On Today’s episode we continue our tour of the Walt Disney World resort hotels with Disney’s Yacht club resort. We discuss the rooms, restaurants, pool and other resort amenities. Jon and I have both stayed at the Yacht club and we talk about our experiences there and how we feel about the resort when compared to the other Epcot area resorts. The rooms have recently been renovated and have a lot more storage. This resort ranks very high on both of our lists and it is definitely worth a visit!
Today’s news topics are:
- Walt Disney World Raises Snack Item Prices
- the Former Disney Junior Live is will soon be the Disney Junior Dance Party at Hollywood Studios
- PizzeRizzo is going to seasonal operation
- Sebastian’s Bistro is now taking reservations at Caribbean Beach Resort
- Stitch’s Great Escape officially closed for good
- Earl of Sandwich re-opens and Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- New Southbound Flyover ramp on World Drive will open soon
- Jake meet and greet is ending at Hollywood Studios
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will not be closed forever but will re-open in 2019
- New Details Released for the Millennium Falcon Ride..Will it have low capacity?
- First look at newly remodeled rooms at All Star Movies resort
On Today’s episode Jon and I start a new series where we go through all of the significant (and sometimes not) events that happened during a particular year in the past at Walt Disney World. We are selecting the years at Random and then going through the year that is selected and mentioning the dates where a new ride or resort opened or perhaps when an attraction closed down for good. In this episode the years 1991 and 1988 were randomly selected. The randomness keeps us on our toes because we are relying on our memory and knowledge of the events that occurred in a particular year. Let us know what you think of this format and if we should change it up any.
Here are the news topics for today:
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will abruptly close next month at Animal Kingdom
- Space Mountain’s new exit queue is nearing completion
- Rumor..is an India pavilion in the works for Epcot?
- Construction walls have been taken down for Magic Kingdom’s Club 33 location
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Interview about Disneyland alcohol sales and Star Wars films
- Comcast bids to acquire majority share hold of Sky TV
- Schedule finalized for Epcot’s candlelight processional
- Disney is changing to a New Date-Based Park Ticket Pricing Model
- Live actors are now being cut from Rivers of Light show at Animal Kingdom
In this episode, I conclude my Paris trip report and discuss the different popular sites that I visited in Paris. I give some advice on how to avoid the opportunists that frequent popular tourist areas. I also answer some of the most common questions that I was asked about the trip. Then I talk about my final day at Disneyland Paris! I got to experience their back-lot tour one last time because it will be going away soon and I didn’t give the one at Hollywood studios in Florida a proper goodbye when it closed in 2014. I rode the Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris which is very different from the ones that we know in the U.S. Parks. We ended our trip with a character meal at Cafe Mickey and I have to say it was one of, if not the best character meal I have ever done! The character interaction was phenomenal and we made a lot of great memories. I end the episode by answering the question…Would I go back?
Today I start my day by day walk-through of my recent trip to Paris, which included 3 days at Disneyland Paris. I discuss how we booked our trip and the price of Disneyland Paris compared to the U.S. Disney parks. I talk about what it’s like to commute to Disneyland Paris by train and how the train system in Paris is pretty easy to figure out. I also talk about some of the frustrations that I had with Disneyland Paris…mainly the app. I had the most expensive lunch ever at Walt’s on Main Street but the experience made it acceptable and I give my thoughts on the Ratatouille attraction that will be coming to Epcot soon! I have a lot more to discuss in Part 2 next week so don’t miss it!
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney Springs area hotels are getting Disney resort benefits through 2019
- Disney After Hours Extends Into 2019
- New Details Released for Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin’s Third Hotel Tower
- Rumored opening date revealed for Ratatouille Ride at Epcot
- New “Per Mile” Pricing Model for Minnie Van Service Being Introduced
- Stark Industries Takes Over “A Bug’s Land” at Disney California Adventure
- Spaceship Earth was closed for leaking water…Rumored to receive update
- Walt Disney World Cast Members New Union Contract, Raising Wages To $15 An Hour
Today on the show we are continuing to catch up on the Disney News for this month. It has been a busy month for both me and Jon so we are trying to cover the news stories that may have fallen through the cracks. We hope to get back to our regular schedule next week. Also, check out our social media channels for some new content from Disneyland Paris! More on that next week.
Today Jon and I discuss the character meal options at Walt Disney World. We go through each of the on property locations that are considered character meals and give our top 3 favorites. We start by talking about the character meals at the resorts and then move to the ones that are in the parks. We also talk about which ones have the best food, best atmosphere and best character interaction. Between the two of us we have done just about every character meal at Walt Disney World. Which one is your favorite?
Instead of doing a regular news story this week we decide that since we are behind on the news stories that we would just have an open discussion on the current Disney related topics that we thought were the most interesting. We start by talking about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and how we feel about the Halloween season starting in mid-August now. We then cover news topics like, the two tragic deaths that have happened on our near Disney property in the last week, Disneyland’s hotel battle with the city of Anaheim, and rumors of what attraction will replace Stich’s Great escape.
Today I go over the basics of the Walt Disney World annual Pass! I start by going over the different types of passes and the current rates for those passes. I then talk about the process of activating your pass and how to get your passholder magic bands and magnets. I also, discuss the benefits of being a passholder including, discounts on hotels, merchandise, and dinning. I talk about what I think is the best benefit…the inclusion of memory maker and some of the other smaller benefits that I think are worth mentioning. I hope that this helps you determine if an annual pass is right for you.
