Episode 325: Disney finally let the Genie out of the lamp this week but is he working for Aladdin or Jafar? We break down what we think of the new paid fastpass service. Can we find a silver lining? We have known that this was coming for quite a while and now that it is here, we break down what we know about it. We are quick to say that it could certainly have been far worse in terms of the type of money grab that most people think that it is. That being said, we aren’t that happy with fastpass being a paid service now. We go through what attractions will be included in the lightning lane only upcharge for each park. Rumors are that there will be 2 attractions at each park that will require the per ride fee. We also, look at each park and decide would we pay the $15 per person fee for the Disney Genie+ service. Our answers might surprise you. In other news, I go through the list of construction projects and what we think will be the current opening time for each. We wrap up the show with a rapid fire of other news stories from the week.
Episode 264: Today, Jon and I take a look at all of the future projects that were either underway or in development before the Covid19 pandemic. We discuss whether we think they will continue as is, change significantly, or will be outright cancelled. We give our best guess as to when these projects will be completed and if some of them we even get off the ground. As we all adjust to this new normal we need to prepare for some significant changes coming to at least a few of these projects. Thanksfully some of these project are very near completion and we will hopefully still be getting some new attractions at least for the next few years.
Today on the news episode of Traveling with the Mouse we discuss the following stories…
- Latest Construction update on Tron Coaster
- Disney Purchases even more land in Osceola County near Celebration
- Disney Skyliner construction update
- Cosmic Rays main dining area and Sonny Eclipse are under refurbishment
- New DVC Kiosk at Hollywood Studios is near completion at Grand Avenue
- Walls removed around future exit for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Construction worker files lawsuit against Disney for injury at Animal Kingdom
- New credit card policy at Disney resorts will go into effect February 27th.
- Halloween Party tickets are now available to purchase
- H2O Glow Night tickets at Typhoon Lagoon available now to purchase as well
Today’s news topics include:
- Disney is now charging guests for overnight parking at their resort hotels
- The Orange Swirl is back by popular demand
- The wonders of life pavilion continues to get more refurbishments
- New areal views show construction progress of Tron coaster
- Disneyland has new Pixar packages
Today’s news stories include:
- Disney may build on the old River Country site
- Tron coaster construction is now visible from inside the Magic Kingdom
- Dates confirmed for 2018 Food & Wine Festival
- Citrus swirl at Magic Kingdom has been replaced
- Animal Kingdom Cast members will receive new uniforms
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean will go down for rehab in late April
- New menu items for Magic Kingdom quick service restaurants
This week’s news episode covers the following topics:
- Our thoughts on the new Han Solo Star Wars movie trailer
- The opening date fort he Tron roller coaster at Magic Kingdom
- The rumor that the Main Street theater project has been cancelled
- A rundown of the Incredible summer promotion at Walt Disney World
- Dwayne Johnson has a new co-star for his Jungle Cruise Movie
- Construction permits have been filed for the EPCOT hotel project
- The wonders of life pavilion is having some maintenance work done
- Is Star Wars starting to fade at the Box office?
Also be sure to check out our spreadshirt store…there is free shipping on all orders from now until Feb. 11th.