Today we say “that’s a wrap” on our walk-through of Hollywood Studios! We begin the episode by taking a trip back in time and talk about the backlot area. This is where the studio backlot tour was located as well as Lights, Motors, Action and the streets of America. We discuss some of our favorite things that used to be located here and go into a preview of what will be coming soon to this area…Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land. We then finish our tour by walking down Sunset Boulevard. We talk about the shops, food options, attractions, and even our favorite bathrooms in this area. Join us next Friday as we begin our Tour of Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
In Today’s episode we start off by talking about Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary! Jon and I then try our hand at “armchair Imagineering.” We decided to take a list of all rides, shows, and attractions and Walt Disney World and using a random number generator we would pick something from this list at random and decide what enhancements or outright changes we would make to that attraction. It turns out that imagineering is harder than it looks. Who would’ve thought?
In today’s episode, we continue where we left off in our tour of Disney’s Hollywood studios. We cover Grand Avenue, Commissary Lane, Pixar Place and the Animation courtyard. We also preview Toy Story Land and go through the menu at Woody’s Lunchbox (the new quick service location that is opening soon). If you aren’t familiar with the series…Every Friday we have been taking a walk-through of every land at the Walt Disney World parks and discuss the past and present rides, attractions, shows, shopping and dinning options that are available. Next Friday we will wrap up Hollywood Studios!
Today’s news topics include:
- New Monorail Trains coming to Walt Disney World (Rumor)
- Fast Pass Plus selections are now available for Toy Story Land
- Minnie Vans are now permanent at Walt Disney World
- Epcot France pavilion construction update
- Tokyo Disneyland will have an expansion but no 3rd gate
- Guests are no longer able to transfer Fast Passes
Today we discuss the best dark rides at Walt Disney World. Jon compiled a list of dark rides (past and present) that we go through and determine which ones should be considered the top 5 of all time. We begin with a list of 23 attractions and whittle it down to 5. We both unanimously agree on which attraction is our number one dark ride of all time. Which one do you think it is? Let us know what you think of our lists by reaching out to us on our website or on social media…@twtmpodcast.
Today we begin our walk-through of Disney’s Hollywood Studios! We talk about the rides, attractions, shows, dinning and shopping in the Hollywood Boulevard and Echo Lake areas. We give a brief history of the park and talk about some of our favorite experiences. Be sure to join us every Friday as we continue to journey through all of the lands of the Disney parks. Be sure to check out some of our older episodes in this series as well.
In today’s news episode of Traveling With The Mouse we cover the following topics
- The 2nd Trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story has been released
- Toy Story 4 release date confirmed
- Kristen Bell confirms that she has recorded her part in Frozen 2
- Pandora Utility Suit debuts at Animal Kingdom
- The Grand Floridian cancels 30th anniversary gala
- Marvel has released the first clip from Infinity War
- Crossroads Shopping Center by Disney World to Close
In today’s episode we talk about the Grand Floridian! We begin the episode with a little news by talking about the new Fast Pass tiers for Hollywood Studios once Toy Story Land opens on June 30th. After that we do a detailed review of the Grand Floridian. We talk about the Rooms, Shopping, Dinning, and the atmosphere of the resort.
Today on the show we wrap up the world showcase at EPCOT. We start with the American Adventure and walk all the way through Canada. We discuss all of the attractions, shows, entertainment, and dinning options available at each pavilion. This episode includes: The American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, and Canada. For the rest of world showcase go back and listen to part 1 of the world showcase (Episode 84)
Today’s news topics include:
- First On-Ride Image Revealed of Millennium Falcon Attraction
- Toy Story Mania will not have FP+ available for a Month
- Land Permit filed for Star Wars Hotel
- My Disney Experience app will be able to unlock hotel room door
Plus we give our thoughts to a theory that the Star Wars hotel will be operated like a cruise ship.
Today we continue our series where we go through the different lands of the Disney parks and discuss the attractions and dinning options that are available. We begin our walk through world showcase at Epcot by starting with the Mexico side. We discuss the attractions, restaurants, and shops in the Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, and Italy pavilions. Let us know what your favorite things are about these pavilions.
Today’s news stories include:
- Disney may build on the old River Country site
- Tron coaster construction is now visible from inside the Magic Kingdom
- Dates confirmed for 2018 Food & Wine Festival
- Citrus swirl at Magic Kingdom has been replaced
- Animal Kingdom Cast members will receive new uniforms
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean will go down for rehab in late April
- New menu items for Magic Kingdom quick service restaurants
Today we wrap up the Magic Kingdom by going through Main Street U.S.A. We go into all of the different place to eat and shop as well as the different entertainment options available. We give some interesting facts about the Main Street in Magic Kingdom and also talk about some of the things that are no longer there. What are your favorite things about Main Street?
Today’s news episode includes the following topics:
- Coco wins big at the Oscars
- The first teaser for Mary Poppins Returns is released
- Disneyland Paris is getting a major expansion
- McDonald’s and Disney are teaming up for new Happy Meal toys
- Is illuminations going to be replaced soon?
- Mickey’s 90th birthday celebrations announced
- Disney After Hours events for February and March sold out
In this episode go through my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. I talk about my experience staying at the Contemporary and go over some of the changes that I noticed with the monorails. I also give my thoughts on the festival of the arts at EPCOT and how it compares to the other festivals. I wrap up by going through how I dealt with the crowds on a very busy day at Magic Kingdom.
Today we continue our series where we go through the different lands of the Disney Parks. This episode is a walk-through of Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. We give our thoughts, opinions, and history of the attractions in Tomorrowland. We also cover the shopping and dinning options that are available. Let us know what you think about Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.
I talk about my experience attending the Disney After Hours event on February 15th. I walk through what I experienced and give some tips one what you can do to maximize your time if you are planning to go to this event in the future. I also give my opinion on if this event is worth the price tag. ($120 per person or $89 per person for AP holders or DVC Members) If you are interested in going to this event in 2018 there’s only two left. (March 1st and March 8th) Disney may or may not bring this event back next year. What are your thoughts about this event?
In this part 2 episode of our Fantasyland walk-through we discuss the recent Fantasyland expansion at the Magic Kingdom. We talk about the most popular ride and restaurant in the park and our favorite snack at the Magic Kingdom. We discuss all of the attractions in the enchanted Forrest section of the park and end with the storybook circus section of the park. Next week we will discuss Tomorrowland!
Today’s Disney news topics include:
- Toy story land’s opening date
- Minnie Van service price increase
- Black Panther has major box office success
- New concept art for Disneyland’s new hotel
- Talking Mickey at the Magic Kingdom may have an official closing date
Today we are talking in depth about Disney’s Contemporary Resort. We talk about our experiences at this resort and the advantages that this resort has in terms of location. We discuss the uniqueness of the Hotel’s design and give an overview of the amenities. This resort has a lot of history from the way the hotel was built to the political history that happened there. Let us know your thoughts of this unique Disney resort.
Links to the Videos mentioned in the episode: