May the force be with you in this special Star Wars edition of Traveling With The Mouse! Since today is May the 4th aka Star Wars day we decided to spend this episode talking about the live action Star Wars films and ranking them from 1-9. We may need to revisit this once Solo comes out in a few weeks. See if you agree with our choices as the best and worst Star Wars films!
Today’s news topics include:
- Infinity War breaks opening weekend box office record
- Bob Gurr believes that Walt Disney World is getting new monorails
- Navi River journey re-opens after being closed for 3 straight Days
- Disney announces their upcoming movie release dates
- Minnie Vans are now available at all Walt Disney World resorts
- The new Queue for Dumbo opens at Disneyland
- New attractions are coming along at Tokyo Disneyland
- An update on Walt Disney’s Plane (From our Hollywood Studios Episode)
And Much More!
We are changing up the order of the shows this week because of a special day this Friday (May the 4th…aka Star Wars day) So we are doing our Part 1 walk-through of Animal Kingdom Park today and Friday will be a Star Wars themed Episode. In Part 1 of our Animal kingdom episode we give our impressions of the park from when we first visited back in 1999. Then we walk-through the Oasis, Discovery Island and Dinoland USA. We discuss the rides, attractions, dinning and character meets along the way.
Today we say “that’s a wrap” on our walk-through of Hollywood Studios! We begin the episode by taking a trip back in time and talk about the backlot area. This is where the studio backlot tour was located as well as Lights, Motors, Action and the streets of America. We discuss some of our favorite things that used to be located here and go into a preview of what will be coming soon to this area…Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land. We then finish our tour by walking down Sunset Boulevard. We talk about the shops, food options, attractions, and even our favorite bathrooms in this area. Join us next Friday as we begin our Tour of Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
Today’s news stories include:
- Free Dinning is released!
- Toy Story Entrance sign is set in place
- Incredi-coaster train cars revealed
- New Bus stops at Caribbean Beach
- Bus wait times now available on the My Disney Experience App
- New Menu Items at Contempo Cafe
- the line up for the Eat to the beat concert series has been announced
In Today’s episode we start off by talking about Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary! Jon and I then try our hand at “armchair Imagineering.” We decided to take a list of all rides, shows, and attractions and Walt Disney World and using a random number generator we would pick something from this list at random and decide what enhancements or outright changes we would make to that attraction. It turns out that imagineering is harder than it looks. Who would’ve thought?
In today’s episode, we continue where we left off in our tour of Disney’s Hollywood studios. We cover Grand Avenue, Commissary Lane, Pixar Place and the Animation courtyard. We also preview Toy Story Land and go through the menu at Woody’s Lunchbox (the new quick service location that is opening soon). If you aren’t familiar with the series…Every Friday we have been taking a walk-through of every land at the Walt Disney World parks and discuss the past and present rides, attractions, shows, shopping and dinning options that are available. Next Friday we will wrap up Hollywood Studios!
Today’s news topics include:
- New Monorail Trains coming to Walt Disney World (Rumor)
- Fast Pass Plus selections are now available for Toy Story Land
- Minnie Vans are now permanent at Walt Disney World
- Epcot France pavilion construction update
- Tokyo Disneyland will have an expansion but no 3rd gate
- Guests are no longer able to transfer Fast Passes
Today we discuss the best dark rides at Walt Disney World. Jon compiled a list of dark rides (past and present) that we go through and determine which ones should be considered the top 5 of all time. We begin with a list of 23 attractions and whittle it down to 5. We both unanimously agree on which attraction is our number one dark ride of all time. Which one do you think it is? Let us know what you think of our lists by reaching out to us on our website or on social media…@twtmpodcast.
Today we begin our walk-through of Disney’s Hollywood Studios! We talk about the rides, attractions, shows, dinning and shopping in the Hollywood Boulevard and Echo Lake areas. We give a brief history of the park and talk about some of our favorite experiences. Be sure to join us every Friday as we continue to journey through all of the lands of the Disney parks. Be sure to check out some of our older episodes in this series as well.
In today’s news episode of Traveling With The Mouse we cover the following topics
- The 2nd Trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story has been released
- Toy Story 4 release date confirmed
- Kristen Bell confirms that she has recorded her part in Frozen 2
- Pandora Utility Suit debuts at Animal Kingdom
- The Grand Floridian cancels 30th anniversary gala
- Marvel has released the first clip from Infinity War
- Crossroads Shopping Center by Disney World to Close
In today’s episode we talk about the Grand Floridian! We begin the episode with a little news by talking about the new Fast Pass tiers for Hollywood Studios once Toy Story Land opens on June 30th. After that we do a detailed review of the Grand Floridian. We talk about the Rooms, Shopping, Dinning, and the atmosphere of the resort.
Today on the show we wrap up the world showcase at EPCOT. We start with the American Adventure and walk all the way through Canada. We discuss all of the attractions, shows, entertainment, and dinning options available at each pavilion. This episode includes: The American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, and Canada. For the rest of world showcase go back and listen to part 1 of the world showcase (Episode 84)
Today’s news topics include:
- First On-Ride Image Revealed of Millennium Falcon Attraction
- Toy Story Mania will not have FP+ available for a Month
- Land Permit filed for Star Wars Hotel
- My Disney Experience app will be able to unlock hotel room door
Plus we give our thoughts to a theory that the Star Wars hotel will be operated like a cruise ship.
Today on the show, I go over the highlights of my 9 day March trip to Walt Disney World. I talk about staying at an off property hotel…(Hilton Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs). I got to explore Disney Springs while I was there so I give my thoughts on the dinning and shopping options that are available. I then stayed for a few days at the Dolphin hotel where I had a different experience than I did the last time I stayed there. I also, tried the Minnie van service so I give a short review on that. I give an overview of the Flower & Garden festival and I finally got to experience Flight of Passage at Pandora!
Today we continue our series where we go through the different lands of the Disney parks and discuss the attractions and dinning options that are available. We begin our walk through world showcase at Epcot by starting with the Mexico side. We discuss the attractions, restaurants, and shops in the Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, and Italy pavilions. Let us know what your favorite things are about these pavilions.
Today we discuss the latest Disney news and we give our picks on a viral Disney vs. Pixar March madness bracket that is making the rounds on the internet. Click Here to view the bracket and follow along with us and let us know if you agree or disagree with our selection as the winner!
Now that we have both seen Star Wars the Last Jedi, It is time for us to give our full review of the movie. Our opinions do differ although we do agree on the major plot points of the film. This is a spoiler discussion so if for some reason you haven’t seen the movie just be aware that we talk about everything. We break down the movie and talk about the good and the bad. Let us know what you think of the last Jedi? Who do you agree with more?
Today we continue our series of walking through each land of the Disney Parks. This episode we tackle future world west at Epcot. This includes the Seas, Land, and Imagination Pavilions. We also cover all of the dining and character meeting locations on this side of the park. Next week we will start our journey around world showcase but which side will we start on? Find out next week!
Today’s news topics include:
- Disney is now charging guests for overnight parking at their resort hotels
- The Orange Swirl is back by popular demand
- The wonders of life pavilion continues to get more refurbishments
- New areal views show construction progress of Tron coaster
- Disneyland has new Pixar packages