Today on the show we are continuing a series that we started earlier this year where we randomly select an attraction, dinning location, or resort and list the pros and cons of them. We also give our overall opinions on each one that is selected. Here are some of the topics that came up during our discussion. Coronado Springs resort, Peter Pan’s Flight, It’s Tough To Be a Bug, Planet Hollywood, Coral Reef, and The Hoop-Dee-Do Musical Review.
Today’s news topics are:
- Walt Disney World Raises Snack Item Prices
- the Former Disney Junior Live is will soon be the Disney Junior Dance Party at Hollywood Studios
- PizzeRizzo is going to seasonal operation
- Sebastian’s Bistro is now taking reservations at Caribbean Beach Resort
- Stitch’s Great Escape officially closed for good
- Earl of Sandwich re-opens and Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- New Southbound Flyover ramp on World Drive will open soon
- Jake meet and greet is ending at Hollywood Studios
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will not be closed forever but will re-open in 2019
- New Details Released for the Millennium Falcon Ride..Will it have low capacity?
- First look at newly remodeled rooms at All Star Movies resort
On Today’s episode Jon and I start a new series where we go through all of the significant (and sometimes not) events that happened during a particular year in the past at Walt Disney World. We are selecting the years at Random and then going through the year that is selected and mentioning the dates where a new ride or resort opened or perhaps when an attraction closed down for good. In this episode the years 1991 and 1988 were randomly selected. The randomness keeps us on our toes because we are relying on our memory and knowledge of the events that occurred in a particular year. Let us know what you think of this format and if we should change it up any.
Here are the news topics for today:
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will abruptly close next month at Animal Kingdom
- Space Mountain’s new exit queue is nearing completion
- Rumor..is an India pavilion in the works for Epcot?
- Construction walls have been taken down for Magic Kingdom’s Club 33 location
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Interview about Disneyland alcohol sales and Star Wars films
- Comcast bids to acquire majority share hold of Sky TV
- Schedule finalized for Epcot’s candlelight processional
- Disney is changing to a New Date-Based Park Ticket Pricing Model
- Live actors are now being cut from Rivers of Light show at Animal Kingdom
In this episode, I conclude my Paris trip report and discuss the different popular sites that I visited in Paris. I give some advice on how to avoid the opportunists that frequent popular tourist areas. I also answer some of the most common questions that I was asked about the trip. Then I talk about my final day at Disneyland Paris! I got to experience their back-lot tour one last time because it will be going away soon and I didn’t give the one at Hollywood studios in Florida a proper goodbye when it closed in 2014. I rode the Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris which is very different from the ones that we know in the U.S. Parks. We ended our trip with a character meal at Cafe Mickey and I have to say it was one of, if not the best character meal I have ever done! The character interaction was phenomenal and we made a lot of great memories. I end the episode by answering the question…Would I go back?
Today’s News Topics!
- Will the Disney Skyliner not have air conditioning?
- 2 Disney Golf courses have added a Mickey shaped bunker
- Several Longtime “citizen’s of Hollywood” are being let go at Hollywood Studios
- The Star Wars stage show at Hollywood Studios will be closed for 5 weeks
- Complimentary zip-lock bags for your electronics coming soon to splash mountain
- Price change for Minnie Vans Confirmed
- Is a Marry Poppins spinner ride coming to Epcot?
- Move it, Shake it, Dance it, Play it street party is ending at Magic Kingdom
- Hong Kong Disneyland re-opened after being closed for a Typhoon
- Illuminations will be replaced at Epcot next summer
Video Link: Disneyland 1956
Today I start my day by day walk-through of my recent trip to Paris, which included 3 days at Disneyland Paris. I discuss how we booked our trip and the price of Disneyland Paris compared to the U.S. Disney parks. I talk about what it’s like to commute to Disneyland Paris by train and how the train system in Paris is pretty easy to figure out. I also talk about some of the frustrations that I had with Disneyland Paris…mainly the app. I had the most expensive lunch ever at Walt’s on Main Street but the experience made it acceptable and I give my thoughts on the Ratatouille attraction that will be coming to Epcot soon! I have a lot more to discuss in Part 2 next week so don’t miss it!
Today’s News topics include:
- Disney Springs area hotels are getting Disney resort benefits through 2019
- Disney After Hours Extends Into 2019
- New Details Released for Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin’s Third Hotel Tower
- Rumored opening date revealed for Ratatouille Ride at Epcot
- New “Per Mile” Pricing Model for Minnie Van Service Being Introduced
- Stark Industries Takes Over “A Bug’s Land” at Disney California Adventure
- Spaceship Earth was closed for leaking water…Rumored to receive update
- Walt Disney World Cast Members New Union Contract, Raising Wages To $15 An Hour
On Today’s show we discuss the current state of Disney animated films and what we think the future holds. We go back in time to talk about the Disney dark period that lasted 20 years from the mid 1960’s when Walt Disney died to the time that Michael Eisner and Frank Wells took over and turned the company around in the mid 1980’s. We discuss our favorite films from the Disney Renaissance era of the 1990’s and the second Disney dark time of the early 2000’s before John Lasseter stepped in as head of both Disney and Pixar studios. We try to determine what Disney’s process is for adding elements of Disney Films to the parks…Why do some films get more attention than others? Finally, we take a look at the future of the Disney/Pixar studios. Are we headed for another dark time in Disney animation history? Or is this just the beginning of our current period of hit after hit film? What do you think?
