Episode 338: We are back after the Thanksgiving break and we decided that with all of the negative news lately that we should take a look back at some happy Disney memories that we have had over the years! But first we hit some of the latest headlines from the past couple of weeks. There was a lackluster Disney parks update from Josh D’Amaro. There are a more shakeups in the leadership of the company. (Hopefully for the better) and Disney World has stopped selling annual passes. We all saw different things on Disney+ over the break and we give our reviews. Then we get into the happy Disney memories segment. We start by talking about our favorite holiday memories at Disney and the conversation evolves from there. We hope that it will be more uplifting than what the current vibe is around the Disney community right now.
Episode 217: Galaxy’s Edge is now open at Disneyland! We give our thoughts on what the new land has to offer and what we are looking forward to experiencing ourselves. We do talk about some other Disney news as well like the new fireworks show coming for the Christmas party, a new Toy Story meet and greet, more Epcot rumors and construction updates!
In this special Christmas episode of Traveling with The Mouse we are discussing our favorite Disney Christmas experiences (past and present). We look back on our first experiences with Christmas at Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland in California. We also discuss the experiences that are no longer available as well as things that we want to do in the future. We cover all of the various Christmas activities that you can enjoy at Walt Disney World including the resorts! Lastly, we talk about what we would do if we spent Christmas Day at Walt Disney World. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
As the end of the year approaches, we thought we would go over a few smaller topics that we considered for an entire episode. For one reason or another we felt like these topics wouldn’t provide enough content for a full episode so we are going to have an open discussion on them in Today’s episode. The first topic is that of Disney lowering ride capacity for certain attractions on days with lower crowds. We get into why Disney would do this and how it is very subtle to most guests but to the keen observer it can be pretty obvious. The next topic (speaking of crowds) is about the busiest season at Walt Disney World and that is Christmas through the New Year. We talk about the crowds and how to best manage them when the park is at or near capacity. Our final topic is about driving to Walt Disney World. Jon and I both live close enough that we can get there in about 7 hours of driving. We talk about the different ways to get to there and a quicker way to pay tolls if you are a Georgia or North Carolina resident. It turns out that we could turn these topics into a full episode and we may do that in the future. Let us know what topics you would like for us to cover!
This episode details my recent Walt Disney World trip to catch the end of Food & Wine Festival as well as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for this year. This also marks my first stay and a Disney Value resort. I stayed in the Little Mermaid section of Disney’s Art of Animation. Overall I had a good experience but I look forward to checking out other Value resorts that have the newly refurbished rooms! I give my opinion on this year’s Christmas Party and list my favorite treat locations. I also have 2 new restaurant recommendations…I had exceptional meals at Enzo’s Hideaway at Disney Springs and Sebastian’s Bistro at Caribbean Beach resort. I will go out of my way to eat at these locations again!
Today’s news topics:
- Christmas is in full swing at Disney Parks
- New air body dryers at grizzly River Run feature Humphrey the Bear From Classic Disney Cartoons
- Tom Hanks Says Emotional Toy Story 4 Ending Will Be ‘A Moment In History’
- Your Google Home Mini Can Be Turned Into A Google Home Mickey
- Disney Releases five new magic band colors
- Woman leaves newborn baby with another guest at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Construction to begin soon on the new hotel tower near Swan & Dolphin
- Disney After Hours events now offered at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Full line-ups for the candle light processional
- Schedule for the ABC Christmas specials has been released
- Construction walls have come down in front of the Chinese theater at Hollywood Studios
Today’s news topics include:
- Disney confirms a New 900 room Nature-Themed Resort
- Will Pirates of the Caribbean movie series get a reboot?
- Friendship Boat Service to Epcot Suspended in November-December
- Filming Schedule released for Disney’s Christmas day special
- Jungle Cruise Movie Release Date Moved To Summer 2020
- Disney Patents New Rotating Car Technology for Guardians Coaster
- Bahamas Government Approves Disney’s Proposal to Purchase Second Private Port
In Episode 29 we take you through a lot of the different Christmas festivities going on at the Walt Disney World Resort this holiday season. We cover the different decorations and activities at the Parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs. There’s a lot of hidden gems to discover by exploring the entire Walt Disney World resort during the Christmas season. What are some of your favorite holiday activities at Disney? Let us know.
Jon and I prepare you for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party. We talk about our experiences from our times going to the party. We list out our favorite things about it and give our advice on how to maximize your time. Are you planning to go this year? Let us know.
Link to the Video Mentioned in the Episode: From Disney’s Sing Along Songs – Very Merry Christmas Songs