Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Episode 224: In this episode we discuss Disney news and recap Jason’s July 4th Parkeology run! Now that we have all seen Toy Story 4 we discuss the film and give our thoughts. It is mostly spoiler free but there may be a few. (Ye be warned) We also talk about the opening of Gran Destino Tower over at the Coronado Springs resort. Jason and I will be staying at this resort later in the month so we will give a full review soon. We also talk about the new Disney Buses coming to Walt Disney World and the rumor that the Skyliner is opening next month. There’s also a plethora of changes coming to Epcot in the near future and we list out the things that will be closing in the next few months. Let us know if you like the longer format of these once per week shows!
Episode 220: In today’s episode Jon recaps his recent trip to Orlando with a stay at Universal’s Cabana Bay and visits to Sea World and Disney Springs. We talk about his visit to the new Sesame Street area in Sea World and his overall thoughts of the park. He then gives his thoughts on Disney Springs and has a few dinning reviews to share during his time there. He wrapped his trip up with a breakfast at Kona Cafe at the Disney’s Polynesian Village resort!
Episode 218: Today we are recapping our recent Parkeology run from June 1st! For anyone not familiar with this challenge, we attempted to ride every ride in all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks in 1 day. We attempted the challenge for the first time back in March and came up short. On our second attempt we had 2 additional rides to complete but we also had 2 more hours in the day. This day produced a lot of fun and a lot of drama…Our run literally came down to the last minute!
Episode 217: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland! We give our thoughts on what the new land has to offer and what we are looking forward to experiencing ourselves. We do talk about some other Disney news as well like the new fireworks show coming for the Christmas party, a new Toy Story meet and greet, more Epcot rumors and construction updates!
Episode 216: On the Eve of the opening of Galaxy’s Edge out in Disneyland we discuss more details that are coming out about the land as well as other Disney news and rumors. A lot of changes are coming to Epcot and some wild rumors are floating around. We also discuss the box office performance of the live action Aladdin film as well as some other Disney parks news.
Episode 215: Today we are joined by the co-founders of the parkeology challenge and the duo that completed the oxygen free challenge, Shane, Ted and Kristina! We really enjoyed the conversation that we had with them and hope to have them back on the show in the future. We discuss the origins of the parkeology challenge with Ted and Shane and then go into the planning strategy for the oxygen free completion run on April 24, 2019 with Shane and Kristina. Please check out Parkeology.com and join their facebook group and also Kristina has a website Epic Disney and a facebook group. Kristina also co-wrote a book: Macallen’s Secret: Park Studios
Episode 214: Today we catch up on the latest Disney news. Galaxy’s Edge is opening soon at Disneyland and as a result we have a lot of new details on the experiences that guests will have come May 31st. We also catch up on the progress of the many construction projects going on at Walt Disney World. Things are starting to settle down for Jon and I on the personal side of things so that we can get back on schedule very soon!
Also, sorry for the audio quality this week. Still working out the kinks!
This episode is a combination of two bonus episodes that we recorded earlier this year. We discuss the most googled questions about Walt Disney world and give our answers to those questions. Then we talk about the top 5 projects of Disney imagineer Joe Rohde. We hope you enjoy them and we will be back on our regular schedule soon!
Episode 212: Today we are going through a timeline of important events when trip planning a Walt Disney World vacation! Those events can start as early as 9-12 months in advance. We talk about the early stages of planning a trip to Walt Disney World which includes things like budgeting and selecting a resort hotel. We then go into the middle phase where you can start booking dining reservations. The final stage of trip planning includes things like selecting fast passes and last minute tips to make sure you are the most prepared that you can be. When a Disney trip is broken down into a timeline like this and can seem much less daunting!
Episode 210: Today we are joined once again by Jason as we breakdown the historic Parkeology run on April 24th where we saw the first completion of 2019 and the first ever completion of the “oxygen free” challenge where a team completed all 46 rides without using any fast passes! We also discuss a third run that wasn’t a completion but actually had the best pace of the day. We break down each run and give our thoughts on what were the pivotal moments in each one.
Episode 209: Today we are discussing everything from summer discounts to the new additions coming to Hollywood Studios!
- A variety of new discounts for this summer have been released
- New Details in Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Special treats menu has been released for the Disney Villains after hours event
- Rumor: Disney may be planning an interchangeable “black box” type attraction
- New table service restaurant is coming to Toy Story Land!
