Episode 382: This week’s episode got cut short by some technical issues. We did manage to discuss some news and two of us have trips coming up soon. Jason is in Walt Disney world this weekend to see Fantasmic and I will be there soon as well. We discuss some of the latest holiday happenings around Walt Disney World. Bob is at it again and we discuss the Q4 earnings call. We got some new details on the Disneyland treehouse redesign. It is going to be kind of back to the original Swiss Family Robinson but not quite. We have a date for when Guardians will add the holiday track to cosmic rewind. A rare hurricane in November impacted the Disney World resort this week. We also experienced some technical difficulties that cut this episode short.
Today’s news topics include:
- Justice department approves of Disney’s bid for 20th Century Fox
- Nets have been placed above walkways on Swiss Family Treehouse
- $299 event at Pixar Pier…was it worth the price?
- The Disney Play App is now available
- Toy Story Land opening day saw large crowds
- Disney is working on new technology to simulate Star Wars laser blasts
- It’s rumored that Disney is also working on hologram technology for Galaxy’s Edge
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy to open at Hollywood Studios in 2019
- New Image Unveiled for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Incredibles 2 holds the number 2 spot at the box office
- New permits reveal how Star Wars hotel will connect to Galaxy’s Edge
- New photos suggest that construction is beginning on Mission Space restaurant
- Disney’s Magical Express buses will get a new look
- New interactive Coco exhibit debuts at the Mexico pavilion