Episode:273. That is the question. Will Disney World open on July 11th or will they push back the reopening date because of surging covid-19 cases in Florida? We know that Disneyland in California has had to postpone their opening date indefinitely. Will Walt Disney World follow? It doesn’t look like Florida is going to stand in the way of it so it will be up to Disney to decide how to proceed. We discuss this and the fact that I (Adam) made a reservation in July to go to the parks. I talk about my experience using the new park reservation system. Jason gives us and update on DVC pricing now that they have started selling again. Jon gives us an update on the status of his cruise and the new flexible options that he has to choose from. We also give our weekly construction/castle painting update. And we tease the topic of next week’s show. It will be all about Splash Mountain and the changes that were announced, so stay tuned!
Episode 258: On Today’s show Jason took an impromptu visit to Disneyland in California! He gives us a live trip report as he is experiencing Disneyland for the first time. Apologies in advance for the audio quality of this episode…We had to sacrifice some quality in order to bring in Jason live at Disneyland. We did discuss some news including the new Chewie mode for Smuggler’s Run that is breaking the Disney internet, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride-through details and the New Disney Cruise-line Itineraries for 2021. Don’t worry, we will cover the big news that broke this week soon!
Episode: 255 – We discuss the pressing Disney news of the day including details on Lighthouse Point (Disney’s new private island) and more on the Rise of the Resistance boarding group process. Jason is very vocally against the boarding groups and let’s us know why he is not in favor of this system. We also cover several small but interesting news stories ranging from the Super Bowl MVP’s visit to Walt Disney World to Disney releasing a theatrical version of the Broadway show Hamilton. There have also been some price increases on things lately. We discuss the new price of dessert parties and the price increase of Tokyo Disneyland park tickets.
Episode 253: Jason recently returned from his first Disney Cruise! He walks us through his experience on a 3 night cruise with a stop at Castaway Cay. We get into a review of the food and entertainment on board the ship. He talks about his experience on Castaway Cay and how to have adult time on a cruise with Kids! He also book ended his cruise with some stops at Walt Disney World. He did a pre-cruise attempt at Rise of the Resistance with a tight window of time. After the cruise he went to Epcot to check out some of the new shows and to experience Festival of the Arts.
Episode 243: Today we take a look at planning a Disney Cruise! Jason is taking the plunge and booked his first Disney Cruise. Our resident cruise expert Jon goes over the basics of a Disney cruise and answers Jason’s questions. If you are thinking of booking a Disney cruise, we hope this episode will be helpful. We also cover some of the recent Disney news like the new Holiday happenings at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and we touch on the launch of Disney+. We will cover Disney+ more extensively next week, so stay tuned for that!
Episode 199: Disney News
Here are the topics that we discussed
- Disney Cruise Line finalizes the purchase of second private island
- Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian is closing for an expansion
- Disneyland Paris reports a profit for the first time in nearly a decade
- False alarm causes minor panic at Disneyland Paris
- NBA Experience set to open August 12th at Disney Springs
- Casey Jr Splash & Soak station and Kali River Rapids have re-opened from refurbishment
- Two separate lawsuits filed against Disney for incidents on the People Mover
- Will Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway open before Galaxy’s Edge
- Disney has pulled resort discounts from Summer/Fall
Let’s Discuss the latest Disney news! Join us…Shall you?
- Ghirardelli shop at Disney Springs stopped giving out free samples…received huge backlash
- New Mickey Burger at Cosmic Rays is now available
- The list of Walt Disney World maintenance issues keeps growing
- Move it Shake it Mousekedance it! street party opens at Magic Kingdom
- Opening Date set for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Sebastian’s Bistro is ending their lunch service at Caribbean Beach
- Disney’s Rivera Resort is now available to book for late December
- Lee Unkrich is Leaving Pixar
- The new rooftop restaurant at Rivera resort will be called Topolino
- Skyliner gondolas have been spotted at Epcot and Caribbean Beach
- Zootopia Land is coming to Shanghai Disneyland
- New details on the Disney Cruise line Ship under construction
In this special Christmas episode of Traveling with The Mouse we are discussing our favorite Disney Christmas experiences (past and present). We look back on our first experiences with Christmas at Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line and Disneyland in California. We also discuss the experiences that are no longer available as well as things that we want to do in the future. We cover all of the various Christmas activities that you can enjoy at Walt Disney World including the resorts! Lastly, we talk about what we would do if we spent Christmas Day at Walt Disney World. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
In Episode 130, Jon and I have a discussion on Disney Trip planning…specifically, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. We give our strategies on planning fast passes, dining reservations, and what items that are helpful to bring on a Disney vacation. We give some insight on what we believe are important things to consider when Disney trip planning. We’ve both booked Disney vacations on short notice and also up to a year in advance so we have you covered!
This week’s news topics include:
- Disney Considers having John Lasseter return
- Toy Story Magic Bands released
- It is rumored that Disney Cruise Line is looking to buy a second private Island
- Toy Story Midway Mania is back at full capacity at Hollywood Studios
- Main Street theater project is on indefinite hold and no long in future plans
- New details on the space themed restaurant at EPCOT
- Update on Disney Skyliner construction
- Solo: A Star Wars story has a fairly low score among critics
- Galaxy’s Edge opening time frame announced for Disney Land and Disney World
- 2017 Them Park Attendance numbers have been released.
Today’s episode is part 3 of Jon’s trip report from his Disney Cruise/Walt Disney World vacation. Jon walks us through his final day at sea and goes over the various activities that are available on a Day at Sea on a Disney Cruise. Next he talks about his experience at The Beach Club Villas as well as some dinning reviews at EPCOT. On the Last day of his trip Jon talks about riding Flight of Passage and gives his review of the attraction. He concludes his trip report with an experience he had with the customer service at the Beach Club that included an ambulance ride over to Celebration hospital. Tune in for the details.
Continuing where we left off in Episode 43, Jon takes us through the next two days of his trip. This episode includes information on the dining options on a Disney Cruise as well as the day at Castaway Cay. Jon walks us through the Pirate Day activities on the cruise which includes the Pirates themed dining menu and ending the night with Pirates themed fireworks at sea. Look for Part 3 coming up next.
Jon is back from his Walt Disney World/Disney Cruise vacation. Today we talk through the first few days of his trip which started with a day at the Magic Kingdom including the Christmas Party. The second day Jon walks through the first day of the cruise. Look for Part 2 coming up in the next episode.