Episode 390: In this episode of Traveling with the Mouse, we dive into the exciting new developments at both Disneyland and Disney World. First up, Tron Light Cycle Run…Disney has released new information regarding its rider experience. Not only will there be lockers for riders to store their loose items, but an on-ride photo will also be available to capture the excitement of the journey. Next, we take a closer look at Woody’s Roundup Rodeo BBQ, the new dining experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The family-style menu has been revealed. We discuss what we look forward to trying but the real test will be the price. We just hope that it will be on par with other family style restaurants like Liberty Tree Tavern. Runaway Railway has finally opened at Disneyland there are some slight differences between the Disneyland and Hollywood studios versions.
Splash Mountain closes at WDW
Episode 389: Today the gang is all back together and we discuss the latest Disney news! Splash Mountain is now closed at Walt Disney World and work on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure has already begun. We discuss that and how people are reacting to the new Parking lot sections at Epcot. Enchanted Tales with Belle is finally returning as is some more meet and greets that previously hadn’t returned since covid. Is this finally everything that has been closed since covid started nearly 3 years ago? We learned that Bob Chapek got a $20M severance package. The Starcruiser is starting a non-discount, discount promotion. It is still having trouble filling the very expensive 2 day cruises.
Episode: 326 We catch up on the news this week and talk more about the Disney Genie. After a week to mull over the Disney Genie news we discuss how we feel about it today. In other news The monorail continues to have issues. Fingerprint scanning is back. Club cool is nearing completion. Rumors are circulating that the budget has been slashed for the Splash mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog. We really hope that these rumors turn out to be false. This leads us into a discussion about how the Chapek era so far has been a season of price hikes and decreased value. Perhaps some competition from Universal can help? Let us know your thoughts!
Disney News & Previewing Jon’s Trip to Disney
Episode 293: There was quite a bit of news to discuss this week. Mickey Mouse had a birthday and so did our very own Jon…We discovered that he and Mickey are exactly 50 years apart in Age. We did get a few updates on attractions that are under construction. The biggest update was from the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster coming to Epcot. We got to see the train in action, as well as a peek inside the massive show building for the coaster. Josh D’Amaro confirmed that Ratatouille will be opening in 2021 and that the retheme of Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog will be happening sooner than later. We mention 2 stories this week from teenagers doing dumb things at Walt Disney World and getting caught for it. We wrap up the news with stories that broke Dis Twitter this week. The new McDonalds toys, Testing of Fireworks at Magic Kingdom, and Figment got a new sweater! Jon gives us some details on his upcoming trip so be looking for his trip report after Thanksgiving. We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday….Wear a mask!
One of us tested positive for Covid-19
Episode:279. Today, we reveal that one of us has tested positive for Corona-virus. We also discuss the latest Disney News. The movie release of Mulan is coming to Disney+ for an additional fee. The Disney 3rd quarter earnings call happened this week and there’s some good and bad things that came out of it. Annual Passholders are continuing to see some extra love and attention these days with extended discounts and of course a new magnet! (one per household). The average wait times for 3 of the 4 Walt Disney world parks has gone up week by week since re-opening but one park has seen wait times go down. Could you guess which one? Splash mountain had a boat sink as well this week and had to close for a couple of days. Isn’t that the attraction to have a boat sink this year?
Episode 182 – News 1/31/19
Let’s talk Disney news!
- Maleficent dragon returns to the Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom
- Construction updates for Mission Space Restaurant and Guardians coaster
- Annual Passholder suing Disney over scooter incident at Epcot
- It is Rumored the Millennium Falcon attraction will have a single rider line
- Disney movie line-up for 2019
- Some maintenance issues at Disney World have been fixed after internet story
- New details on the ride vehicles for the Disney Skyliner
- Disney Princess breakfast adventures are coming to Napa Rose at the Grand Californian hotel
- New rare character meet & greets at Town Square in the Magic Kingdom
- Worker at Hoop-Dee-Doo diagnosed with Hepatitis A
- New $12k per day VIP tour available at Walt Disney World
Episode 145 – News 9/20/18
Today’s News Topics!
- Will the Disney Skyliner not have air conditioning?
- 2 Disney Golf courses have added a Mickey shaped bunker
- Several Longtime “citizen’s of Hollywood” are being let go at Hollywood Studios
- The Star Wars stage show at Hollywood Studios will be closed for 5 weeks
- Complimentary zip-lock bags for your electronics coming soon to splash mountain
- Price change for Minnie Vans Confirmed
- Is a Marry Poppins spinner ride coming to Epcot?
- Move it, Shake it, Dance it, Play it street party is ending at Magic Kingdom
- Hong Kong Disneyland re-opened after being closed for a Typhoon
- Illuminations will be replaced at Epcot next summer
Video Link: Disneyland 1956
Episode 60 – Frontierland
Today we are talking all things Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom! We go through the history of the land and the attractions that have come and gone through the years. We reminisce over our favorite experiences in this land from when we were kids coming here in the 80’s up to now. We talk about the food and entertainment options as well. What is your favorite thing about Frontierland?