Episode 309: Today Jon and I discuss some of the top headlines of the week and then we go through Jon’s trip report to Legoland and a park-less trip to Disney at Art of Animation. You can now go mask less for outdoor photos at Walt Disney World. There’s some more delays on Disney Cruise line. Josh D’Amaro teased some new technology coming to the Disney parks as well as a working retractable light saber?!?!? I can’t wait to find out more about that! We get into Jon’s trip report and he walks us through is experience at Legoland. It was a mixed bag of long waits but good service and food that was included with his stay. Next he stayed a few days at the Art of Animation resort to check out the newly refurbished Little Mermaid rooms. He got to have a day at the big blue pool the day that it re-opened. He also had a good meal at Art Smith’s Homecomin’ and an unforgettable dinner at the California Grill. (Recently voted by us as the best thing at Walt Disney World) He capped it all of with Dole whips at the Polynesian and some great Disney cast interaction that reminds us why Disney is still a step above when it comes to service!
Episode 191 – It’s time to discuss the latest Disney news!
Here are today’s topics
- Height requirements revealed for Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Guests visiting Oga’s Cantina at Disneyland will not be allowed to leave with alcoholic beverages
- Construction updates for Epcot and the Skyliner
- What is the future of the X-Men movie franchise?
- Disney files permits for Future Construction projects
- Hei Hei Dole Whip cone is finally available at Magic Kingdom
- The DVC point requirements have been released for Rivera resort
- Flower and Garden Festival topiaries are already springing up at Epcot
- Some notable repairs have been made to Disney attractions
- Epcot will get a redesigned entrance area
- The former Wonders of Life Pavilion is being transformed into a new “play” Pavilion
Here are the news topics discussed this week.
- Names of the Flower and Garden outdoor kitchens have been announced
- The ability to modify dinning reservations has returned to the My Disney Experience app
- New Tsum Tsum game for the Nintendo Switch
- Tower of Terror will be undergoing a partial referb through the summer
- Update on the Walt Disney World maintenance issues report
- The first teaser for Frozen 2 was released this week
- More delays with the newest Disney Springs parking garage construction
- The founder of the Disney Archives passed away this week
- Ron Jon surf shop location is coming to Disney Springs
- A guest reported having a gun pointed at them over a parking space at Animal Kingdom
- A new Moana hei hei themed Dole Whip is coming to Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom
- Star Wars Speeder bike photo opp officially removed from Hollywood Studios
- Two mystery structures are being built at Epcot and Animal Kingdom
- New Ducktales merchandise now available
Today marks the start of a new series where we are going to go through each land of the parks and talk in detail about them. We will go through the history of the land, the attractions, shops, restaurants and the theme. Today’s episode is all about Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom in Florida. We talk about our favorite attractions and our memories of this land through the years. Stay tuned for next Friday as we will be discussing Frontierland.