In Episode 130, Jon and I have a discussion on Disney Trip planning…specifically, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. We give our strategies on planning fast passes, dining reservations, and what items that are helpful to bring on a Disney vacation. We give some insight on what we believe are important things to consider when Disney trip planning. We’ve both booked Disney vacations on short notice and also up to a year in advance so we have you covered!
Today’s News topics include:
- Guardians roller coaster show building will not be themed at EPCOT
- Avengers Infinity War release date on Blu-ray and digital + life-hacks with Jon
- Passholder playtime event for Toy Storyland sold out in 3 hours
- Disney After hours event received a lot of media attention
- Update on the cause of death for a Disney World castmember
- Padme visits the planet Batuu (galaxy’s edge) in a new Star Wars novel
- Interesting suggestion to replace Stich’s Great Escape with Incredibles show
- Major power outage at Hollywood Studios
- Best Western Disney Springs is expanding
- New three caballeros merchandise at Mexico pavilion…No more Coco redesign?
Then we do some news stories at a harefooted pace that include:
Frozen 2 casting announcement, Winnie the Pooh, Figment, Tower of Terror, new Cast member parking lot Pizzafari, Wreck it Ralph, Dessert parties, giant hot dogs and Disneyland’s 63rd birthday!
In this episode…I walk through my recent trip to Walt Disney World. The primary purpose of the trip was to visit Toy Story land. I talk more in depth on Toy Story land in Episode 127 but this episode focuses on the entire trip. I talk about our stay at the Yacht club and all of the activities that we experienced at the resort. I also go over the meals that I had this time which includes another trip to California grill at the Contemporary! (My favorite place to eat on property right now) I also give some construction updates and a few tips on Fast Passes and Photo Pass.
Today we discuss the latest Disney news and then we talk about our experience at Toy Story Land! I recently visited Toy Story Land to get a first hand look at everything and experience as much as it has to offer. I give my thoughts on Slinky dog dash, Alien Swirling saucers, Woody’s Lunchbox and the overall theme of the land.
But first, here are the news topics we discussed:
- Projection mapping technology coming to Disney hotel rooms?
- The new restaurant coming to the Japan pavilion is under construction
- Candlelight processional narrators anounced
- Company-wide network outage causes issues with my Disney experience app
- New casting announced for Star Wars Episode 9
- Expedition Everest could be getting the much needed refurb that it deserves
- Walt Disney World cast member tragically dies
- Disney announces some changes to upcoming movies
Today we are doing our resort tour of Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort! This resort is one that Jon and I both stayed at together. However, it was 26 years ago…I guess we need to plan our return visit to this resort soon. Jon has visited the resort recently and we have had friends and family who have stayed at the resort recently as well. We give you an overview of all of the amenities and special things that this resort has to offer. We also give an update on the massive construction going on in this area….There’s construction on the resort itself, the Disney Skyliner, and the Riviera resort which is just footsteps away. This is Walt Disney World’s original moderate resort and the only one to be considered an EPCOT moderate resort.
Today’s news topics include:
- Justice department approves of Disney’s bid for 20th Century Fox
- Nets have been placed above walkways on Swiss Family Treehouse
- $299 event at Pixar Pier…was it worth the price?
- The Disney Play App is now available
- Toy Story Land opening day saw large crowds
- Disney is working on new technology to simulate Star Wars laser blasts
- It’s rumored that Disney is also working on hologram technology for Galaxy’s Edge
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy to open at Hollywood Studios in 2019
- New Image Unveiled for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Incredibles 2 holds the number 2 spot at the box office
- New permits reveal how Star Wars hotel will connect to Galaxy’s Edge
- New photos suggest that construction is beginning on Mission Space restaurant
- Disney’s Magical Express buses will get a new look
- New interactive Coco exhibit debuts at the Mexico pavilion
It’s summertime so that means it is time to start thinking about Halloween? If you’re a Disney fan it is! We are previewing the new experiences coming to the 2018 Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party! This year we are getting some unique experiences from new lighting and sound effects to a new dance party. There are new things for the whole family this year. I think we are most excited about the new experience coming to Pirates of the Caribbean! Start making your plans now because the Halloween party is on select nights from August 17th through Halloween night.
Today we give our review for the Incredibles 2! The first 8 minutes is spoiler free so if you haven’t seen it yet you can pause it there. The rest of the time we spend going through the different parts of the movie that stood out to us for various reasons. We also give our thoughts on whether or not you should bring younger children to see this movie. There are some scenes that can be intense for some viewers and if you or anyone in your family have certain medical conditions be aware that there is a pretty intense strobe effect in the film. Overall we enjoyed it and we think you will too.
