Episode 222: This episode is filled with too, too, too much good content! We start with some of the latest news and then go into a little game where we compare attractions that have similar ride systems. We start with Toy Story 4 and give our thoughts on the movie (no spoilers). We give some construction updates on the Disney Skyliner and Coronado Springs resort. We decided to play a game where we select two attractions at Walt Disney World or Disneyland that have similar ride systems but are not the same attraction. For example, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree vs. Alien Swirling saucers. They are basically the same ride system but are themed totally different…so which one is the better attraction? Another example is Tower of Terror and Gardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout. The rides are now very different in theme but have similar ride mechanics. Which do you think is better? Is there any that we missed during the episode that we should compare? let us know! Also, we are trying out a new schedule where we release a new episode every Wednesday and if we have any breaking news or a special topic to discuss we will release that episode at a different time during the week. Let us know what you think!
Episode 217: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland! We give our thoughts on what the new land has to offer and what we are looking forward to experiencing ourselves. We do talk about some other Disney news as well like the new fireworks show coming for the Christmas party, a new Toy Story meet and greet, more Epcot rumors and construction updates!
Episode 216: On the Eve of the opening of Galaxy’s Edge out in Disneyland we discuss more details that are coming out about the land as well as other Disney news and rumors. A lot of changes are coming to Epcot and some wild rumors are floating around. We also discuss the box office performance of the live action Aladdin film as well as some other Disney parks news.
Episode 214: Today we catch up on the latest Disney news. Galaxy’s Edge is opening soon at Disneyland and as a result we have a lot of new details on the experiences that guests will have come May 31st. We also catch up on the progress of the many construction projects going on at Walt Disney World. Things are starting to settle down for Jon and I on the personal side of things so that we can get back on schedule very soon!
Also, sorry for the audio quality this week. Still working out the kinks!
Episode 201: Disney news for April 4, 2019
- New photopass photo added to the Haunted Mansion
- There will be no standby access to Galaxy’s Edge through June 23rd
- 3 Disney Springs restaurants were involved in a credit card data breach
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel is now open at California Adventure
- Dumbo debuts at number 1 but below box office expectations
- Disney adds a Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom over the summer
- Philharmagic is coming to California Adventure
- Woody’s Roundup BBQ Dining Experience Coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disneyland Paris experienced a litter protest this week
- Typhoon Lagoon will have its first VIPassholder event
- Archive recording of Don Rickles will be used for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is now open at Hollywood Studios
Episode 193: Howdy Folks, and welcome to this episode dedicated to one of our favorite Walt Disney World Attractions…The Country Bear Jamboree! We dig into the history of this attraction and talk about its connection with Walt Disney himself. It turns out that this may have been the last attraction that Walt ever saw in development. We then go through the current version of the show and discuss our favorite songs and the memories that we have of this show. Then we take a look at the different seasonal overlays of the show and talk about what caused the Disneyland version of the show to close permanently. Whether you love it or tolerate it, there’s no question that this attraction has its place in Disney history.
Today’s news topics are mostly about Star Wars but don’t worry we pepper in other Disney news along the way…Disney released a plethora of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge news and even more is breaking today as we should find out the exact date that Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge will open…See I knew it would be [insert date here]!!!!! (Just assume that I guessed it correctly on the show)
Here are the specifics:
- Disney revealed the cast member costumes for Galaxy’s Edge
- Slinky Dog’s tails have returned to Slinky Dog Dash coaster trains
- The Joffrey’s locations at Walt Disney World are now using paper straws
- We now know what’s on the drink menu at Oga’s Cantina
- New Bus Stops at Hollywood Studios are almost finished
- Construction has already begun on new Epcot Entrance project
- New details on the Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run attraction
- New details on the Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Will Disney start selling fast passes for the Star Wars attractions?
- New details on the shops and merchandise available in Galaxy’s Edge
- Construction work has begun on the new hotel connected to the Swan & Dolphin
- Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy will make her theme park debut this spring
- Pathway between the Castle and Sleepy Hollow at Magic kingdom will be widened
- Permits filed for Innoventions East demolition at Epcot
- Disney Cruise Line debuts a reusable shopping bag
- We try to guess the opening dates for Galaxy’s Edge on both coasts
It’s our second episode of the day! In all of the valentines day fun we didn’t want to miss out on the news so here are the topics that we cover today.
- Casey Jr. Circus Splash n Play area is finally under refurbishment
- Coco street show coming to Epcot for the flower and Garden Festival
- New details on lounge opening at Rivera Resort reveals a Disney connection
- More dates added for the Early Morning Magic event at Magic Kingdom
- You can no longer modify dinning reservations on the My Disney Experience app
- Skyliner gondola testing can now be seen by guests
- The return date is set for World of Color at Disney California adventure
- Former Disney CEO and Walt Disney’s Son-In-Law passes away at age 85
- New Trailer for the Live Action Aladdin released
- Kevin from the movie UP is now a live character at Animal Kingdom
- Cinderella’s Carriage will be out at Magic Kingdom for Valentines photo opp
- Wreck it Ralph meet and greet now open in it’s new location at Epcot
- Park hours at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom have been extended for March and April
- New permanent security structure coming to the pathway checkpoint between Magic Kingdom and Contemporary
- Disney after Dark returns this year at Disneyland Resort with a Marvel Theme
Today’s news topics Are:
- New “I’m going to Disney World” T-shirts are available
- Tom Brady and Julian Edelman visit Walt Disney World after Super Bowl win
- Rumor, is Disneyland Paris getting a Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
- Rock N’ Roller coaster’s Fast Pass Entrance is moving
- Guest exits coaster train during the ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland
- Tron Coaster construction update
- Disney World brings back the VIPassholder events for Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Guest Experience teams are continuing through Spring 2019 at Magic Kingdom
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop will close for lengthy refurbishment in August
- New Trailer for Toy Story 4 released right after the Super Bowl
- Disney testing out smart speakers in hotel rooms at Yatch & Beach Club
- Rumored opening date for Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris
- Disney testing new acrobatic robot technology
- Return of the Jedi speeder bike photo opp is currently behind a wall…Maybe gone?
