Episode 258: On Today’s show Jason took an impromptu visit to Disneyland in California! He gives us a live trip report as he is experiencing Disneyland for the first time. Apologies in advance for the audio quality of this episode…We had to sacrifice some quality in order to bring in Jason live at Disneyland. We did discuss some news including the new Chewie mode for Smuggler’s Run that is breaking the Disney internet, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride-through details and the New Disney Cruise-line Itineraries for 2021. Don’t worry, we will cover the big news that broke this week soon!
Episode 245: The whole crew is back and we catch up on some Disney news but mostly have a conversation about what we are watching on Disney+. In the news we discuss the big opening weekend for Frozen 2, a New hotel coming to Disneyland among other things. Next week is also the Give Kids the rides event on December 4th so we preview that. We then have a fun Star Wars discussion. We are preparing for the release of The Rise of Skywalker by re-watching as many Star Wars films as we can. We end up having a lengthy discussion about Phantom Menace and somehow end up recounting all of the times someone has been dismembered by a light saber in the Star Wars saga. We hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed making it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Episode 244: Today Jon and I are holding down the fort as Jason is unavoidably detained this week. We cover some Disney headlines like the new poster for Mickey and Minnie’s Runnaway Railway and some new things coming to The Festival of the Arts in January. We also discuss yet another new rumor about possible monorail upgrades coming to Walt Disney World. We then shift our focus on Disney+ and give our thoughts one some of the original content that launched with the service. We also ponder why certain titles didn’t make it to Disney+ at its launch. Is there a title that you were wanting to see that isn’t on Disney+ yet?
Happy Friday! We have a special bonus episode for you with a special guest! Nathan Firesheets @A_Coaster_Story recently completed the #everyridecoastocoast challenge where he rode a total of 94 rides in 36 hours! He started by completing every ride at Disneyland and then hoped on a red eye flight to Orlando and rode every ride at Walt Disney World. We break down this historic run and also discuss his previous completions which among others includes an oxygen free run on Galaxy’s Edge opening day. Nathan talks about what it was like to be in the massive crowd for rope drop at Disney’s Hollywood studios on that day. Nathan also raised over $1,200 for Give Kids the World during this challenge. You can still donate through his page here
Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Episode 222: This episode is filled with too, too, too much good content! We start with some of the latest news and then go into a little game where we compare attractions that have similar ride systems. We start with Toy Story 4 and give our thoughts on the movie (no spoilers). We give some construction updates on the Disney Skyliner and Coronado Springs resort. We decided to play a game where we select two attractions at Walt Disney World or Disneyland that have similar ride systems but are not the same attraction. For example, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree vs. Alien Swirling saucers. They are basically the same ride system but are themed totally different…so which one is the better attraction? Another example is Tower of Terror and Gardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout. The rides are now very different in theme but have similar ride mechanics. Which do you think is better? Is there any that we missed during the episode that we should compare? let us know! Also, we are trying out a new schedule where we release a new episode every Wednesday and if we have any breaking news or a special topic to discuss we will release that episode at a different time during the week. Let us know what you think!
Episode 217: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland! We give our thoughts on what the new land has to offer and what we are looking forward to experiencing ourselves. We do talk about some other Disney news as well like the new fireworks show coming for the Christmas party, a new Toy Story meet and greet, more Epcot rumors and construction updates!
Episode 216: On the Eve of the opening of Galaxy’s Edge out in Disneyland we discuss more details that are coming out about the land as well as other Disney news and rumors. A lot of changes are coming to Epcot and some wild rumors are floating around. We also discuss the box office performance of the live action Aladdin film as well as some other Disney parks news.
Episode 214: Today we catch up on the latest Disney news. Galaxy’s Edge is opening soon at Disneyland and as a result we have a lot of new details on the experiences that guests will have come May 31st. We also catch up on the progress of the many construction projects going on at Walt Disney World. Things are starting to settle down for Jon and I on the personal side of things so that we can get back on schedule very soon!
Also, sorry for the audio quality this week. Still working out the kinks!
Episode 201: Disney news for April 4, 2019
- New photopass photo added to the Haunted Mansion
- There will be no standby access to Galaxy’s Edge through June 23rd
- 3 Disney Springs restaurants were involved in a credit card data breach
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel is now open at California Adventure
- Dumbo debuts at number 1 but below box office expectations
- Disney adds a Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom over the summer
- Philharmagic is coming to California Adventure
- Woody’s Roundup BBQ Dining Experience Coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disneyland Paris experienced a litter protest this week
- Typhoon Lagoon will have its first VIPassholder event
- Archive recording of Don Rickles will be used for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is now open at Hollywood Studios
Episode 193: Howdy Folks, and welcome to this episode dedicated to one of our favorite Walt Disney World Attractions…The Country Bear Jamboree! We dig into the history of this attraction and talk about its connection with Walt Disney himself. It turns out that this may have been the last attraction that Walt ever saw in development. We then go through the current version of the show and discuss our favorite songs and the memories that we have of this show. Then we take a look at the different seasonal overlays of the show and talk about what caused the Disneyland version of the show to close permanently. Whether you love it or tolerate it, there’s no question that this attraction has its place in Disney history.