FYI News stories:
- Special Star Wars activities planned for May 4th
- Avengers End Game is breaking all kinds of box office records
- Phantom Manor has finally re-opened
- New Rule changes for Disney Parks are now in effect
Episode 208: Today we are going over when and how to make your Disney World advanced dining reservations! We discuss some of the most difficult restaurants to get reservations for and we give you some tips for grabbing those hard to get reservations. You can reserve dining 180 days from your arrival but for some like me who plan Disney trips well within that time frame there are still some ways to get those pesky dining reservations. We also have a discussion on character dining and which ones are hard to get vs. the ones that still offer a great experience but just isn’t as popular.
Episode 207: It’s that time again! We discuss the Disney news from the past week.
Here are the topics:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary details
- It is confirmed that No nighttime parade will be part of WDW 50th Aniniversary
- New details on the Villains after hours event coming to Magic Kingdom
- Possible Major spoiler for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway delayed until spring 2020
Additional News Stories
- This week we saw Skyliner evacuation testing
- Disneyland Cast members wont be able to visit Galaxy’s Edge until August
- Tomorrowland Speedway’s modification nears completion
- Major construction is going on at the entrance of 3 of the Disney theme parks
- Some Disney titles will be modified or not included in Disney Plus
Episode 206: Today we answer the age old question…How do I decide which Walt Disney World theme park to visit for each day of my vacation? We talk about the factors that go into making that decision. We try to break down those factors in a simple way to help make the choice a lot easier. We know that there are a lot of complexity to planning a Walt Disney World vacation but if you take some time to do a little research then you can save time and money but more importantly add more fun to your vacation!
Episode 205: Today we cover the latest Galaxy’s Edge news and go through the theme park Injury report for Q1 of 2019.
Here are the top stories:
- Grand Floridian new Beauty and The Beast Lounge confirmed
- Disney+ service will launch with sever original shows and a low price point
- We give our reaction to the Star Wars Episode 9 teaser
- Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge is rumored to have a time limit
- First look at the inside of a Disney Skyliner gondola
We also cover these stories:
- Pizza Rizzo is going to re-open for a short time
- The Q1 theme park injury report has been released
- Galaxy’s Edge will have special Star Wars themed Coke products
- Penguin made from recycled materials is on Display at Animal Kingdom
Episode 204: In this episode we cover the different hotel and resort options for a Walt Disney World vacation! Whether you like staying on property or prefer to stay close to Walt Disney world there are a number of things to consider. The price is obviously a big consideration but there’s also factors like, location, amenities, transportation, and theme. Disney has several categories of resorts to choose from and we help break down each one to help you decide which resort is the best one for you and your family.
Episode 203: Today we cover the most recent Disney news.
Here are the top 5 stories:
- New high-speed rail line could connect Walt Disney World and Miami
- Is it possible that Mickey and Minnie’s Runnaway Railway will be delayed until 2020?
- Disney resorts are now charging a fee for in room delivery services
- Tickets are now on sale for this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- A lot of new information on changes coming to Epcot came out this week
Also, We cover these stories this week
- Skyliner is now testing with live people on board
- for $200 you can have lunch with Joe Rhode at Animal Kingdom
- New nighttime shows are coming to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Part of Tomorrowland received a new paint job recently
- Spitting Camel outside of Magic Carpets of Aladdin was recently removed
- Guest experience team is now coming to Hollywood Studios
Link: Episode 190 Horizon’s
Episode 202: Our friend Jason joins us again on the show today to discuss everything you need to know about using the Fast Pass Plus system at Walt Disney World! We start by covering the origins of fast passes at Walt Disney World back in 1999 when paper fast passes were used. Then we continue to five years ago when the fast pass plus system was introduced. We give you our tips and strategies for how to best use the system and save the most time on your Disney vacation. Our goal was to cover all of the basics of using fast passes and then go more in depth on how to optimize and best use fast passes to minimize your waiting and maximize your fun! I am not exaggerating when I say that Jason and I almost never wait in standby lines (unless it is a short wait) because of the strategy that we outline in this episode.
Episode 201: Disney news for April 4, 2019
- New photopass photo added to the Haunted Mansion
- There will be no standby access to Galaxy’s Edge through June 23rd
- 3 Disney Springs restaurants were involved in a credit card data breach
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel is now open at California Adventure
- Dumbo debuts at number 1 but below box office expectations
- Disney adds a Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom over the summer
- Philharmagic is coming to California Adventure
- Woody’s Roundup BBQ Dining Experience Coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disneyland Paris experienced a litter protest this week
- Typhoon Lagoon will have its first VIPassholder event
- Archive recording of Don Rickles will be used for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is now open at Hollywood Studios