Today we are doing our resort tour of Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort! This resort is one that Jon and I both stayed at together. However, it was 26 years ago…I guess we need to plan our return visit to this resort soon. Jon has visited the resort recently and we have had friends and family who have stayed at the resort recently as well. We give you an overview of all of the amenities and special things that this resort has to offer. We also give an update on the massive construction going on in this area….There’s construction on the resort itself, the Disney Skyliner, and the Riviera resort which is just footsteps away. This is Walt Disney World’s original moderate resort and the only one to be considered an EPCOT moderate resort.
Today we give our review for the Incredibles 2! The first 8 minutes is spoiler free so if you haven’t seen it yet you can pause it there. The rest of the time we spend going through the different parts of the movie that stood out to us for various reasons. We also give our thoughts on whether or not you should bring younger children to see this movie. There are some scenes that can be intense for some viewers and if you or anyone in your family have certain medical conditions be aware that there is a pretty intense strobe effect in the film. Overall we enjoyed it and we think you will too.
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney announces the new heads of Pixar and Disney Animation studios
- Fox approves of Disney’s newest bid for 20th Century Fox
- Lucasfilm denies rumors that Star Wars spin off films have been put on hold
- Pixar Pier opens at Disney’s California Adventure
- World of Color delays return at least until the end of the year
- Toy Story Land opening this week
- First Skyliner vehicle spotted on Disney property
- Frozen Ever After will be duplicated in Hong Kong and Paris
- Inside out attraction coming to Pixar Pier
- Fourth of July fireworks schedule for Magic Kingdom
- Person suing Disney for plagiarism for Inside Out script
Today Jon and I have another round of Disney Pros and Cons! This is the game where we randomly select something from Walt Disney World and one of us will list the pros and the other has to list the cons. This time we added restaurants and resorts to the list as well. The way it works is that we use a random number generator that we match to a number on our list of attractions, dining locations, and resorts. We go through several rounds and see who can make the best arguments for or against something.
In today’s episode I discuss my recent trip to New York city and talk about my experiences at Coney Island and the Bronx Zoo. I compare the two experiences to Disney and compare the similarities. For instance, Disney’s boardwalk is inspired by Coney Island and I believe that Animal Kingdom also took some inspiration from the Bronx Zoo as well. If you find yourself in the New York area I highly recommend the Bronx Zoo!
Today’s news stories include:
- New hotels to be built at Flamingo crossings near Disney
- The updates to Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
- New alcohol infused frozen coke machine at Art of Animation
- New animated series based on the Rocketeer is coming to Disney jr.
- The Magic Kingdom omnibus will be out at night during the summer
- Comcast makes and all cash bid for 20th Century Fox
- Tokyo Disney Sea is getting new Peter Pan, Tangled and Frozen attractions
- Incredibles 2 breaks box office records during opening weekend
- Cast member previews have started for Toy Story Land
- Bus wait times are now part of the My Disney Experience app
In Today’s episode Jon and I preview the 2018 Food and Wine festival! This year the festival is 75 days starting at the end of August and ending in mid-November. We give a general overview of the festival and share some of our tips and experiences from our times visiting during Food and Wine. We share what we currently know about the new things coming to this year’s festival! Be on the lookout for future episodes on Food and Wine once we know more details.
Today we continue our resorts series and take an in depth look at Disney’s Fort Wilderness resort and campground. This massive resort opened shortly after the Contemporary and Polynesian Village resorts in 1971. We take a look at details of this resorts including the different accommodations, dinning options, shopping and recreational activities. Let us know what you think of this resort and which resort should we cover next?
Today we are giving our picks for the best 3 snacks, dinning locations, and attractions for Hollywood Studios! We found that at Hollywood studios it is tough to find snacks that stand out and are also unique to this park. I think we made some solid choices that we think you will enjoy if you give them a try. Also, we ended up picking some of the same things for our dinning and attraction choices but not in the same order. Let us know if you agree or disagree with our choices!
