Episode 229: As always we discuss the latest Disney news & Rumors! We cover some new things exclusively coming the the Hollywood Studios version of Galaxy’s Edge. Tower of Terror has completed it’s refurbishment. Epcot’s project gamma is continuing to expand. The NBA experience is now quite operational. There was some unusual maintenance issues at Disneyland recently. And finally we preview the upcoming D23 convention in Anaheim. We give some rumors as well as our wish list of things we’d like to see announced.
Here are the news topics discussed this week.
- Names of the Flower and Garden outdoor kitchens have been announced
- The ability to modify dinning reservations has returned to the My Disney Experience app
- New Tsum Tsum game for the Nintendo Switch
- Tower of Terror will be undergoing a partial referb through the summer
- Update on the Walt Disney World maintenance issues report
- The first teaser for Frozen 2 was released this week
- More delays with the newest Disney Springs parking garage construction
- The founder of the Disney Archives passed away this week
- Ron Jon surf shop location is coming to Disney Springs
- A guest reported having a gun pointed at them over a parking space at Animal Kingdom
- A new Moana hei hei themed Dole Whip is coming to Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom
- Star Wars Speeder bike photo opp officially removed from Hollywood Studios
- Two mystery structures are being built at Epcot and Animal Kingdom
- New Ducktales merchandise now available
In honor of Halloween this week, we are discussing the scariest attractions at the Disney Parks. We start by going through the scariest attractions that are still currently in operation. These attractions are not limited to Walt Disney World but also include Disneyland in California, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris all made the list of scary attractions. After we discuss current attractions we go through the attractions that are not longer in operation but definitely deserved a spot on this list! Can you guess what we picked as the scariest attraction of all time? Hint, It is not a current attraction.
Today we are giving our picks for the best 3 snacks, dinning locations, and attractions for Hollywood Studios! We found that at Hollywood studios it is tough to find snacks that stand out and are also unique to this park. I think we made some solid choices that we think you will enjoy if you give them a try. Also, we ended up picking some of the same things for our dinning and attraction choices but not in the same order. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our choices!
Today we say “that’s a wrap” on our walk-through of Hollywood Studios! We begin the episode by taking a trip back in time and talk about the backlot area. This is where the studio backlot tour was located as well as Lights, Motors, Action and the streets of America. We discuss some of our favorite things that used to be located here and go into a preview of what will be coming soon to this area…Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land. We then finish our tour by walking down Sunset Boulevard. We talk about the shops, food options, attractions, and even our favorite bathrooms in this area. Join us next Friday as we begin our Tour of Disney’s Animal Kingdom!