Episode: 255 – We discuss the pressing Disney news of the day including details on Lighthouse Point (Disney’s new private island) and more on the Rise of the Resistance boarding group process. Jason is very vocally against the boarding groups and let’s us know why he is not in favor of this system. We also cover several small but interesting news stories ranging from the Super Bowl MVP’s visit to Walt Disney World to Disney releasing a theatrical version of the Broadway show Hamilton. There have also been some price increases on things lately. We discuss the new price of dessert parties and the price increase of Tokyo Disneyland park tickets.
Today’s news topics:
- Float Collapse in Disneyland’s Christmas Parade causes Santa to fall out
- World of Color at Disney California Adventure will not re-open until 2019
- Liberty Square Riverboat will finally return to Magic Kingdom on Dec 22
- 3 Disney Cast members have been arrested for separate incidents recently
- Monorail Lime receives it’s retro pain scheme
- Disney Purchases a 965 acre ranch southwest of Celebration in Florida
- Imageworks exhibits are being removed at Epcot to make way for Meet & Greets
- New Pathway to Hollywood Studios entrance is open
- Tokyo Disneyland has been ranked by Instagram as the happiest place on earth
Have you ever thought about what attractions you would put in the ultimate Magic Kingdom Park? Jon and I get really geeky about this discussion and we look at all of the Magic Kingdom or Disney Castle parks worldwide and decide which versions of attractions that we would include in our ultimate Magic Kingdom Park. We go land by land and decide which attractions should be included. I think we include at least one attraction from every Disney Kingdom park in the world in our Ultimate Park…Which attractions would you choose?
In honor of Halloween this week, we are discussing the scariest attractions at the Disney Parks. We start by going through the scariest attractions that are still currently in operation. These attractions are not limited to Walt Disney World but also include Disneyland in California, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris all made the list of scary attractions. After we discuss current attractions we go through the attractions that are not longer in operation but definitely deserved a spot on this list! Can you guess what we picked as the scariest attraction of all time? Hint, It is not a current attraction.
Today’s news stories include:
- New hotels to be built at Flamingo crossings near Disney
- The updates to Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
- New alcohol infused frozen coke machine at Art of Animation
- New animated series based on the Rocketeer is coming to Disney jr.
- The Magic Kingdom omnibus will be out at night during the summer
- Comcast makes and all cash bid for 20th Century Fox
- Tokyo Disney Sea is getting new Peter Pan, Tangled and Frozen attractions
- Incredibles 2 breaks box office records during opening weekend
- Cast member previews have started for Toy Story Land
- Bus wait times are now part of the My Disney Experience app
Today Jon and I go through each of the International Disney Parks and talk about the attractions that we would most like to experience from those parks. We start with Disneyland Paris and go through both of the parks there as we decide which attractions that we would most like to experience. Next we talk about Shanghai Disneyland, the newest Disney Park. We then go through the attractions at Hong Kong Disneyland before finishing up with Tokyo Disneyland. At the end of the episode we decide which order we would most like to visit these international Disney Parks.