Episode: 286 Today we talk about the latest Disney news and we have our first Disney+ movie review! In the news, we discuss the re-opening of Hong Kong Disneyland, and the landlock situation that the resort finds itself in. Epcot is testing fireworks for Harmonious and there’s some mystery construction going on at the Italy Pavilion. Out in California, Josh D’aMaro is voicing his frustrations with the state of California about the lack of guidance on re-opening the Disneyland resort. Meanwhile at Walt Disney World, the Swan and Dolphin resort is about to layoff over a thousand workers because of struggling occupancy. At the Magic Kingdom, the Tron coaster construction is moving along nicely. Finally we wrap up the news by discussing the amazing new Beauty and the Beast attraction the just opened at Tokyo Disneyland resort. This ride look incredible and we are wanting to go to Tokyo right now. After the news we give our first Disney+ movie review. We hope to make this a regular segment as we have a pretty long watchlist of Disney movies to watch! This week we give our review for The Emperor’s New Groove!
Episode: 285, Today we finally have the long awaited park challenge guest on the show! None other than Kent Mullins himself perhaps better known to the challenge community as UCFKent. We talk with Kent about his Disney fandom and of course how he got started on the Parkeology challenge and go through some of his favorite challenge completions. Kent is a 6 time challenge winner and recently took part in the tag team challenge which they completed as well. Before we get to our interview with Kent, we do discuss some Disney news. We talk about the new things coming to Disney+ this fall and we discuss what we are most looking forward too. Some equity cast members have started returning to Walt Disney World. Meanwhile, Disneyland in California is still yet to have an official re-opening date. A new Star Wars VR experience is coming and a guest was thrown out of Hollywood Studios over Disney’s mask policy. Be sure to follow along on Twitter this Sunday September 20th as we celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Jason’s parkeology completion with a special re-tweet of the entire day with Jason’s added commentary and thoughts on his very topsy-turvy day.
Episode 283: Disney released a plethora of discounts for the fall this week but are the discounts really that impressive? We give our take on several different options for a fall discount. The Polynesian Village resort is going to close until next summer and is going to receive a Moana makeover…Just how far will Disney go? Do they know the way? Will they be saying You’re Welcome after this is over? We hope so. In sad news, Chadwick Boseman passed away this week. We talk about what this means to the future of the Black Panther film franchise. Disneyland may begin their phased reopening sometime later this month and they just started construction on their version of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Disney World Annual Passholders have started receiving their “Thank You” magnets (one per household). Disney is also selling a $600 box set of NBA themed magic bands. Will anyone actually buy this?
Episode:273. That is the question. Will Disney World open on July 11th or will they push back the reopening date because of surging covid-19 cases in Florida? We know that Disneyland in California has had to postpone their opening date indefinitely. Will Walt Disney World follow? It doesn’t look like Florida is going to stand in the way of it so it will be up to Disney to decide how to proceed. We discuss this and the fact that I (Adam) made a reservation in July to go to the parks. I talk about my experience using the new park reservation system. Jason gives us and update on DVC pricing now that they have started selling again. Jon gives us an update on the status of his cruise and the new flexible options that he has to choose from. We also give our weekly construction/castle painting update. And we tease the topic of next week’s show. It will be all about Splash Mountain and the changes that were announced, so stay tuned!
Episode 270: Today Jason returns to the show and fills us in on the work that he has been doing to help combat the spread of Covid-19. He also gives us his thoughts on what the parks will be like once they reopen. We also discuss Disney’s statement regarding the unjust murder of George Floyd by a police officer. We later go into some other news around spaceship earth and what it will be like when Epcot reopens. Annual Passholders will have the option of partial refunds or date extensions when the parks reopen…but what will the restart date be? Shanghai might be an indication the extension being longer than expected.
Episode 258: On Today’s show Jason took an impromptu visit to Disneyland in California! He gives us a live trip report as he is experiencing Disneyland for the first time. Apologies in advance for the audio quality of this episode…We had to sacrifice some quality in order to bring in Jason live at Disneyland. We did discuss some news including the new Chewie mode for Smuggler’s Run that is breaking the Disney internet, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride-through details and the New Disney Cruise-line Itineraries for 2021. Don’t worry, we will cover the big news that broke this week soon!