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney announces the new heads of Pixar and Disney Animation studios
- Fox approves of Disney’s newest bid for 20th Century Fox
- Lucasfilm denies rumors that Star Wars spin off films have been put on hold
- Pixar Pier opens at Disney’s California Adventure
- World of Color delays return at least until the end of the year
- Toy Story Land opening this week
- First Skyliner vehicle spotted on Disney property
- Frozen Ever After will be duplicated in Hong Kong and Paris
- Inside out attraction coming to Pixar Pier
- Fourth of July fireworks schedule for Magic Kingdom
- Person suing Disney for plagiarism for Inside Out script
Today Jon and I have another round of Disney Pros and Cons! This is the game where we randomly select something from Walt Disney World and one of us will list the pros and the other has to list the cons. This time we added restaurants and resorts to the list as well. The way it works is that we use a random number generator that we match to a number on our list of attractions, dining locations, and resorts. We go through several rounds and see who can make the best arguments for or against something.
In today’s episode I discuss my recent trip to New York city and talk about my experiences at Coney Island and the Bronx Zoo. I compare the two experiences to Disney and compare the similarities. For instance, Disney’s boardwalk is inspired by Coney Island and I believe that Animal Kingdom also took some inspiration from the Bronx Zoo as well. If you find yourself in the New York area I highly recommend the Bronx Zoo!
Today’s news stories include:
- New hotels to be built at Flamingo crossings near Disney
- The updates to Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
- New alcohol infused frozen coke machine at Art of Animation
- New animated series based on the Rocketeer is coming to Disney jr.
- The Magic Kingdom omnibus will be out at night during the summer
- Comcast makes and all cash bid for 20th Century Fox
- Tokyo Disney Sea is getting new Peter Pan, Tangled and Frozen attractions
- Incredibles 2 breaks box office records during opening weekend
- Cast member previews have started for Toy Story Land
- Bus wait times are now part of the My Disney Experience app
In Today’s episode Jon and I preview the 2018 Food and Wine festival! This year the festival is 75 days starting at the end of August and ending in mid-November. We give a general overview of the festival and share some of our tips and experiences from our times visiting during Food and Wine. We share what we currently know about the new things coming to this year’s festival! Be on the lookout for future episodes on Food and Wine once we know more details.
Today on the show we decide to have a little fun and randomly select an attraction and one of us has to only speak positively about it and the other can only talk negatively about it. Since Jon is the host for this episode he decided that the host should be the one to list the pros or just give the positives of the attraction so that means that I must list the cons for each attraction. We used the same random number generator to select the attractions for us on the spot without us knowing ahead of time. Let us know who you think made the best argument for each attraction! Next time we will add in other things like shopping and dinning locations.
Today’s news topics include:
- John Lasseter will step down from Disney by the end of the year.
- Walt Disney World monorail has another unique breakdown
- My Disney Experience app went down for 45 minutes
- 2019 vacation packages will be available starting June 19th
- Block-out dates for Certain Annual Passes lifted for the month of June
- Richard Gerth…the longtime greater at the Grand Floridian dies at age 92
- Frozen on Broadway is 0-3 at the Tony awards
- Solo is estimated to lose $80 million dollars
- More details on the delays around the release of Toy Story 4
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean re-opens
- New contest gives the winner a night to camp in Pandora for a night
- Disney Visa card members can purchase Disneyland’s Halloween party tickets early
- New merchandise debuts at Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian
Today we continue our resorts series and take an in depth look at Disney’s Fort Wilderness resort and campground. This massive resort opened shortly after the Contemporary and Polynesian Village resorts in 1971. We take a look at details of this resorts including the different accommodations, dinning options, shopping and recreational activities. Let us know what you think of this resort and which resort should we cover next?
Today we give you our top 3 picks for snacks, restaurants, and attractions at Disney’s Animal Kingdom! We ended up with some really good choices. Animal kingdom has some really great snacks. Our picks for top restaurant includes a buffet and a quick service location…can you guess which ones? It should be no surprise what the top attraction is at Animal Kingdom but I think we had an interesting list. It is no wonder that Animal Kingdom is now the second most visited park at Walt Disney World!
Today’s news topics include:
- Solo disappointing box office
- Comcast is attempting to outbid Disney for 20th Century Fox assets
- New menu at ESPN Club on the Boardwalk
- Location Confirmed for new Star Wars Hotel
- New details on Wreck it Ralph 2
- Animal Kingdom is testing out new stroller parking
- Simon Wilson snuck into the Magic Kingdom and posted it on YouTube
- Galaxy’s Edge will have a wireless charging system in place
- Construction firm contracted for new Magic Kingdom area resort
- Minnie Van service now available at all resorts now
- Rider swap is going digital
In Today’s episode we give a general comparison of Disneyland to Walt Disney World! In previous episodes we compared attractions from Disneyland to the ones at Walt Disney World but today we compare and contrast the parks as a whole. We discuss the geographical location of each park and things like the weather at Disneyland vs Disney World. We also get into things like the queue lines and some of the more subtle differences between the two. While we agree that Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are similar…we also agree that there’s enough differences that it is definitely worth visiting them both!
Today we are giving our picks for the best 3 snacks, dinning locations, and attractions for Hollywood Studios! We found that at Hollywood studios it is tough to find snacks that stand out and are also unique to this park. I think we made some solid choices that we think you will enjoy if you give them a try. Also, we ended up picking some of the same things for our dinning and attraction choices but not in the same order. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our choices!