- Disney is closing a loophole in the Fast Pass Plus system…More Fast Passes now available
It’s the first news day of 2019! We start by talking Walt Disney World discounts! Disney just released some resort discounts for Spring & Summer as well as the free dinning offer much earlier this year than usual. We of course know that is because of Star Wars Galaxy’s edge opening in the Fall this year. There wasn’t a lot of other major news stories this week but we do discuss some minor things like…The Odyssey is now open again at Epcot, Walt Disney’s private plane has been gutted, and the rise of urban explorers on Disney Property. Finally we finish the episode by trying to predict the opening date for the major attractions coming to the Disney parks this year. Let’s see who is the best at guessing the opening dates!
Before blazing into 2019 with our mickey ears flapping in the wind, we decided that on this last day of 2018 to take a look back over the news stories from the past 364 days that stood out the most to us. We begin the episode with one of the latest news stories that we just had to mention, the apparent theft of the Buzzy animatronic from the wonders of life pavilion at Epcot. After that we discuss the major news events of the year and take a look at the top stories from each month in 2018. The common themes from this year were monorail issues, price increases and a lot of construction. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store in the world of Disney. We will preview the coming year next week. Happy new year everyone!
In this special Christmas episode of Traveling with The Mouse we are discussing our favorite Disney Christmas experiences (past and present). We look back on our first experiences with Christmas at Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland in California. We also discuss the experiences that are no longer available as well as things that we want to do in the future. We cover all of the various Christmas activities that you can enjoy at Walt Disney World including the resorts! Lastly, we talk about what we would do if we spent Christmas Day at Walt Disney World. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
Today’s News topics:
- Annual Passholders now have to show ID for Disney Parking
- Completed Millennium Falcon is now at Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge
- Joey Fatone will now be the narrator for the Christmas Candlelight processional
- Gardian’s Coaster track now being installed
- Monorail has another incident this time the doors wont open for several stops
- Disney Bus crash sends 15 to the hospital
- New high speed rail proposal could include a stop at Walt Disney World
- Disney Skyliner testing seen at Caribbean Beach resort
- Disney After Hours debuts at Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland is cracking down on Merchandise re-sellers by revoking annual passes
- Tokyo Disneyland’s new Beauty and the Beast attraction looks amazing
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?
Here are the news topics discussed today…
- Additional cast members have been stationed at resorts in order to better collect parking fees
- The main entrance to Hollywood Studios is moving to Osceola Parkway
- Johnny Depp will no longer be part of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
- New Pins/Merchandise release for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Star Wars Path of the Jedi is now on seasonal status at Hollywood Studios
- Minnie Van services now offered to Port Canaveral
- Tony’s Town Square has an expensive add-on for the Christmas Party
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is coming to Disneyland?
In honor of Halloween this week, we are discussing the scariest attractions at the Disney Parks. We start by going through the scariest attractions that are still currently in operation. These attractions are not limited to Walt Disney World but also include Disneyland in California, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris all made the list of scary attractions. After we discuss current attractions we go through the attractions that are not longer in operation but definitely deserved a spot on this list! Can you guess what we picked as the scariest attraction of all time? Hint, It is not a current attraction.
Today’s show starts a new series where we present a Disney film or TV special that we believe had an impact on the Disney Parks in some way. I couldn’t think of a better one to start with than the Epcot film from 1966. This is Walt Disney’s last on camera appearance before his death just 7 weeks later. In the 24 minute film he outlines the plans for Disney World and specifically for Epcot which at that time was actually going to be a living breathing city of the future! This is one of my favorite films to watch on a regular basis because it is full of hidden gems and it is also fun to imagine what Epcot would have been like if Walt’s vision has been fulfilled the way he really wanted it. We break down the film into 3 parts and talk about each one. The first part focuses on Disneyland in California and presents the superior design and function of the Disneyland Park. The next few minutes Walt introduces the overall plans for Disney World. He shows a map of the magic kingdom and resort area which looks very different from what we know today. Then Walt talks about his vision for Epcot and goes into the initial planning for the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Here is the link to the full video so that you can follow along with us.
Today’s news topics are:
- Peter Pan’s Flight will close in January for a month long refurbishment
- More details about the Millennium Falcon attraction released
- First look at Jon Favreau’s new Star Wars live action series
- 2 Month refurbishment of Tom Sawyer Island will begin soon
- Construction photos leaked from former Great Movie Ride
- Anaheim Living Wage Measure Would Not Apply to Disneyland
- Constructions walls come down at Caribbean Beach Resort
- Sebastian’s Bistro menu is now available
- Jack Sparrow meet and greet is now daily at Magic Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom has limited time photo pass magic shots
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney Springs area hotels are getting Disney resort benefits through 2019
- Disney After Hours Extends Into 2019
- New Details Released for Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin’s Third Hotel Tower
- Rumored opening date revealed for Ratatouille Ride at Epcot
- New “Per Mile” Pricing Model for Minnie Van Service Being Introduced
- Stark Industries Takes Over “A Bug’s Land” at Disney California Adventure
- Spaceship Earth was closed for leaking water…Rumored to receive update
- Walt Disney World Cast Members New Union Contract, Raising Wages To $15 An Hour