are under construction. The biggest update was from the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster coming to Epcot. We got to see the train in action, as well as a peek inside the massive show building for the coaster. Josh D’Amaro confirmed that Ratatouille will be opening in 2021 and that the retheme of Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog will be happening sooner than later. We mention 2 stories this week from teenagers doing dumb things at Walt Disney World and getting caught for it. We wrap up the news with stories that broke Dis Twitter this week. The new McDonalds toys, Testing of Fireworks at Magic Kingdom, and Figment got a new sweater! Jon gives us some details on his upcoming trip so be looking for his trip report after Thanksgiving. We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday….Wear a mask!
Episode 197 – Here are the news topics for today
- The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is getting an update
- Will the Skyliner open earlier now that Galaxy’s Edge will be open in August?
- New Bus Station is open at Hollywood Studios
- James Gunn has been reinstated as the director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- A new film called Awesome Planet is coming to the old Circle of Life Theater in Epcot
- A new fireworks show will be replacing HalloWishes this Halloween season
- The moat around Cinderella Castle has been drained at Magic Kingdom
- The Walk Around the World Bricks will soon be removed
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will re-open this summer
- Some theme park hours have been extended for April
- Hollywood Studios parking lot sections have been renamed after Disney Characters
- The Disney 21st Century Fox merger is now official
- Toy Story 4 trailer dropped this week
- Disney Play app will transform to interactive app while in Galaxy’s Edge