Today Jon and I conclude our deep dive into the menus for this year’s EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival! We released part one last Thursday so if you want to hear the complete list of all menus…go back and listen to that episode first. We have fun going through the menus and selecting one food item and one beverage that we are most interested in trying. Also, enjoy listening to us try to pronounce all of the food and drink items on the menu. I’m pretty sure we got most of them wrong.
Today we welcome our first guest to the show! Jon’s brother James recently went on a Walt Disney World vacation and we spoke with him about it. As I mentioned in our last episode, Jon is a little preoccupied with the newest addition to his family so I have been going back in the TWTM archives to find some content that we haven’t released before. This is a recording that we made back in May and didn’t know what to do with it. We recorded this through speaker phone so apologies if the quality is not great at times but we hope you will still get some enjoyment out of it. Also, just to let you know, this episode begins as a trip report and then kind of goes all over the place. We talk about attractions, restaurants, and other random Disney topics. It is our intention to get James and my brother on the show to talk about Disney past and present. Let us know what you think and we will get back to our regular schedule soon!
To day we are talking all about Disney Springs! We discuss the past present and future of this area. Originally opened as the Lake Buena Vista shopping village in 1975, This area has seen a lot of changes over the years. Mostly during the late 80’s and of course the recent changes that transformed this area from Downtown Disney into Disney Springs. Jon and I talk about some of our earliest memories here which includes a character meal at the Empress Lilly restaurant (now Paddlefish). Below is the photo from 1983 where Pluto jumped into Jon’s Dad’s arms (can you imagine this happening today?)
There is so much to see and do here that it is worth your time to come to Disney springs at least for a half-day.
In Episode 130, Jon and I have a discussion on Disney Trip planning…specifically, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. We give our strategies on planning fast passes, dining reservations, and what items that are helpful to bring on a Disney vacation. We give some insight on what we believe are important things to consider when Disney trip planning. We’ve both booked Disney vacations on short notice and also up to a year in advance so we have you covered!
Today’s News topics include:
- Guardians roller coaster show building will not be themed at EPCOT
- Avengers Infinity War release date on Blu-ray and digital + life-hacks with Jon
- Passholder playtime event for Toy Storyland sold out in 3 hours
- Disney After hours event received a lot of media attention
- Update on the cause of death for a Disney World castmember
- Padme visits the planet Batuu (galaxy’s edge) in a new Star Wars novel
- Interesting suggestion to replace Stich’s Great Escape with Incredibles show
- Major power outage at Hollywood Studios
- Best Western Disney Springs is expanding
- New three caballeros merchandise at Mexico pavilion…No more Coco redesign?
Then we do some news stories at a harefooted pace that include:
Frozen 2 casting announcement, Winnie the Pooh, Figment, Tower of Terror, new Cast member parking lot Pizzafari, Wreck it Ralph, Dessert parties, giant hot dogs and Disneyland’s 63rd birthday!
In this episode…I walk through my recent trip to Walt Disney World. The primary purpose of the trip was to visit Toy Story land. I talk more in depth on Toy Story land in Episode 127 but this episode focuses on the entire trip. I talk about our stay at the Yacht club and all of the activities that we experienced at the resort. I also go over the meals that I had this time which includes another trip to California grill at the Contemporary! (My favorite place to eat on property right now) I also give some construction updates and a few tips on Fast Passes and Photo Pass.
Today we discuss the latest Disney news and then we talk about our experience at Toy Story Land! I recently visited Toy Story Land to get a first hand look at everything and experience as much as it has to offer. I give my thoughts on Slinky dog dash, Alien Swirling saucers, Woody’s Lunchbox and the overall theme of the land.
But first, here are the news topics we discussed:
- Projection mapping technology coming to Disney hotel rooms?
- The new restaurant coming to the Japan pavilion is under construction
- Candlelight processional narrators anounced
- Company-wide network outage causes issues with my Disney experience app
- New casting announced for Star Wars Episode 9
- Expedition Everest could be getting the much needed refurb that it deserves
- Walt Disney World cast member tragically dies
- Disney announces some changes to upcoming movies
Today we are doing our resort tour of Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort! This resort is one that Jon and I both stayed at together. However, it was 26 years ago…I guess we need to plan our return visit to this resort soon. Jon has visited the resort recently and we have had friends and family who have stayed at the resort recently as well. We give you an overview of all of the amenities and special things that this resort has to offer. We also give an update on the massive construction going on in this area….There’s construction on the resort itself, the Disney Skyliner, and the Riviera resort which is just footsteps away. This is Walt Disney World’s original moderate resort and the only one to be considered an EPCOT moderate resort.
Today’s news topics include:
- Justice department approves of Disney’s bid for 20th Century Fox
- Nets have been placed above walkways on Swiss Family Treehouse
- $299 event at Pixar Pier…was it worth the price?
- The Disney Play App is now available
- Toy Story Land opening day saw large crowds
- Disney is working on new technology to simulate Star Wars laser blasts
- It’s rumored that Disney is also working on hologram technology for Galaxy’s Edge
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy to open at Hollywood Studios in 2019
- New Image Unveiled for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Incredibles 2 holds the number 2 spot at the box office
- New permits reveal how Star Wars hotel will connect to Galaxy’s Edge
- New photos suggest that construction is beginning on Mission Space restaurant
- Disney’s Magical Express buses will get a new look
- New interactive Coco exhibit debuts at the Mexico pavilion