Episode 208: Today we are going over when and how to make your Disney World advanced dining reservations! We discuss some of the most difficult restaurants to get reservations for and we give you some tips for grabbing those hard to get reservations. You can reserve dining 180 days from your arrival but for some like me who plan Disney trips well within that time frame there are still some ways to get those pesky dining reservations. We also have a discussion on character dining and which ones are hard to get vs. the ones that still offer a great experience but just isn’t as popular.
Episode 207: It’s that time again! We discuss the Disney news from the past week.
Here are the topics:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary details
- It is confirmed that No nighttime parade will be part of WDW 50th Aniniversary
- New details on the Villains after hours event coming to Magic Kingdom
- Possible Major spoiler for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway delayed until spring 2020
Additional News Stories
- This week we saw Skyliner evacuation testing
- Disneyland Cast members wont be able to visit Galaxy’s Edge until August
- Tomorrowland Speedway’s modification nears completion
- Major construction is going on at the entrance of 3 of the Disney theme parks
- Some Disney titles will be modified or not included in Disney Plus
Episode 206: Today we answer the age old question…How do I decide which Walt Disney World theme park to visit for each day of my vacation? We talk about the factors that go into making that decision. We try to break down those factors in a simple way to help make the choice a lot easier. We know that there are a lot of complexity to planning a Walt Disney World vacation but if you take some time to do a little research then you can save time and money but more importantly add more fun to your vacation!
Episode 205: Today we cover the latest Galaxy’s Edge news and go through the theme park Injury report for Q1 of 2019.
Here are the top stories:
- Grand Floridian new Beauty and The Beast Lounge confirmed
- Disney+ service will launch with sever original shows and a low price point
- We give our reaction to the Star Wars Episode 9 teaser
- Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge is rumored to have a time limit
- First look at the inside of a Disney Skyliner gondola
We also cover these stories:
- Pizza Rizzo is going to re-open for a short time
- The Q1 theme park injury report has been released
- Galaxy’s Edge will have special Star Wars themed Coke products
- Penguin made from recycled materials is on Display at Animal Kingdom
Episode 204: In this episode we cover the different hotel and resort options for a Walt Disney World vacation! Whether you like staying on property or prefer to stay close to Walt Disney world there are a number of things to consider. The price is obviously a big consideration but there’s also factors like, location, amenities, transportation, and theme. Disney has several categories of resorts to choose from and we help break down each one to help you decide which resort is the best one for you and your family.
Episode 203: Today we cover the most recent Disney news.
Here are the top 5 stories:
- New high-speed rail line could connect Walt Disney World and Miami
- Is it possible that Mickey and Minnie’s Runnaway Railway will be delayed until 2020?
- Disney resorts are now charging a fee for in room delivery services
- Tickets are now on sale for this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- A lot of new information on changes coming to Epcot came out this week
Also, We cover these stories this week
- Skyliner is now testing with live people on board
- for $200 you can have lunch with Joe Rhode at Animal Kingdom
- New nighttime shows are coming to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
- Part of Tomorrowland received a new paint job recently
- Spitting Camel outside of Magic Carpets of Aladdin was recently removed
- Guest experience team is now coming to Hollywood Studios
Link: Episode 190 Horizon’s
Episode 202: Our friend Jason joins us again on the show today to discuss everything you need to know about using the Fast Pass Plus system at Walt Disney World! We start by covering the origins of fast passes at Walt Disney World back in 1999 when paper fast passes were used. Then we continue to five years ago when the fast pass plus system was introduced. We give you our tips and strategies for how to best use the system and save the most time on your Disney vacation. Our goal was to cover all of the basics of using fast passes and then go more in depth on how to optimize and best use fast passes to minimize your waiting and maximize your fun! I am not exaggerating when I say that Jason and I almost never wait in standby lines (unless it is a short wait) because of the strategy that we outline in this episode.
