Episode 368: This episode marks the 5 year anniversary of Traveling with the Mouse! We go back to our first episode ever and revisit the content of that episode. It just so happened that our first episode was right after D23 in 2017. A lot of big announcements were made that year. We take a look back and see what we think about the current state of things 5 years later. We also try and preview this year’s D23 with what we think could be announced. We also really hope to be surprised by something because there is not a lot of hype surrounding the Parks panel this year. The only thing we feel will be announced is the opening date for Tron. We give our thoughts on what we hope will be talked about, like finishing Epcot, Play pavilion, and a Dinoland re-theme to name a few.
In honor of Halloween this week, we are discussing the scariest attractions at the Disney Parks. We start by going through the scariest attractions that are still currently in operation. These attractions are not limited to Walt Disney World but also include Disneyland in California, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris all made the list of scary attractions. After we discuss current attractions we go through the attractions that are not longer in operation but definitely deserved a spot on this list! Can you guess what we picked as the scariest attraction of all time? Hint, It is not a current attraction.
Today’s news topics are:
- Peter Pan’s Flight will close in January for a month long refurbishment
- More details about the Millennium Falcon attraction released
- First look at Jon Favreau’s new Star Wars live action series
- 2 Month refurbishment of Tom Sawyer Island will begin soon
- Construction photos leaked from former Great Movie Ride
- Anaheim Living Wage Measure Would Not Apply to Disneyland
- Constructions walls come down at Caribbean Beach Resort
- Sebastian’s Bistro menu is now available
- Jack Sparrow meet and greet is now daily at Magic Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom has limited time photo pass magic shots
Episode 4 is all about The Great Movie Ride. With the last day of operation being August 13, 2017, we thought it was fitting to discuss our thoughts about the closing if this classic attraction. We talk about the history of the attraction as well as our memories of it over the years. We also talk about Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway, the attraction that is taking over the Great Movie Ride. We hope you enjoy our tribute to one of our favorite rides.