Today’s news topics are mostly about Star Wars but don’t worry we pepper in other Disney news along the way…Disney released a plethora of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge news and even more is breaking today as we should find out the exact date that Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge will open…See I knew it would be [insert date here]!!!!! (Just assume that I guessed it correctly on the show)
Here are the specifics:
- Disney revealed the cast member costumes for Galaxy’s Edge
- Slinky Dog’s tails have returned to Slinky Dog Dash coaster trains
- The Joffrey’s locations at Walt Disney World are now using paper straws
- We now know what’s on the drink menu at Oga’s Cantina
- New Bus Stops at Hollywood Studios are almost finished
- Construction has already begun on new Epcot Entrance project
- New details on the Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run attraction
- New details on the Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Will Disney start selling fast passes for the Star Wars attractions?
- New details on the shops and merchandise available in Galaxy’s Edge
- Construction work has begun on the new hotel connected to the Swan & Dolphin
- Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy will make her theme park debut this spring
- Pathway between the Castle and Sleepy Hollow at Magic kingdom will be widened
- Permits filed for Innoventions East demolition at Epcot
- Disney Cruise Line debuts a reusable shopping bag
- We try to guess the opening dates for Galaxy’s Edge on both coasts
It’s our second episode of the day! In all of the valentines day fun we didn’t want to miss out on the news so here are the topics that we cover today.
- Casey Jr. Circus Splash n Play area is finally under refurbishment
- Coco street show coming to Epcot for the flower and Garden Festival
- New details on lounge opening at Rivera Resort reveals a Disney connection
- More dates added for the Early Morning Magic event at Magic Kingdom
- You can no longer modify dinning reservations on the My Disney Experience app
- Skyliner gondola testing can now be seen by guests
- The return date is set for World of Color at Disney California adventure
- Former Disney CEO and Walt Disney’s Son-In-Law passes away at age 85
- New Trailer for the Live Action Aladdin released
- Kevin from the movie UP is now a live character at Animal Kingdom
- Cinderella’s Carriage will be out at Magic Kingdom for Valentines photo opp
- Wreck it Ralph meet and greet now open in it’s new location at Epcot
- Park hours at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom have been extended for March and April
- New permanent security structure coming to the pathway checkpoint between Magic Kingdom and Contemporary
- Disney after Dark returns this year at Disneyland Resort with a Marvel Theme
Today’s news topics Are:
- New “I’m going to Disney World” T-shirts are available
- Tom Brady and Julian Edelman visit Walt Disney World after Super Bowl win
- Rumor, is Disneyland Paris getting a Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
- Rock N’ Roller coaster’s Fast Pass Entrance is moving
- Guest exits coaster train during the ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland
- Tron Coaster construction update
- Disney World brings back the VIPassholder events for Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Guest Experience teams are continuing through Spring 2019 at Magic Kingdom
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop will close for lengthy refurbishment in August
- New Trailer for Toy Story 4 released right after the Super Bowl
- Disney testing out smart speakers in hotel rooms at Yatch & Beach Club
- Rumored opening date for Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris
- Disney testing new acrobatic robot technology
- Return of the Jedi speeder bike photo opp is currently behind a wall…Maybe gone?
- Disney is closing a loophole in the Fast Pass Plus system…More Fast Passes now available
It’s the first news day of 2019! We start by talking Walt Disney World discounts! Disney just released some resort discounts for Spring & Summer as well as the free dinning offer much earlier this year than usual. We of course know that is because of Star Wars Galaxy’s edge opening in the Fall this year. There wasn’t a lot of other major news stories this week but we do discuss some minor things like…The Odyssey is now open again at Epcot, Walt Disney’s private plane has been gutted, and the rise of urban explorers on Disney Property. Finally we finish the episode by trying to predict the opening date for the major attractions coming to the Disney parks this year. Let’s see who is the best at guessing the opening dates!
Before blazing into 2019 with our mickey ears flapping in the wind, we decided that on this last day of 2018 to take a look back over the news stories from the past 364 days that stood out the most to us. We begin the episode with one of the latest news stories that we just had to mention, the apparent theft of the Buzzy animatronic from the wonders of life pavilion at Epcot. After that we discuss the major news events of the year and take a look at the top stories from each month in 2018. The common themes from this year were monorail issues, price increases and a lot of construction. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store in the world of Disney. We will preview the coming year next week. Happy new year everyone!
In this special Christmas episode of Traveling with The Mouse we are discussing our favorite Disney Christmas experiences (past and present). We look back on our first experiences with Christmas at Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland in California. We also discuss the experiences that are no longer available as well as things that we want to do in the future. We cover all of the various Christmas activities that you can enjoy at Walt Disney World including the resorts! Lastly, we talk about what we would do if we spent Christmas Day at Walt Disney World. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
Today’s News topics:
- Annual Passholders now have to show ID for Disney Parking
- Completed Millennium Falcon is now at Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge
- Joey Fatone will now be the narrator for the Christmas Candlelight processional
- Gardian’s Coaster track now being installed
- Monorail has another incident this time the doors wont open for several stops
- Disney Bus crash sends 15 to the hospital
- New high speed rail proposal could include a stop at Walt Disney World
- Disney Skyliner testing seen at Caribbean Beach resort
- Disney After Hours debuts at Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland is cracking down on Merchandise re-sellers by revoking annual passes
- Tokyo Disneyland’s new Beauty and the Beast attraction looks amazing
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?