Episode 245: The whole crew is back and we catch up on some Disney news but mostly have a conversation about what we are watching on Disney+. In the news we discuss the big opening weekend for Frozen 2, a New hotel coming to Disneyland among other things. Next week is also the Give Kids the rides event on December 4th so we preview that. We then have a fun Star Wars discussion. We are preparing for the release of The Rise of Skywalker by re-watching as many Star Wars films as we can. We end up having a lengthy discussion about Phantom Menace and somehow end up recounting all of the times someone has been dismembered by a light saber in the Star Wars saga. We hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed making it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Episode 244: Today Jon and I are holding down the fort as Jason is unavoidably detained this week. We cover some Disney headlines like the new poster for Mickey and Minnie’s Runnaway Railway and some new things coming to The Festival of the Arts in January. We also discuss yet another new rumor about possible monorail upgrades coming to Walt Disney World. We then shift our focus on Disney+ and give our thoughts one some of the original content that launched with the service. We also ponder why certain titles didn’t make it to Disney+ at its launch. Is there a title that you were wanting to see that isn’t on Disney+ yet?
Happy Friday! We have a special bonus episode for you with a special guest! Nathan Firesheets @A_Coaster_Story recently completed the #everyridecoastocoast challenge where he rode a total of 94 rides in 36 hours! He started by completing every ride at Disneyland and then hoped on a red eye flight to Orlando and rode every ride at Walt Disney World. We break down this historic run and also discuss his previous completions which among others includes an oxygen free run on Galaxy’s Edge opening day. Nathan talks about what it was like to be in the massive crowd for rope drop at Disney’s Hollywood studios on that day. Nathan also raised over $1,200 for Give Kids the World during this challenge. You can still donate through his page here
Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Episode 222: This episode is filled with too, too, too much good content! We start with some of the latest news and then go into a little game where we compare attractions that have similar ride systems. We start with Toy Story 4 and give our thoughts on the movie (no spoilers). We give some construction updates on the Disney Skyliner and Coronado Springs resort. We decided to play a game where we select two attractions at Walt Disney World or Disneyland that have similar ride systems but are not the same attraction. For example, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree vs. Alien Swirling saucers. They are basically the same ride system but are themed totally different…so which one is the better attraction? Another example is Tower of Terror and Gardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout. The rides are now very different in theme but have similar ride mechanics. Which do you think is better? Is there any that we missed during the episode that we should compare? let us know! Also, we are trying out a new schedule where we release a new episode every Wednesday and if we have any breaking news or a special topic to discuss we will release that episode at a different time during the week. Let us know what you think!
Episode 217: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland! We give our thoughts on what the new land has to offer and what we are looking forward to experiencing ourselves. We do talk about some other Disney news as well like the new fireworks show coming for the Christmas party, a new Toy Story meet and greet, more Epcot rumors and construction updates!
Episode 216: On the Eve of the opening of Galaxy’s Edge out in Disneyland we discuss more details that are coming out about the land as well as other Disney news and rumors. A lot of changes are coming to Epcot and some wild rumors are floating around. We also discuss the box office performance of the live action Aladdin film as well as some other Disney parks news.
Episode 214: Today we catch up on the latest Disney news. Galaxy’s Edge is opening soon at Disneyland and as a result we have a lot of new details on the experiences that guests will have come May 31st. We also catch up on the progress of the many construction projects going on at Walt Disney World. Things are starting to settle down for Jon and I on the personal side of things so that we can get back on schedule very soon!
Also, sorry for the audio quality this week. Still working out the kinks!
Episode 201: Disney news for April 4, 2019
- New photopass photo added to the Haunted Mansion
- There will be no standby access to Galaxy’s Edge through June 23rd
- 3 Disney Springs restaurants were involved in a credit card data breach
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel is now open at California Adventure
- Dumbo debuts at number 1 but below box office expectations
- Disney adds a Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom over the summer
- Philharmagic is coming to California Adventure
- Woody’s Roundup BBQ Dining Experience Coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disneyland Paris experienced a litter protest this week
- Typhoon Lagoon will have its first VIPassholder event
- Archive recording of Don Rickles will be used for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is now open at Hollywood Studios
Episode 193: Howdy Folks, and welcome to this episode dedicated to one of our favorite Walt Disney World Attractions…The Country Bear Jamboree! We dig into the history of this attraction and talk about its connection with Walt Disney himself. It turns out that this may have been the last attraction that Walt ever saw in development. We then go through the current version of the show and discuss our favorite songs and the memories that we have of this show. Then we take a look at the different seasonal overlays of the show and talk about what caused the Disneyland version of the show to close permanently. Whether you love it or tolerate it, there’s no question that this attraction has its place in Disney history.