Today on the show we give our overview of Disneyland Paris! I recently return from a trip to Paris where I visited Disneyland for 3 days. I will give a full trip report soon but in this Episode I wanted to do a walk-through of the 2 parks at Disneyland Paris as an overview so that we can compare Disneyland Paris to the U.S. Parks. We discuss the differences in the attractions here as well as the similarities. Disneyland Paris is most definitely a beautiful Disney park and is worth visiting if you have the chance!
Today on the show we are continuing to catch up on the Disney News for this month. It has been a busy month for both me and Jon so we are trying to cover the news stories that may have fallen through the cracks. We hope to get back to our regular schedule next week. Also, check out our social media channels for some new content from Disneyland Paris! More on that next week.
Today Jon and I discuss the character meal options at Walt Disney World. We go through each of the on property locations that are considered character meals and give our top 3 favorites. We start by talking about the character meals at the resorts and then move to the ones that are in the parks. We also talk about which ones have the best food, best atmosphere and best character interaction. Between the two of us we have done just about every character meal at Walt Disney World. Which one is your favorite?
Instead of doing a regular news story this week we decide that since we are behind on the news stories that we would just have an open discussion on the current Disney related topics that we thought were the most interesting. We start by talking about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and how we feel about the Halloween season starting in mid-August now. We then cover news topics like, the two tragic deaths that have happened on our near Disney property in the last week, Disneyland’s hotel battle with the city of Anaheim, and rumors of what attraction will replace Stich’s Great escape.
Today I go over the basics of the Walt Disney World annual Pass! I start by going over the different types of passes and the current rates for those passes. I then talk about the process of activating your pass and how to get your passholder magic bands and magnets. I also, discuss the benefits of being a passholder including, discounts on hotels, merchandise, and dinning. I talk about what I think is the best benefit…the inclusion of memory maker and some of the other smaller benefits that I think are worth mentioning. I hope that this helps you determine if an annual pass is right for you.
Today Jon and I conclude our deep dive into the menus for this year’s EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival! We released part one last Thursday so if you want to hear the complete list of all menus…go back and listen to that episode first. We have fun going through the menus and selecting one food item and one beverage that we are most interested in trying. Also, enjoy listening to us try to pronounce all of the food and drink items on the menu. I’m pretty sure we got most of them wrong.
Today we welcome our first guest to the show! Jon’s brother James recently went on a Walt Disney World vacation and we spoke with him about it. As I mentioned in our last episode, Jon is a little preoccupied with the newest addition to his family so I have been going back in the TWTM archives to find some content that we haven’t released before. This is a recording that we made back in May and didn’t know what to do with it. We recorded this through speaker phone so apologies if the quality is not great at times but we hope you will still get some enjoyment out of it. Also, just to let you know, this episode begins as a trip report and then kind of goes all over the place. We talk about attractions, restaurants, and other random Disney topics. It is our intention to get James and my brother on the show to talk about Disney past and present. Let us know what you think and we will get back to our regular schedule soon!
Today on the show we are putting out Part one of our deep dive into the menus for the 2018 Epcot international Food & Wine festival! This was originally going to be one big long episode but we haven’t been able to record the whole thing yet because Jon’s daughter Olivia decided to discover America a few weeks earlier than expected. Everyone is doing well but obviously Jon is a little preoccupied with more important things this week! We will finish up with part two soon and get back to our regular schedule. In this episode we start going through the menus in alphabetical order and decide which items we are most looking forward to trying. The Epcot food & wine festival runs from August 30th through November 12th!
Today marks our one year anniversary! Time sure does fly when you are having fun! On this episode we talk about the latest Disney news and rumors.
The topics are:
- New Antman based attraction coming to Hong Kong Disneyland
- Chicken Guy is set to open this month at Disney Springs
- Disney plans to remove all plastic straws by mid-2019
- Is Disney designing a new app to help guests take photos?
- Ziploc is now the official sponsor of Splash Mountain
- Disney announces casting for live action Lady and the Tramp movie
- Fox board approved of Disney acquisition in less than 15 minutes
- Disney is developing a flexible speaker that can be hidden in objects
- Cast announced for Star Wars episode 9
- V.I.Passholder event details announced for Magic Kingdom
- New permits hint at major changes coming to illuminations at EPCOT
- DVC members can enter the park 2 hours earlier for the Halloween Party
- Pet friendly policy has been made permanent at select Walt Disney World resorts
- Production has begun on the new Jungle Cruise film
- New spaceship installed at Galaxy’s Edge
To day we are talking all about Disney Springs! We discuss the past present and future of this area. Originally opened as the Lake Buena Vista shopping village in 1975, This area has seen a lot of changes over the years. Mostly during the late 80’s and of course the recent changes that transformed this area from Downtown Disney into Disney Springs. Jon and I talk about some of our earliest memories here which includes a character meal at the Empress Lilly restaurant (now Paddlefish). Below is the photo from 1983 where Pluto jumped into Jon’s Dad’s arms (can you imagine this happening today?)
There is so much to see and do here that it is worth your time to come to Disney springs at least for a half-day.
Today’s news topics include:
- Bugs Land Closing Date
- Club 33 photo leaked (link)
- (Rumor) a bar could be coming to Mickey and Friends Parking deck Disneyland
- Comcast officially backs out of 21st Century Fox acquisition
- Toy story land dealing with new issues
- James Gunn fired from Guardian’s 3 because of old tweets
- New Magic Band Touch-points at Walt Disney World
- Minnie van expands service to Port Canaveral
- Q2 injury report for Florida Theme Parks