Episode 202: Our friend Jason joins us again on the show today to discuss everything you need to know about using the Fast Pass Plus system at Walt Disney World! We start by covering the origins of fast passes at Walt Disney World back in 1999 when paper fast passes were used. Then we continue to five years ago when the fast pass plus system was introduced. We give you our tips and strategies for how to best use the system and save the most time on your Disney vacation. Our goal was to cover all of the basics of using fast passes and then go more in depth on how to optimize and best use fast passes to minimize your waiting and maximize your fun! I am not exaggerating when I say that Jason and I almost never wait in standby lines (unless it is a short wait) because of the strategy that we outline in this episode.
Episode 196 – Disney News – March 18, 2019
Today’s News topics:
- Opening Dates for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run will be the only attraction on opening day
- Disney+ Streaming Service will include entire Disney film library
- Walt Disney World Ticket Prices have increased for this coming holiday season
- Demolition work has started on the old River Country site
- The former Wonders of Life pavilion has started the transformation into the new Play pavilion
- Highlights from the Walt Disney World maintenance report
- Inside look at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Water Parks will now have dedicated Bus Transportation from resorts
- My Disney Experience App Issues with Fast Pass Plus
- Magic Kingdom Guest Experience Team is now permanent
Today’s episode is about the Parkeology Challenge. This challenge involves riding every ride at all four Walt Disney World Parks in one day. There are a lot of rules and regulations around this challenge in order for it to be considered official. There are currently 49 attractions that are considered rides at Walt Disney World. I go into the list and explain constitutes a “ride” in the challenge. We wrap up by going through some of the strategies that can be used to take on this challenge. I will be taking part in this challenge on March 9, 2019. Make sure to follow @TWTMPodcast on twitter to follow along with us! www.parkeology.com
In Episode 130, Jon and I have a discussion on Disney Trip planning…specifically, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. We give our strategies on planning fast passes, dining reservations, and what items that are helpful to bring on a Disney vacation. We give some insight on what we believe are important things to consider when Disney trip planning. We’ve both booked Disney vacations on short notice and also up to a year in advance so we have you covered!
Today’s news topics include:
- New Monorail Trains coming to Walt Disney World (Rumor)
- Fast Pass Plus selections are now available for Toy Story Land
- Minnie Vans are now permanent at Walt Disney World
- Epcot France pavilion construction update
- Tokyo Disneyland will have an expansion but no 3rd gate
- Guests are no longer able to transfer Fast Passes
In this episode go through my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. I talk about my experience staying at the Contemporary and go over some of the changes that I noticed with the monorails. I also give my thoughts on the festival of the arts at EPCOT and how it compares to the other festivals. I wrap up by going through how I dealt with the crowds on a very busy day at Magic Kingdom.
Monorail red left one of it’s doors open in route to EPCOT. Disney is closing all of their Children’s Activity Centers. Club-level guests will now have the option to buy additional fast passes. Stitch’s great escape just wont go away….Those stories and more on this episode of Traveling with the mouse.
We finish out the year having a discussion about the Fast Pass Plus system at Walt Disney World. We give our overall thoughts about it and go through each park and talk about which selections we would make when the most sought after Fast Passes are not available.