Today’s news topics are mostly about Star Wars but don’t worry we pepper in other Disney news along the way…Disney released a plethora of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge news and even more is breaking today as we should find out the exact date that Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge will open…See I knew it would be [insert date here]!!!!! (Just assume that I guessed it correctly on the show)
Here are the specifics:
- Disney revealed the cast member costumes for Galaxy’s Edge
- Slinky Dog’s tails have returned to Slinky Dog Dash coaster trains
- The Joffrey’s locations at Walt Disney World are now using paper straws
- We now know what’s on the drink menu at Oga’s Cantina
- New Bus Stops at Hollywood Studios are almost finished
- Construction has already begun on new Epcot Entrance project
- New details on the Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run attraction
- New details on the Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Will Disney start selling fast passes for the Star Wars attractions?
- New details on the shops and merchandise available in Galaxy’s Edge
- Construction work has begun on the new hotel connected to the Swan & Dolphin
- Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy will make her theme park debut this spring
- Pathway between the Castle and Sleepy Hollow at Magic kingdom will be widened
- Permits filed for Innoventions East demolition at Epcot
- Disney Cruise Line debuts a reusable shopping bag
- We try to guess the opening dates for Galaxy’s Edge on both coasts
It’s our second episode of the day! In all of the valentines day fun we didn’t want to miss out on the news so here are the topics that we cover today.
- Casey Jr. Circus Splash n Play area is finally under refurbishment
- Coco street show coming to Epcot for the flower and Garden Festival
- New details on lounge opening at Rivera Resort reveals a Disney connection
- More dates added for the Early Morning Magic event at Magic Kingdom
- You can no longer modify dinning reservations on the My Disney Experience app
- Skyliner gondola testing can now be seen by guests
- The return date is set for World of Color at Disney California adventure
- Former Disney CEO and Walt Disney’s Son-In-Law passes away at age 85
- New Trailer for the Live Action Aladdin released
- Kevin from the movie UP is now a live character at Animal Kingdom
- Cinderella’s Carriage will be out at Magic Kingdom for Valentines photo opp
- Wreck it Ralph meet and greet now open in it’s new location at Epcot
- Park hours at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom have been extended for March and April
- New permanent security structure coming to the pathway checkpoint between Magic Kingdom and Contemporary
- Disney after Dark returns this year at Disneyland Resort with a Marvel Theme
Today’s news topics Are:
- New “I’m going to Disney World” T-shirts are available
- Tom Brady and Julian Edelman visit Walt Disney World after Super Bowl win
- Rumor, is Disneyland Paris getting a Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
- Rock N’ Roller coaster’s Fast Pass Entrance is moving
- Guest exits coaster train during the ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland
- Tron Coaster construction update
- Disney World brings back the VIPassholder events for Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Guest Experience teams are continuing through Spring 2019 at Magic Kingdom
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop will close for lengthy refurbishment in August
- New Trailer for Toy Story 4 released right after the Super Bowl
- Disney testing out smart speakers in hotel rooms at Yatch & Beach Club
- Rumored opening date for Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris
- Disney testing new acrobatic robot technology
- Return of the Jedi speeder bike photo opp is currently behind a wall…Maybe gone?
- Disney is closing a loophole in the Fast Pass Plus system…More Fast Passes now available
It’s the first news day of 2019! We start by talking Walt Disney World discounts! Disney just released some resort discounts for Spring & Summer as well as the free dinning offer much earlier this year than usual. We of course know that is because of Star Wars Galaxy’s edge opening in the Fall this year. There wasn’t a lot of other major news stories this week but we do discuss some minor things like…The Odyssey is now open again at Epcot, Walt Disney’s private plane has been gutted, and the rise of urban explorers on Disney Property. Finally we finish the episode by trying to predict the opening date for the major attractions coming to the Disney parks this year. Let’s see who is the best at guessing the opening dates!