Episode: 286 Today we talk about the latest Disney news and we have our first Disney+ movie review! In the news, we discuss the re-opening of Hong Kong Disneyland, and the landlock situation that the resort finds itself in. Epcot is testing fireworks for Harmonious and there’s some mystery construction going on at the Italy Pavilion. Out in California, Josh D’aMaro is voicing his frustrations with the state of California about the lack of guidance on re-opening the Disneyland resort. Meanwhile at Walt Disney World, the Swan and Dolphin resort is about to layoff over a thousand workers because of struggling occupancy. At the Magic Kingdom, the Tron coaster construction is moving along nicely. Finally we wrap up the news by discussing the amazing new Beauty and the Beast attraction the just opened at Tokyo Disneyland resort. This ride look incredible and we are wanting to go to Tokyo right now. After the news we give our first Disney+ movie review. We hope to make this a regular segment as we have a pretty long watchlist of Disney movies to watch! This week we give our review for The Emperor’s New Groove!
Episode 276: Today Jon and I talk about the re-opening of all 4 Walt Disney World Parks. Disneyland Paris is also now officially open. However, Hong Kong Disneyland is closing once again. We discuss some of the new procedures that are happening at Epcot and Hollywood Studios and what rides feel safer than other. There’s a lot of new discounts coming out for annual passholders for resorts and merchandise. Disney is also giving passholders more information on extending their pass or cancelling and refunding passes. We have new activity going on with the Star Wars galactic star cruiser and more construction updates. We also preview my trip that I will discuss next week.
Episode 254: With the news of Smuggler’s Run adding fastpass soon we thought it would be a good time to do a refresher on the Disney World Fastpass plus system. A few things have changes since our last episode and we wanted to go over everything all in one episode. We do start by going over the most recent news as there were several stories that caught our attention this week. The parks in China are currently closed, Disney is now selling sporks in Galaxy’s Edge and Disney much more.
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?
Today’s News Topics!
- Will the Disney Skyliner not have air conditioning?
- 2 Disney Golf courses have added a Mickey shaped bunker
- Several Longtime “citizen’s of Hollywood” are being let go at Hollywood Studios
- The Star Wars stage show at Hollywood Studios will be closed for 5 weeks
- Complimentary zip-lock bags for your electronics coming soon to splash mountain
- Price change for Minnie Vans Confirmed
- Is a Marry Poppins spinner ride coming to Epcot?
- Move it, Shake it, Dance it, Play it street party is ending at Magic Kingdom
- Hong Kong Disneyland re-opened after being closed for a Typhoon
- Illuminations will be replaced at Epcot next summer
Video Link: Disneyland 1956
Today marks our one year anniversary! Time sure does fly when you are having fun! On this episode we talk about the latest Disney news and rumors.
The topics are:
- New Antman based attraction coming to Hong Kong Disneyland
- Chicken Guy is set to open this month at Disney Springs
- Disney plans to remove all plastic straws by mid-2019
- Is Disney designing a new app to help guests take photos?
- Ziploc is now the official sponsor of Splash Mountain
- Disney announces casting for live action Lady and the Tramp movie
- Fox board approved of Disney acquisition in less than 15 minutes
- Disney is developing a flexible speaker that can be hidden in objects
- Cast announced for Star Wars episode 9
- V.I.Passholder event details announced for Magic Kingdom
- New permits hint at major changes coming to illuminations at EPCOT
- DVC members can enter the park 2 hours earlier for the Halloween Party
- Pet friendly policy has been made permanent at select Walt Disney World resorts
- Production has begun on the new Jungle Cruise film
- New spaceship installed at Galaxy’s Edge
Today Jon and I go through each of the International Disney Parks and talk about the attractions that we would most like to experience from those parks. We start with Disneyland Paris and go through both of the parks there as we decide which attractions that we would most like to experience. Next we talk about Shanghai Disneyland, the newest Disney Park. We then go through the attractions at Hong Kong Disneyland before finishing up with Tokyo Disneyland. At the end of the episode we decide which order we would most like to visit these international Disney Parks.