Episode: 284 The 2020 Christmas (party) at Disney World has been cancelled. We talk about all of the recently announced changes to the holidays at Walt Disney World this year. Which includes no Christmas parties, no candlelight processional, no gingerbread houses, and no lights on Cinderella Castle. People have gone crazy for the new Madame Leota sipper cup, Daisy Ridley spills the beans on Rey’s lineage in Star Wars, which also causes outrage. There’s a new documentary coming out called The Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Also, Jason got to see the new live action Mulan on Disney+. He gives us his review. Speaking of Disney+ reviews. We are starting a new segment where we watch something on Disney+ that has fallen through the cracks or is something older that some people may not have seen yet and we are going to give our review on it. We are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of Jason’s epic challenge completion and to celebrate on September 20th we will have a special review of that run on Twitter. Be sure to follow us if you aren’t already @twtmpodcast
In this special Christmas episode of Traveling with The Mouse we are discussing our favorite Disney Christmas experiences (past and present). We look back on our first experiences with Christmas at Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland in California. We also discuss the experiences that are no longer available as well as things that we want to do in the future. We cover all of the various Christmas activities that you can enjoy at Walt Disney World including the resorts! Lastly, we talk about what we would do if we spent Christmas Day at Walt Disney World. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
This episode details my recent Walt Disney World trip to catch the end of Food & Wine Festival as well as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for this year. This also marks my first stay and a Disney Value resort. I stayed in the Little Mermaid section of Disney’s Art of Animation. Overall I had a good experience but I look forward to checking out other Value resorts that have the newly refurbished rooms! I give my opinion on this year’s Christmas Party and list my favorite treat locations. I also have 2 new restaurant recommendations…I had exceptional meals at Enzo’s Hideaway at Disney Springs and Sebastian’s Bistro at Caribbean Beach resort. I will go out of my way to eat at these locations again!
Today’s news topics include:
- Disney confirms a New 900 room Nature-Themed Resort
- Will Pirates of the Caribbean movie series get a reboot?
- Friendship Boat Service to Epcot Suspended in November-December
- Filming Schedule released for Disney’s Christmas day special
- Jungle Cruise Movie Release Date Moved To Summer 2020
- Disney Patents New Rotating Car Technology for Guardians Coaster
- Bahamas Government Approves Disney’s Proposal to Purchase Second Private Port