Today’s News topics include:
- Solo Box Office results are below expectations
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge reveals the name for it’s outpost
- Pirates at Disneyland will now be added to their Maxpass service
- Alcohol Sales at Magic Kingdom expands to more dinning locations
- Construction update on the Riviera Hotel
- Update on construction at Coronado Springs
- Epcot Construction updates
- Donald’s Dino Bash at Animal Kingdom
- Incredible Tomorrowland Expo
- Animal Kingdom testing an in park ticket center
In today’s episode we discuss the many different types of weather that you will encounter during a Walt Disney World Vacation. We go through some of our weather related stories from our past experiences. We’ve dealt with fast developing thunderstorms, heavy rain, hot weather, cold weather, tropical storms, and even a tornado warning. We also give some of our tips one where to go or what do if you run into unexpected bad weather in each of the 4 theme parks…
Today we start a new short term series that we are calling 333. This is where we take a Disney park and we give you our top 3 snacks, top 3 restaurants, and top 3 attractions. That’s why we decided to name it 333. In this episode we give you our current top 3 snacks, restaurants, and rides at the Magic Kingdom. Next week we will give you our EPCOT 333.
Today’s news topics include:
- Avenger’s Infinity War reaches 1 Billion faster than any movie in history
- First look at Alien Swirling Saucers
- Animatronic Wheezy is added to the end of Slinky Dog Dash
- Disney previews some Toy Story Land Merchandise
- Mobile Ordering is coming to Disneyland
- Limited Edition Toy Story Land Magic Bands released
- Paradise Pier hotel’s Pixar overlay has started
- Disney Confirm’s Night of Joy will not return in the Future
- Guardian’s of the Galaxy construction update ad EPCOT
- Construction begins in the old WDW STOLport site (mentioned video)
- New Lost and Found Process coming to Walt Disney World
- New Character coming to Disney Junior Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine
- Disney World is going to offer fast pass packages for one day tickets
- John Boyega gives a hint at the timeline of Star Wars Episode 9
- Slinky Dog Dash Fast Passes are going fast at the 60 day mark
We made it to 100 Episodes! In this episode we answer your questions. A few episodes back we asked for your questions or suggestions for topics that you would like for us to cover. Keep them coming! firstname.lastname@example.org. We home that this episode will help you get to know us a little better. We answer some questions about ourselves and our love for Disney which sparked some really good conversation. We will see you in Episode 101!
Today’s news topics include:
- Infinity War breaks opening weekend box office record
- Bob Gurr believes that Walt Disney World is getting new monorails
- Navi River journey re-opens after being closed for 3 straight Days
- Disney announces their upcoming movie release dates
- Minnie Vans are now available at all Walt Disney World resorts
- The new Queue for Dumbo opens at Disneyland
- New attractions are coming along at Tokyo Disneyland
- An update on Walt Disney’s Plane (From our Hollywood Studios Episode)
And Much More!
We are changing up the order of the shows this week because of a special day this Friday (May the 4th…aka Star Wars day) So we are doing our Part 1 walk-through of Animal Kingdom Park today and Friday will be a Star Wars themed Episode. In Part 1 of our Animal kingdom episode we give our impressions of the park from when we first visited back in 1999. Then we walk-through the Oasis, Discovery Island and Dinoland USA. We discuss the rides, attractions, dinning and character meets along the way.
Today we say “that’s a wrap” on our walk-through of Hollywood Studios! We begin the episode by taking a trip back in time and talk about the backlot area. This is where the studio backlot tour was located as well as Lights, Motors, Action and the streets of America. We discuss some of our favorite things that used to be located here and go into a preview of what will be coming soon to this area…Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land. We then finish our tour by walking down Sunset Boulevard. We talk about the shops, food options, attractions, and even our favorite bathrooms in this area. Join us next Friday as we begin our Tour of Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
In Today’s episode we start off by talking about Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary! Jon and I then try our hand at “armchair Imagineering.” We decided to take a list of all rides, shows, and attractions and Walt Disney World and using a random number generator we would pick something from this list at random and decide what enhancements or outright changes we would make to that attraction. It turns out that imagineering is harder than it looks. Who would’ve thought?
In today’s episode, we continue where we left off in our tour of Disney’s Hollywood studios. We cover Grand Avenue, Commissary Lane, Pixar Place and the Animation courtyard. We also preview Toy Story Land and go through the menu at Woody’s Lunchbox (the new quick service location that is opening soon). If you aren’t familiar with the series…Every Friday we have been taking a walk-through of every land at the Walt Disney World parks and discuss the past and present rides, attractions, shows, shopping and dinning options that are available. Next Friday we will wrap up Hollywood Studios!
Today’s news topics include:
- New Monorail Trains coming to Walt Disney World (Rumor)
- Fast Pass Plus selections are now available for Toy Story Land
- Minnie Vans are now permanent at Walt Disney World
- Epcot France pavilion construction update
- Tokyo Disneyland will have an expansion but no 3rd gate
- Guests are no longer able to transfer Fast Passes