Episode 201: Disney news for April 4, 2019
- New photopass photo added to the Haunted Mansion
- There will be no standby access to Galaxy’s Edge through June 23rd
- 3 Disney Springs restaurants were involved in a credit card data breach
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel is now open at California Adventure
- Dumbo debuts at number 1 but below box office expectations
- Disney adds a Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom over the summer
- Philharmagic is coming to California Adventure
- Woody’s Roundup BBQ Dining Experience Coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disneyland Paris experienced a litter protest this week
- Typhoon Lagoon will have its first VIPassholder event
- Archive recording of Don Rickles will be used for Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is now open at Hollywood Studios
Episode 200: This is no April Fools joke, we are actually spending an entire episode on Queue Lines! we think you will enjoy this discussion on the many different queue lines at Walt Disney World. We cover what we think are the best queues in all 4 parks as well as the ones that are no so great at each park. We rate the best and worst queue at each park. Let us know what you believe are the best and worst queues lines at Walt Disney World.
Episode 199: Disney News
Here are the topics that we discussed
- Disney Cruise Line finalizes the purchase of second private island
- Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand Floridian is closing for an expansion
- Disneyland Paris reports a profit for the first time in nearly a decade
- False alarm causes minor panic at Disneyland Paris
- NBA Experience set to open August 12th at Disney Springs
- Casey Jr Splash & Soak station and Kali River Rapids have re-opened from refurbishment
- Two separate lawsuits filed against Disney for incidents on the People Mover
- Will Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway open before Galaxy’s Edge
- Disney has pulled resort discounts from Summer/Fall
Episode 198 – Today we are covering the past 50 years of Walt Disney World history starting with 1969 and the skipping to the next decade sort of in a carousel of progress type of way. We are only focusing on the major events of the year ending in 9 for that decade. From 1969 we jump to 1979 and then 1989, 1999, 2009 and finally recapping the current year 2019. It is remarkable to see the major changes that take place in each decade. This is a fun way to look at Walt Disney World History.
Episode 197 – Here are the news topics for today
- The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is getting an update
- Will the Skyliner open earlier now that Galaxy’s Edge will be open in August?
- New Bus Station is open at Hollywood Studios
- James Gunn has been reinstated as the director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- A new film called Awesome Planet is coming to the old Circle of Life Theater in Epcot
- A new fireworks show will be replacing HalloWishes this Halloween season
- The moat around Cinderella Castle has been drained at Magic Kingdom
- The Walk Around the World Bricks will soon be removed
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will re-open this summer
- Some theme park hours have been extended for April
- Hollywood Studios parking lot sections have been renamed after Disney Characters
- The Disney 21st Century Fox merger is now official
- Toy Story 4 trailer dropped this week
- Disney Play app will transform to interactive app while in Galaxy’s Edge
Episode 196 – Disney News – March 18, 2019
Today’s News topics:
- Opening Dates for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run will be the only attraction on opening day
- Disney+ Streaming Service will include entire Disney film library
- Walt Disney World Ticket Prices have increased for this coming holiday season
- Demolition work has started on the old River Country site
- The former Wonders of Life pavilion has started the transformation into the new Play pavilion
- Highlights from the Walt Disney World maintenance report
- Inside look at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Water Parks will now have dedicated Bus Transportation from resorts
- My Disney Experience App Issues with Fast Pass Plus
- Magic Kingdom Guest Experience Team is now permanent
Episode 195 – Today we are joined once again by our friend Jason. We go through our recent attempt at the Parkeology/Every Ride Challenge! We break down our run and pinpoint the mistakes that we made as well as the breakthroughs that we had during our 15 hour day. We had some really good breaks and a few that didn’t go our way. The important thing is that we had fun and we raised some money for Give Kids The World. You can still give through our link Here and it will go to the overall goal of $100k by the end of this year!
Episode 193: Howdy Folks, and welcome to this episode dedicated to one of our favorite Walt Disney World Attractions…The Country Bear Jamboree! We dig into the history of this attraction and talk about its connection with Walt Disney himself. It turns out that this may have been the last attraction that Walt ever saw in development. We then go through the current version of the show and discuss our favorite songs and the memories that we have of this show. Then we take a look at the different seasonal overlays of the show and talk about what caused the Disneyland version of the show to close permanently. Whether you love it or tolerate it, there’s no question that this attraction has its place in Disney history.
