Episode 314: Today we have 2 special guests join us! TheBrothersWDW as they are known in the challenge community, Ryan and Reagan. We chat with them about the challenge and go through some of their most exciting challenge completions. They have a lot of records and several completions during their many different challenge runs. We also ask them about the future of the challenge and if it will still be possible in the years ahead. They also give us their challenge advice. After the interview we dig into some of the news of the week. We recorded before some of the details came out around the increase in crowds and rumors of when the masks mandate will be lifted but we discuss our thoughts on when we thought that might happen. We also poke fun at the Harmonious fountain testing…we hope the show will look better than the tests.
Happy Valentine’s day everyone! In honor of this special occasion we are giving you our list of most romantic things that you can do at Walt Disney World. We go through each of the four parks at Walt Disney World and give you our most romantic attractions and reasons why we picked them. We of course go into our picks for most romantic Disney World Restaurants. There’s a lot to choose from but we pick the ones that offer the most romantic atmosphere, food, and experiences. Finally we give our picks for the most romantic experiences that you can have at Walt Disney World with your significant other. Let us know if you think we missed something on our list!
- Guests at Caribbean Beach resort are getting a complimentary Skyliner Pin
- Reopening date set for Tomorrowland Speedway in 2019
- Mystery structure being built in front of Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios
- Is the expanded early morning magic at Magic Kingdom worth the price?
- Animal Kingdom just had it’s first After Hours event
- Cirque du soleil gives a small hint into the new Disney Springs show
- Satu’li Canteen has seen some recent menu changes
- Path between Barnstormer and Space Mountain closed for Tron Construction
- Walt Disney World Railroad Limited Edition Magic Band now available
- Disneyland Paris adding Solar energy and name change for Disney Studios Park?
- Friendship Boat service to Epcot still available but on a limited schedule this month
- Phantom Manor refurbishment at Disneyland Paris delayed yet again
Today’s news topics:
- Christmas is in full swing at Disney Parks
- New air body dryers at grizzly River Run feature Humphrey the Bear From Classic Disney Cartoons
- Tom Hanks Says Emotional Toy Story 4 Ending Will Be ‘A Moment In History’
- Your Google Home Mini Can Be Turned Into A Google Home Mickey
- Disney Releases five new magic band colors
- Woman leaves newborn baby with another guest at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Construction to begin soon on the new hotel tower near Swan & Dolphin
- Disney After Hours events now offered at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Full line-ups for the candle light processional
- Schedule for the ABC Christmas specials has been released
- Construction walls have come down in front of the Chinese theater at Hollywood Studios
Today I go over the basics of the Walt Disney World annual Pass! I start by going over the different types of passes and the current rates for those passes. I then talk about the process of activating your pass and how to get your passholder magic bands and magnets. I also, discuss the benefits of being a passholder including, discounts on hotels, merchandise, and dinning. I talk about what I think is the best benefit…the inclusion of memory maker and some of the other smaller benefits that I think are worth mentioning. I hope that this helps you determine if an annual pass is right for you.
Today’s News topics include:
- Guardians roller coaster show building will not be themed at EPCOT
- Avengers Infinity War release date on Blu-ray and digital + life-hacks with Jon
- Passholder playtime event for Toy Storyland sold out in 3 hours
- Disney After hours event received a lot of media attention
- Update on the cause of death for a Disney World castmember
- Padme visits the planet Batuu (galaxy’s edge) in a new Star Wars novel
- Interesting suggestion to replace Stich’s Great Escape with Incredibles show
- Major power outage at Hollywood Studios
- Best Western Disney Springs is expanding
- New three caballeros merchandise at Mexico pavilion…No more Coco redesign?
Then we do some news stories at a harefooted pace that include:
Frozen 2 casting announcement, Winnie the Pooh, Figment, Tower of Terror, new Cast member parking lot Pizzafari, Wreck it Ralph, Dessert parties, giant hot dogs and Disneyland’s 63rd birthday!
Today’s news topics include:
- New Construction projects for Magic Kingdom Area and EPCOT area
- Maleficent Dragon Catches fire during the Festival of Fantasy parade
- Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is toning down their shenanigans
- Talking Mickey at Town Square Theater is now silent
- Toy Story Midway Mania will close for a week in June
- New Signature restaurant coming to the Japan pavilion
- New dates added for the Disney After Hours event at Magic Kingdom (See my Review here)
- Tony’s Town Square restaurant has some new menu items.
- Sifi Dine-in Theater also as new menu items
- Coronado Springs construction update
These Stories and More!
Today’s news episode includes the following topics:
- Coco wins big at the Oscars
- The first teaser for Mary Poppins Returns is released
- Disneyland Paris is getting a major expansion
- McDonald’s and Disney are teaming up for new Happy Meal toys
- Is illuminations going to be replaced soon?
- Mickey’s 90th birthday celebrations announced
- Disney After Hours events for February and March sold out
I talk about my experience attending the Disney After Hours event on February 15th. I walk through what I experienced and give some tips one what you can do to maximize your time if you are planning to go to this event in the future. I also give my opinion on if this event is worth the price tag. ($120 per person or $89 per person for AP holders or DVC Members) If you are interested in going to this event in 2018 there’s only two left. (March 1st and March 8th) Disney may or may not bring this event back next year. What are your thoughts about this event?