Today’s news topics are mostly about Star Wars but don’t worry we pepper in other Disney news along the way…Disney released a plethora of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge news and even more is breaking today as we should find out the exact date that Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge will open…See I knew it would be [insert date here]!!!!! (Just assume that I guessed it correctly on the show)
Here are the specifics:
- Disney revealed the cast member costumes for Galaxy’s Edge
- Slinky Dog’s tails have returned to Slinky Dog Dash coaster trains
- The Joffrey’s locations at Walt Disney World are now using paper straws
- We now know what’s on the drink menu at Oga’s Cantina
- New Bus Stops at Hollywood Studios are almost finished
- Construction has already begun on new Epcot Entrance project
- New details on the Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run attraction
- New details on the Rise of the Resistance attraction
- Will Disney start selling fast passes for the Star Wars attractions?
- New details on the shops and merchandise available in Galaxy’s Edge
- Construction work has begun on the new hotel connected to the Swan & Dolphin
- Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy will make her theme park debut this spring
- Pathway between the Castle and Sleepy Hollow at Magic kingdom will be widened
- Permits filed for Innoventions East demolition at Epcot
- Disney Cruise Line debuts a reusable shopping bag
- We try to guess the opening dates for Galaxy’s Edge on both coasts
Episode 192: Today on the show we welcome our first guest! Mr Jason Poovey is a very good friend of mine and a long time supporter of the podcast. Jason is our expert on the Parkeology and the Every Ride WDW challenge. Jason and I will be attempting the challenge this Saturday March 9, 2019 and today’s episode is walking you through the meticulous plan that Jason and I have put together (mostly Jason). We go through the entire day that we hope will end with a victorious celebration at Trader Sams in Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Win or lose we plan to go to Trader Sam’s! You can follow along with us on Twitter on Friday and Saturday @twtmpodcast. Also, be sure to click here or the link below to help us raise money for Give Kids the World! You can give a one time amount or pledge a certain dollar amount for every ride we complete. You can even give us additional challenges or things to do within the challenge for a certain dollar amount. See the links below for details! Thanks for cheering us on and look for much more content coming up on this!
Horizon’s opened back in 1983 and is one of the best attractions that Disney ever created! today on the show we go into the history of the attraction and walk through each part of the ride. This is one of our personal favorite attractions and we were sad to see it go. There is a whole community centered around the love for this attraction and the hope of one day Disney bringing it back in some form. We also mention a documentary about 2 friends who loved this attractions so much that they spent a lot of time documenting the attraction and found a way exit the ride vehicles and sneak through the attraction without being noticed. We highly recommend this documentary called Remain Seated Please
Other links mentioned in the episode
Here are the news topics discussed this week.
- Names of the Flower and Garden outdoor kitchens have been announced
- The ability to modify dinning reservations has returned to the My Disney Experience app
- New Tsum Tsum game for the Nintendo Switch
- Tower of Terror will be undergoing a partial referb through the summer
- Update on the Walt Disney World maintenance issues report
- The first teaser for Frozen 2 was released this week
- More delays with the newest Disney Springs parking garage construction
- The founder of the Disney Archives passed away this week
- Ron Jon surf shop location is coming to Disney Springs
- A guest reported having a gun pointed at them over a parking space at Animal Kingdom
- A new Moana hei hei themed Dole Whip is coming to Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom
- Star Wars Speeder bike photo opp officially removed from Hollywood Studios
- Two mystery structures are being built at Epcot and Animal Kingdom
- New Ducktales merchandise now available
Today’s episode is about the Parkeology Challenge. This challenge involves riding every ride at all four Walt Disney World Parks in one day. There are a lot of rules and regulations around this challenge in order for it to be considered official. There are currently 49 attractions that are considered rides at Walt Disney World. I go into the list and explain constitutes a “ride” in the challenge. We wrap up by going through some of the strategies that can be used to take on this challenge. I will be taking part in this challenge on March 9, 2019. Make sure to follow @TWTMPodcast on twitter to follow along with us! www.parkeology.com